Hemel and New York

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No faith lost at all ,just sick to death of know it all new world foreigners , I watch an NFL game and think , how easy that is to play , you get a few big fat b******* in the middle and a couple of decent sprinters out wide , and come up with a few plays , what's all the fuss about , and yet one of Australia's finest couldn't hack it , so that tells me your average gridiron coach and players are more than just fat and fast , so Im'e not that arrogant to believe I know more than they do about what is an alien sport , but it seems that doesn't work the other way round 

You are in fine form today Gubrats....

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but rugby is not contained to GB.  We have some people over here who think about hockey like that....but, alas, good hockey at a high level is no longer just contained to within Canadian borders.

Great Britain lost their monopoly on rugby (both codes) a long, long  time ago....same with hockey in Canada.  Its just one of the realities of the modern world my friend.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RayCee said:

It's coming across that way. You sound like Parky mark 2 and like Parky, I don’t want to enter into discussion with you because it will descend into a pointless debate. I think Ottawa can succeed. Time will tell but I'm glad Eric Perez wants to take us on this ride.

So why reply to me ? , Some seriously dim people on here 

Come on Gubrats, play nice. I'm not sure what you want? Do you want the game to take off in Canada/USA or not?  

39 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Come on Gubrats, play nice. I'm not sure what you want? Do you want the game to take off in Canada/USA or not?  

It depends at what cost ? , If it brings money and players ( NA ones ) into the sport then great , but it does have the potential to also cause disruption , from my personal point of view it might be the catalyst for me to again get a bit bored with it all as I did last time 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

It depends at what cost ? , If it brings money and players ( NA ones ) into the sport then great , but it does have the potential to also cause disruption , from my personal point of view it might be the catalyst for me to again get a bit bored with it all as I did last time 

Not costing you a half farthing (whatever the hell that is)...therefore, by logical extension, you must be in the pro expansions camp?

HEY LOOK EVERYONE....I'm about to turn Starbug!!!!!  And they said it couln't be done!

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Not costing you a half farthing (whatever the hell that is)...therefore, by logical extension, you must be in the pro expansions camp?

HEY LOOK EVERYONE....I'm about to turn Starbug!!!!!  And they said it couln't be done!

Reread my post K man , as I said , it may well result in a return to a closed top tier , last time that happened I got bored with it and the garden improved 

17 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Yes you are right it is. I played up in Castleford once, loved it, but 1% of 10% of 70,000 is 70.

Aaaaaaahhhh!  You are right. But as someonefrom Cas I did show some math skills beyond expectations.  Shame my english comprehension skills are lacking ??

Glad to see you got out of Cas ok!

3 hours ago, North but south said:

Surely All new clubs have to show plans on how they would achieve player pathways within a set time frame. For Toronto and Ottawa I would expect that to be over a 10 year period. I agree that some people expecting players within 1 -2 years is crazy.

Do any clubs have to show plans for anything ever?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 hours ago, North but south said:

Surely All new clubs have to show plans on how they would achieve player pathways within a set time frame. For Toronto and Ottawa I would expect that to be over a 10 year period. I agree that some people expecting players within 1 -2 years is crazy.

Nobody expects this at all, why do you make this up just to have a go? We were all agreed the results of junior development would be more like 15-20 years if they bothered to try it, so do six NA clubs take 150 players from the player pool here  for all that time?? It's "crazy" not to acknowledge the player shortage, and crazy to pretend paying  less talented players to be professional will make them quality players. SL's reduction in the number of teams in SL down from 14 to 12 was because of a lack of quality, and less quality players are coming through since then so 10 clubs is most likely - hence the proposed SL1 was set at 10 clubs. That's it.

12 hours ago, Jayme2020 said:

In terms of development of young players its not just on Ottawa and Toronto Rugby Ontario has to play a big role as well.

You have come in at the end (truly the end) of the debate. Mr. Argyle blanked the people who run Canada RL. They wrote an article about their disappointment at that. The plan to develop players never was junior development - it was grid iron conversions and that failed badly and was abandoned. I set out at the start of the debate how the start of the attempts to develop RL in Canada were in 1928 and in the USA 1953 this grass roots development tried again and again failed. These phoney clubs years of failure later, are never going to develop anyone, only take players from here we can't afford to let go and who won't want to be playing out of suitcases and flying long haul when they should be training. This is an absurd discussion as there is no NA junior  RL development and there are no plans for any.

21 hours ago, Damien said:

I certainly agree with all that. I do certainly think that top down with some strong teams can accelerate growth domestically. 

Wake up man. There isn't a successful professional club in the League that has ever "grown top down". Our strength is in tradition and history, we only "grew" when we were in the Rugby Union 1864 to 1896 then we broke away because we were too strong for the southern toffs. If TWP get into Superleague and compete with Wigan and Saints it will only be because of the massive subsidy, using our own players, that everyone wants to totally ignore that Argyle provides. 

This is a club that spends $$Millions and makes $$$Hundreds of thousands.  Who seriously wants to copy that? Your just a dreamer my friend and I mean no insult, your in some great company, and it's OK to dream but don't try to tell me this "growth" you speak of is reality.  ANYWAY from League Express Monday:-

"Plenty of strong comments made by the press on social media that superleague is refusing to allow any new overseas clubs into the top flight leaving the future of any future franchises seemingly  unsustainable"

Adam Pearson has also recently wrote outline how the game is struggling to find the players and keep the tradition here alive. More importantly Maurice Lyndsay outlined how the game here can't afford to sell itself out to a crazy dream of no substance. Nigel Wood should have simply and quietly said no and in not doing so he has left this terrible mess.

28 minutes ago, The Parksider said:

Nobody expects this at all, why do you make this up just to have a go?

Have You spoke to everyone. There is No way you can make this statement and be any where near correct. That's never stopped you make things up.

So your solution to a player shortage and less people playing the game is to reduce the catchment area that develops players. To reduce the exposure of the game into new areas and to reduce the amount of teams covered by sky. I have to ask are you trying to kill the sport by a thousand cuts or just make sure it never returns once it turns amateur?

5 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Aaaaaaahhhh!  You are right. But as someonefrom Cas I did show some math skills beyond expectations.  Shame my english comprehension skills are lacking ??

Glad to see you got out of Cas ok!

We made the mistake, of scoring first.

Then the second row who scored came onto another ball on Cas's 20 metre line (thinking he was going to score again) and they sent him to the hospital.

We only had the ball after that to kick it back to them.

I think we lost 40 - 4. It hardly touched the ground when they were in possession.

After the game an angelic little girl (about 10 years old) waiting outside our changing room, asked me to sign her programme, saying ''Did you play for Bridgend?''. ''Yes i said'' (flattered to be asked for my autograph). She said ''You were foookin ######''.

Sorry if this has already been asked (but 15 back pages is a lot to read through) but does this mean that Hemel now have no licence to play in or return to League 1 as they were planning to for the 2020 season.  Can they just re-apply for another licence or are they now a Nat Conf South team permanently? Cheers.

1 hour ago, Jasper said:

Sorry if this has already been asked (but 15 back pages is a lot to read through) but does this mean that Hemel now have no licence to play in or return to League 1 as they were planning to for the 2020 season.  Can they just re-apply for another licence or are they now a Nat Conf South team permanently? Cheers.

Does this mean that Hemel now have no licence to play in or return to League 1 as they were planning to for the 2020 season. Yes, that certainly appears to be correct.

Can they just re-apply for another licence ? - I don't know, but I suppose anyone can "apply" if they want to. However, presumably, if they wanted to be in League 1 they wouldn't have sold the company that operated the League 1 team. The statement on their web site says they are carrying on as a community based amateur club.

Are they now a Nat Conf South team permanently? - There is no relegation from League 1. There is no automatic promotion from the new Southern Conference for amateur teams.

?

11 hours ago, The Parksider said:

Nobody expects this at all, why do you make this up just to have a go? We were all agreed the results of junior development would be more like 15-20 years if they bothered to try it, so do six NA clubs take 150 players from the player pool here  for all that time?? It's "crazy" not to acknowledge the player shortage, and crazy to pretend paying  less talented players to be professional will make them quality players. SL's reduction in the number of teams in SL down from 14 to 12 was because of a lack of quality, and less quality players are coming through since then so 10 clubs is most likely - hence the proposed SL1 was set at 10 clubs. That's it.

You have come in at the end (truly the end) of the debate. Mr. Argyle blanked the people who run Canada RL. They wrote an article about their disappointment at that. The plan to develop players never was junior development - it was grid iron conversions and that failed badly and was abandoned. I set out at the start of the debate how the start of the attempts to develop RL in Canada were in 1928 and in the USA 1953 this grass roots development tried again and again failed. These phoney clubs years of failure later, are never going to develop anyone, only take players from here we can't afford to let go and who won't want to be playing out of suitcases and flying long haul when they should be training. This is an absurd discussion as there is no NA junior  RL development and there are no plans for any.

Wake up man. There isn't a successful professional club in the League that has ever "grown top down". Our strength is in tradition and history, we only "grew" when we were in the Rugby Union 1864 to 1896 then we broke away because we were too strong for the southern toffs. If TWP get into Superleague and compete with Wigan and Saints it will only be because of the massive subsidy, using our own players, that everyone wants to totally ignore that Argyle provides. 

This is a club that spends $$Millions and makes $$$Hundreds of thousands.  Who seriously wants to copy that? Your just a dreamer my friend and I mean no insult, your in some great company, and it's OK to dream but don't try to tell me this "growth" you speak of is reality.  ANYWAY from League Express Monday:-

"Plenty of strong comments made by the press on social media that superleague is refusing to allow any new overseas clubs into the top flight leaving the future of any future franchises seemingly  unsustainable"

Adam Pearson has also recently wrote outline how the game is struggling to find the players and keep the tradition here alive. More importantly Maurice Lyndsay outlined how the game here can't afford to sell itself out to a crazy dream of no substance. Nigel Wood should have simply and quietly said no and in not doing so he has left this terrible mess.

Dribble gobble dribble gobble 

12 hours ago, The Parksider said:

Or perhaps they see the exiting regional SL in its current form, living on borrowed time of a legacy TV contract, as less relevant to the future of northern hemisphere RL than some may believe.

Does anyone know when this will be decided on? How long its going to take before we know, once and for all if they are going to be welcomed in? 

5 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Does anyone know when this will be decided on? How long its going to take before we know, once and for all if they are going to be welcomed in? 

Hopefully as soon as possible. From everything I've seen it should be a no brainer.

Archived