Hemel and New York

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is such an exciting news story, I can hardly contain myself. The wait for more information is agonising. Come on Rugby League. 

I know it's a long way from fruition, but is the expectation that these possible NA teams will enter League 1? Or is there a likelihood of a big shake up regarding having 2 SL leagues where these new concept clubs might just drop in to a more advanced set-up so avoiding the struggling L1 sides having to conjour two trips to NA? L1 would be much the same as it is today with all GB membership.

I suspect when the new tv deal kicks in, people should realise this tv money goes to S/L it is up to them how much is filtered down . I think there will only be Super League 1&2 . With a lot of teams being cut adrift. Can see a lot of money being spent next season trying to get out of league 1.

1 minute ago, newbe said:

I suspect when the new tv deal kicks in, there will only be Super League 1&2 . With a lot of teams being cut adrift. Can see a lot of money being spent next season trying to get out of league 1.

...and probably without any actual knowledge about where the goalposts will eventually be placed.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Pass the buck to the clubs then RFL. Many of which may put self interest above the good of the game. Great leadership there.

To be fair, isn't this the way it always happens? The RFL make their recommendation and do the groundwork, but ultimately anything like this needs to be voted in by the clubs?

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

To be fair, isn't this the way it always happens? The RFL make their recommendation and do the groundwork, but ultimately anything like this needs to be voted in by the clubs?

I can see that but when many of those clubs are little more than amateur, homeless and haven't a pot to #### in I don't see why they should be allowed to potentially hold the game to ransom. Hopefully they don't and see the bigger picture.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

I can see that but when many of those clubs are little more than amateur, homeless and haven't a pot to #### in I don't see why they should be allowed to potentially hold the game to ransom. Hopefully they don't and see the bigger picture.

I can see both sides. It is the way the game is run, and has been for a long time. They are voting on something that can affect them majorly.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Mate, they're only interested in £££. If any of these prospective clubs throw some money in the pot, you'll see how many of these clubs soon turn. Money talks

Presumably the RFL also provides the member clubs with all the necessary information, financial, operational etc. so they can make an informed decision and not have to go asking these questions themselves. But they'd have to be nuts to say no... so of course they will.

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

People wanting to play rugby league in a different country and grow the game, how dare they.

That kind of attitude isn't really helpful to any kind of sensible discussion on this. Anybody can play RL whenever they want. 

What nobody has an automatic right to do is play in the RFL competition. If they do, there will be votes on it.

Archived