The new Alan Partridge series?

On 3/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, Futtocks said:

There's also the usual Armando Iannucci attention to small details, like the steps behind the couch being just a little too long, so Alan has to do an unnaturally long stride for his piece by the big screen. They didn't make them ridiculously over-long; just enough that Alan looked vaguely preposterous and you weren't sure why at first.

Armando hasn't written for Partridge since the film (and even then, I believe his involvement was quite small). 

Everything from Mid-Morning Matter 2 onwards has been masterminded by the Gibbons Brothers (alongside Coogan) who were brought in to write for Paul Calf on one of Coogan's tours about ten years ago but found they actually knew the "voice" of Alan better and gradually got called back to write more stuff. They were heavily involved in the film, and I, Partridge, but since then Iannucci has taken a step back, and I don't think is even a producer on This Time. 

If you've enjoyed anything Alan's done in the past ten years, I get the impression those two are the ones to thank. 

I think this series is great, it's got elements of pretty much every Partridge series so far, but still feels new. Also looks like there will be further Partridge on the BBC, in another format - https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/03/03/42440/alan_partridge_to_make_another_bbc_series

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

6 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

Armando hasn't written for Partridge since the film (and even then, I believe his involvement was quite small). 

Everything from Mid-Morning Matter 2 onwards has been masterminded by the Gibbons Brothers (alongside Coogan) who were brought in to write for Paul Calf on one of Coogan's tours about ten years ago but found they actually knew the "voice" of Alan better and gradually got called back to write more stuff. They were heavily involved in the film, and I, Partridge, but since then Iannucci has taken a step back, and I don't think is even a producer on This Time. 

If you've enjoyed anything Alan's done in the past ten years, I get the impression those two are the ones to thank. 

Oops, you're right. Still, the little, less obvious things in the show warrant a re-watch of each episode.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Another tiny detail - when Alan's doing his knitwear catalogue poses at the start of the Monty Don section, you can hear the creaking noises from his knees. 

Yep they've done that twice. Also....on the episode where Alan goes to the top tier of the audience and barges someone to sit down someone 10 people down on the row falls off the stage....lovely little touches....

Archived