Shaun Edwards & Wigan (Merged Threads)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

A guy shouted out in the pub last week that S Edwards has signed a three year deal with France

Strange thing to just shout out in a pub ? Was he a Wiganer with Tourette’s? 

On 03/05/2019 at 20:51, foozler said:

Or as they say in France <quelle pute>

Yes, in french,  exactly !

Poor lad ... he goes to french RU team, as sixth assistant !!! After the head coach, the forward coach, the backs coach, the kicks coach and the scrum and touch coach ... Defense coach ...⛔ !!!  As said in "World Rugby League" he could have been a hero ... he is a zero !

16 hours ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

Yes, in french,  exactly !

Poor lad ... he goes to french RU team, as sixth assistant !!! After the head coach, the forward coach, the backs coach, the kicks coach and the scrum and touch coach ... Defense coach ...⛔ !!!  As said in "World Rugby League" he could have been a hero ... he is a zero !

Absolutely. 

A chance to go down in history as restarting the glory days of a huge club or a soon forgotten assistant coach in a dying national team

A money grabbing / attention seeking no mark. 

His great legacy in league now obscured

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Not heard of him.   Is he as good as QLT or RTS?   Sounds like he's a bit self-righteous ?

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Not heard of him.   Is he as good as QLT or RTS?   Sounds like he's a bit self-righteous ?

He is a bit of a polymath, he does speak a dead language.

• 8 months later...

Interesting few comments from Edwards regarding the Wigan role in this article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51256647

"I obviously didn't have a load of offers at first because everybody thought I was going to Wigan and then I didn't go to Wigan because of lack of control over what I felt was a head coach role," he said.

"That way of working has worked for Wigan before so good luck to them, but when I was head coach at Wasps I definitely had input into the people I was bringing on board within my coaching staff."

Surely this contradicts what he originally said about the lack of a signed contract from Wigan?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

57 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Surely this contradicts what he originally said about the lack of a signed contract from Wigan?

Best not to read or listen, Dunbar.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Interesting few comments from Edwards regarding the Wigan role in this article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51256647

"I obviously didn't have a load of offers at first because everybody thought I was going to Wigan and then I didn't go to Wigan because of lack of control over what I felt was a head coach role," he said.

"That way of working has worked for Wigan before so good luck to them, but when I was head coach at Wasps I definitely had input into the people I was bringing on board within my coaching staff."

He wanted Richard Hunwicks in, who’s head of performance (strength and conditioning) at Catalans but Lenegan wouldn’t 

Similar if not identical piece in today's Times.  

He says he's going to relocate his family to Canet en Roussillon

He is popular in his local, it seems: Connolly's in Chiswick.

He should try a pub , any pub in Wigan if he wants a warm welcome.

17 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

He wanted Richard Hunwicks in, who’s head of performance (strength and conditioning) at Catalans but Lenegan wouldn’t 

What has Lenegan got on Hunwicks then?

Seems a strange ground to stand that would subsequently go on to be the deal breaker in signing the coach he wanted.

44 minutes ago, JohnM said:

He should try a pub , any pub in Wigan if he wants a warm welcome.

Do you not think he would be welcomed in Wigan? The coach saga didn't leave him looking good but he is a local lad who is a playing legend at the club.

It is a genuine question.  I am from Wigan but I don't live there and so I don't know what the feeling on the ground is.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived