Outstanding display today

HaxbyKnight

15 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Ben Cockayne MoM for me today. How the referee didn't see the spear tackle on Batchelor, I'll never know. Every single person in the stadium saw it.

He did but he took the easy option of putting it on report.

Another excellent performance today, running out of superlatives to use. 

Another outstanding performance from the Knights today against a good Halifax team who were made to look 2nd best all over the pitch.Hard to give a MOTM because they were to many great performances.Can't wait for Sheffield next week Are the under 16's counted as part of the crowd?

1 hour ago, White Knight said:

Yes, i’d say around 2100.

2101. Tremendous effort. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Yep, brilliant, especially after the last minute swaps caused by Perry's illness in the warm up, and losing Harry fairly early on. Very impressed by our tries today, some real quality finishing. i think that was our best perfomance this year as fax are a decent team but we never gave em a look in.

On wards n upwards

In fordy we trust

Just an all round good day for the club. Always looked in control against what is usually a good Halifax team. They surprised me today, really not at the races, QLT sat in the stands (according to rlfans Halifax page it's too cold) and some strange decisions by them, like kicking the ball away to waste time when 16 points down. They almost finished in 3rd place last season, have a squad of 31 and I expected them to show more fight.

Off the pitch things are growing albeit slowly, think we all know the team deserve more fans cheering them on at BC but a crowd of 2101 isn't to be laughed at, Halifax brought around a 100 less than Leigh did IMO so taking into account there were about 200 more York fans today. Also it's only 2 years ago we were getting 700-800 most games and only 1,000 on a handful of occasions. Onwards we march.

To say Halifax didn't get a look in or they didn't show much fight isn't giving the Knights the credit they deserve. Halifax were always dangerous when they had the ball, especially when in our half. In fact people near me at half time were all agreed whoever scored first in the 2nd half would have a big bearing on the final result. The Knights were brilliant to watch today in both attack and defence and Connor's goal kicking was spot on once again and that's why they beat a good, big and strong, Halifax side.

4 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

To say Halifax didn't get a look in or they didn't show much fight isn't giving the Knights the credit they deserve. Halifax were always dangerous when they had the ball, especially when in our half. In fact people near me at half time were all agreed whoever scored first in the 2nd half would have a big bearing on the final result. The Knights were brilliant to watch today in both attack and defence and Connor's goal kicking was spot on once again and that's why they beat a good, big and strong, Halifax side.

Aye, I said the same thing at half time - whoever scores next will probably win. At the end of the 1st half I thought we were under the cosh and the hooter came at the right time. Had we shipped a try at that point it would have made things really interesting. But the expected 2nd half onslaught from Fax never came, and it was comfortable in the end.

This is some side now, it's going to be a memorable season.

I agree with the last two posts in that Fax looked a very dangerous side at times and we had to bust a gut to keep them out. Once again its testament to the spirit in our camp that we not only repelled Fax when they attempted to get a roll on but somehow finished the stronger side.

WELL DONE TO ALL at our rejuvenated club.

2 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Aye, I said the same thing at half time - whoever scores next will probably win. At the end of the 1st half I thought we were under the cosh and the hooter came at the right time. Had we shipped a try at that point it would have made things really interesting. But the expected 2nd half onslaught from Fax never came, and it was comfortable in the end.

This is some side now, it's going to be a memorable season.

Likewise I was very pleased to hear the hooter as in that last 10 mins of the opening half Fax were getting well on top. Thankfully we regrouped and saw the game out with a tremendous second 40 for a great win.

Excellent performance and still buzzing from it a few of the more interesting characters from Halifax in their words said if they turn up we would be slaughtered due to their big defence. They didn't rate Connor Robbo either after his spell there i didnt say anything but had a smile on my face when they were leaving early due to witnessing another Knights victory! 

Archived