New 7

9' oller

21 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Completely agree with you, a couple of wins would make all the difference and might just make things click again.

Problem is, we have 3 of the toughest games of the season coming up. The target is probably to go all out to get something against Toulouse at home next week. It is a really tough ask though.

I just hope we keep it tight and play as well as we can. That is all any of us can ask, regardless of the results.  

It will be tough they have just banged barrow by 50 .  0

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One things for sure. We won't beat anybody with creativity we've shown so far. The results were paramount from previous weeks as the next few we shouldn't and won't get anywhere near them

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

We've talked this to death and there's still been no word from the club, nothing in the local press, Love RL site, what is it, loan, short or long, DR, free agent....

19 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Are you suggesting, because Diskin signed Yates and he is part of his team, he should have played the same halfback combination that lacked creativity last week, again tomorrow? 

In relation to the lack of support for the current coach, you seem to be assuming that the majority of our fans use this forum. When in fact it is a very small minority.

I have my doubts about some of the decisions he has made, and his man-management skills. Then again, I didn't agree with some of Kear's calls regarding players either, but it is fair to say Kear knows more about the game than most people, so who are we to argue? 

None of us really know what is going off behind the scenes, there are lots of rumours flying around, as there always is, when a team isn't winning. But a couple of wins will silence all of Diskin's critics and everything in the garden will be rosey again. The difficulty in doing that is the run of fixtures coming up. Even if we were playing out of our skin, would you have expected to pick up wins against Widnes, Toulouse and Toronto?

Before the season started, which of the games we have played so far, other than Barrow at home, would you have realistically expected us to win?

you say "a couple of wins will silence all of Diskins critics and everything in the garden will be rosey again" . Really where are these wins coming from please elaborate

8 minutes ago, ginaldo said:

you say "a couple of wins will silence all of Diskins critics and everything in the garden will be rosey again" . Really where are these wins coming from please elaborate

That is the $64000 question. I honestly cannot see it coming in the next 3 league games, given the opposition we face. Again though, even if we were playing at our best, how many points would you expect us to pick up in the next 3 games?

We have to hope that we are at least competitive at least in these games and confidence is not entirely decimated for when we face Swinton and Dewsbury. 

1 minute ago, DOGFATHER said:

That is the $64000 question. I honestly cannot see it coming in the next 3 league games, given the opposition we face. Again though, even if we were playing at our best, how many points would you expect us to pick up in the next 3 games?

We have to hope that we are at least competitive at least in these games and confidence is not entirely decimated for when we face Swinton and Dewsbury. 

Under 2 of the former coaches i’d of said 4 out of 6! With today been a close but disappointing loss we always seem to play better against the better sides maybe because the players were motivated and got the respect they deserved..

I can only seeing our next win being in the cup.. 

Dewsbury we haven’t won their since 2016 in the league which is very poor... Swinton always seems to be a tricky tie 

4 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

you said "a couple of wins" where they coming from

4 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Under 2 of the former coaches i’d of said 4 out of 6! With today been a close but disappointing loss we always seem to play better against the better sides maybe because the players were motivated and got the respect they deserved..

I can only seeing our next win being in the cup.. 

Dewsbury we haven’t won their since 2016 in the league which is very poor... Swinton always seems to be a tricky tie 

Really KTF? At the start of the season, you would have looked at the fixtures and backed us to beat Widnes away and Toulouse at home? Fair play to you, you are more optimistic than me ;)

5 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Really KTF? At the start of the season, you would have looked at the fixtures and backed us to beat Widnes home and Toulouse at home? Fair play to you, you are more optimistic than me ;)

Not under this coach I wouldn’t no as I’ve said under the previous 2 coaches I would of yes... we seemed to have a good record against Widnes at our place.. Always were close games too

2006 we should of won goal kicker was awful ?

2008 they scored on the hooter 2009 we beat them in the last 5 minute with a try 2010 we drew lost & beat them twice 

2011 we hammered them the same week they got a super league license 

toulouse we beat them in 2018 but who knows anything can happen 

maybe I was optimistic at one stage but not anymore.. we are in a dog fight for survival at this early stage 

11 hours ago, phildog said:

We've talked this to death and there's still been no word from the club, nothing in the local press, Love RL site, what is it, loan, short or long, DR, free agent....

you wont, all you get is the same old drule from Kevin, which is come and speak to me, why the hell should we go chasing, tell the fans what they want to hear, and that is what is going on up at our club, oh sorry your club??

Our performances have been poor to date with the exception of the Fax game, we should beat barrow at home, we did beat a much improved Rochdale, other than that tell me which of the teams we've lost to we have a right to beat? Diskin will stand or fall on his results but your kidding yourself if you think he'll go or the BOD will dump him. Remember we were in a much worse position with Kear & he survived. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

True, but they are a very different proposition at home.

True, and Barrow are rubbish away from home..........................................oh!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

True, and Barrow are rubbish away from home..........................................oh!

There have been some very strange results already.

I would have expected us to beat Barrow at home. I didn't expect Halifax and Toulouse to struggle against the supposed league whipping boys, Swinton, Widnes to thump Featherstone given the turmoil at the time, York to beat Bradford, Dewsbury to run Toronto close, nor Toulouse to stuff Toronto last week.

By the looks of things, the form book has been torn up and set on fire. It has shown nobody is unbeatable, and if you are not at your best, whoever you are, you are not likely to come away with the points. There are no poor teams in the division this season.

23 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

There have been some very strange results already.

I would have expected us to beat Barrow at home. I didn't expect Halifax and Toulouse to struggle against the supposed league whipping boys, Swinton, Widnes to thump Featherstone given the turmoil at the time, York to beat Bradford, Dewsbury to run Toronto close, nor Toulouse to stuff Toronto last week.

By the looks of things, the form book has been torn up and set on fire. It has shown nobody is unbeatable, and if you are not at your best, whoever you are, you are not likely to come away with the points. There are no poor teams in the division this season.

your last line, i beg to differ

Oliver russell

Fit, quick, confident but not arrogant good positional sense.

More to come b-

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived