What a mess tackling in the air has become?

How on earth can it be considered safe for a player of the non kicking team to tackle an opponent in the air while he’s attempting to catch it, when it is deemed unsafe for a player of the kicking team to do the same of an opponent?

How hard is it? Player has left his feet to make a legitimate attempt to catch or tap the ball... then it’s illegal to tackle that player until they have landed with the ball. Bloody administrators!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/16/kearney-calls-for-review-on-mid-air-contests/

Its to stop neck injurys. more often than not a player tackled in the air runs the risk of being tipped up, mind you the thing thats bugging me is the way teams are cheating a penalty at the play the ball by playing the ballinto a tackler on the floor even when there is no way for them to escape, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and i fear if its not stamped out we'll end up like football with all the diving/cheating that goes on.

7 minutes ago, juliancaine said:

Its to stop neck injurys. more often than not a player tackled in the air runs the risk of being tipped up

Oh I get that! But in what way is the risk minimised, depending on the colour of the shirt you are wearing?

ps its about time world rugby league rules are the same everywhere and the aussies shudda put a team out against us in the upcoming tour even if it leads to us getting beat at least it spreads the gospel according to rl. ps i support st helens, swinton, and my aussie team are canberra raiders.

20 hours ago, juliancaine said:

always the same in rl no matter what hemisphere your in, the chosen teams always get the rub of the green ie wigan and leeds here.

You miss my point. Why is a player from the non kicking team allowed to tackle a player in the air? A player from the kicking team isn’t allowed to.

Archived