One positive

Wakefield Ram

The team's we have lost to at home are in the top 5 in our league and have spent a lot more than us to get there. So it bodes well for games against lesser sides.

As long as we avoid relegation, then it's job done for this season. Reckon there will be one or two other teams running into financial problems.

38 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The team's we have lost to at home are in the top 5 in our league and have spent a lot more than us to get there. So it bodes well for games against lesser sides.

As long as we avoid relegation, then it's job done for this season. Reckon there will be one or two other teams running into financial problems.

Point is we should be one of those 5

23 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

York haven't spent more than us.

Don't think there's much between us and York as observed when we met.  Said this in a post about that game but at the time I thought we were both average.

Could be they are just better at closing out games,, Mind I think most teams are better than us at closing out games.  As we have said before we could easily have another 7 points..

I think if we can hold on just once things will improve.  At present you can sense the panic when the oppo score..

If  York continue with intensity and injury free I fancy them for top 6. At minute bulldogs lucky to avoid bottom 3

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

43 minutes ago, NickD said:

Don't think there's much between us and York as observed when we met.  Said this in a post about that game but at the time I thought we were both average.

Could be they are just better at closing out games,, Mind I think most teams are better than us at closing out games.  As we have said before we could easily have another 7 points..

I think if we can hold on just once things will improve.  At present you can sense the panic when the oppo score..

Nick, I think York are better than us, beating Halifax easily, with using losing to 'Fax similarly. We have held on - once, when we defeated Swinton, but only because we had plenty of points on the board and little time for the Lions to grab enough, even though they did come back at us. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Good Friday's match will be a really important game this year, even more than just HW bragging rights.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Good Friday game will be murder for one half of attendance, sweet apple pie and custard for other

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Following Dewsbury from overseas and relying only on Twitter, online hospital radio coverage (which is great, keep it up!) and the Toronto game broadcast, I would say there is an awful lot to be positive about so far this season. Other than Halifax away, we have pushed some very good teams close and with a bit more concentration we could have won five games out of six.

Very impressed by Lee Greenwood and the players he has brought in, and what he has managed to get out of the players who were here - some of whom I hadn't rated in the past. Think it's important for the fans to stay behind the team at the moment because there are plenty of reasons for optimism.

Archived