Toulouse game

Batley Bob

21 minutes ago, Eric Bristow said:

Soul-destroyingly poor. 

it was.

its now gone a bit beyond all the "diskin out" rhetoric and angst.

i hope he goes now..but i know he won't. 

people are just resigned to the utter despair of watching a team devoid of spirit and fight...

apathy rules.

Lock Lane in t'cup next week.....

??

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think disco should go he owes us nothing we owe him nowt and he certainly doesn't need brass or flack.

I'm happy in how we battled. Loosing when you give it a good dig and entertaining- wins everyday over just going through the motions.

But the empty terrace speaks volumes. Usual hard-core halved or 2/3s missing in action.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

2 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

But the empty terrace speaks volumes. Usual hard-core halved or 2/3s missing in action.

the problem is that even if Mr Diskin did resign/leave would those fans return?

the damage has been done.

some i know have said 'thats it now' and 'done for good'....etc...

granted they are fair weather fans,and ive told them such (the halcyon days of northern rail cup glory and grand finals but a distant memory) but nevertheless these are fans lost because of the trash we are serving up on the pitch..with players we ALL know could do so much better with a good coach.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Just now, 9' oller said:

I still think disco should go he owes us nothing we owe him nowt and he certainly doesn't need brass or flack.

I'm happy in how we battled. Loosing when you give it a good dig and entertaining- wins everyday over just going through the motions.

One of the issues for us is that, even if we were to bring in a new coach, the majority of our players aren't actually good enough if we're honest. Scott, Leak, Manning and Brown (when at his best) are very good. Wood is promising. The rest are well below par. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Bristow said:

One of the issues for us is that, even if we were to bring in a new coach, the majority of our players aren't actually good enough. Scott, Leak, Manning and Brown (when at his best) are very good. Wood is promising. The rest are well below par. 

and i would hazard a guess that all those mentioned won't be at Batley next year.

I for one enjoyed that game more than the Barrow and Rochdale games combined, some really awesome tackling, in the second half I liked the 2 short kick off which we fielded, something different.

Was Brown sent off as he left the field and went to the changing rooms before the end of the game.

Nope cropper yellow galbarth red bit sensitive touch judges...

Brown was with female physio but also had a fan of his turn up to offer encouragement! Thing is lad was wearing wrong attitude so asked to leave!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Just now, RogerT said:

I for one enjoyed that game more than the Barrow and Rochdale games combined, some really awesome tackling, in the second half I liked the 2 short kick off which we fielded, something different.

Was Brown sent off as he left the field and went to the changing rooms before the end of the game.

Yeah, the two short kick-offs had me in raptures. I could barely contain my excitement on the terraces. In fact, those kick-offs more than made up for the terrible second-half performance. If we keep trying them, we might eventually catch one. Something to build on anyway, onwards and upwards! 

PS The new toilet paper in the gent's is far less abrasive than the old stuff. Why all the doom and gloom? 

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

this really sums up the ###### we are watching.

discussing a couple of kick offs and a bit of tackling....wasn't much tackling in the second half was there?

not the scintillating performance from our threequarter line or classy link up play from our sniping halfbacks....on the back of punishing runs from our forwards......

seriously though,is that it?

still,it could be worse...we could be watching Leeds Rhinos with one win in 8 games........

?

We have a few more better players than the 4 or 5 mentioned above, but we also have 1 or 2(?) not putting in a shift. If Dickinson was hoping to use us a way back to Giants....Everett has done nada....along with 500 more still can't see the point in Smeaton before either centres or other 2nd rowers. Players not getting picked must now be considering their situations. What is clearer than ever is the lack of dressing room confidence and support for the coach. As much as they might deny it the players can't get away from it. As much as he might build it up, the coach must know that the situation is beyond his ability of recovery. I can't see that there's anything else he can  say or do in training to alter it. There is one way to find out who's at fault; we change coach,we see if the players can respond. If no, then we know they're at fault,  if yes, tgen we know the other way as well. Is this current sort of performance enough to beat Swinton and Dewsbury twice and Rochdale again on their cabbage patch, that's the question the board need a to be asking. Do they want to be in this division next year? If yes, then change has got to come.

i thought we did ok for a while today,we seemed to just try too much and get caught out by our own plays to nothing, toulouse had some very stront runners hitting the line well and our defence seemed to fall apart after an hour, but credit some good efforts from those who do it every game,others seem to look lost at times and today looked like they had been told to go do what you want and see if it works,ref came up with a few clangers but we are devoid of ideas and structure for most parts a the game,the fights gone out a lot a players and skills not been given to those we know are better than what we see at the moment, and it will be proved when they move on as the players who have gone are playing their best games at the moment for other coachs, when we get to one win outa 12 will it be too late,and who the hell can turn us round and keep the lads we need here and not go down for 2020.:punish:

13 hours ago, il cattivo said:

it was.

its now gone a bit beyond all the "diskin out" rhetoric and angst.

i hope he goes now..but i know he won't. 

people are just resigned to the utter despair of watching a team devoid of spirit and fight...

apathy rules.

Lock Lane in t'cup next week.....

??

I visited Oldham St Anne’s yesterday as Batley Boys beat them in the league and they had a memory board of their victory of us... I just hope certain ex players don’t turn up next week wanting to prove a point such as Paul Kaye did in 2000... 

it will be proved when they move on as the players who have gone are playing their best games at the moment for other coaches when we get to one win outa 12 will it be too late,and who the hell can turn us round and keep the lads we need here

You seem to have got it in one Silverback. You've lost your organiser to Sheffield  who was out of contract and wasn't wanted any longer. It's a bit like going to Netto or Aldi, when it's gone it's gone which is a great pity. 

15 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

One of the issues for us is that, even if we were to bring in a new coach, the majority of our players aren't actually good enough if we're honest. Scott, Leak, Manning and Brown (when at his best) are very good. Wood is promising. The rest are well below par. 

But look at the 2009 squad before Karl took it over it was an awful side without any leadership this side is decent enough but doesn’t have any motivation or leadership to want to win it comes from the coach and senior players 

Just now, Keep The Faith said:

But look at the 2009 squad before Karl took it over it was an awful side without any leadership this side is decent enough but doesn’t have any motivation or leadership to want to win it comes from the coach and senior players 

It was an awful side, yes. If Harrison hadn't immediatey been able to snare Handforth from a bankrupt Doncaster, we'd have been relegated. 

Our best hope this season is to replace Diskin with a coach who will instil some nastiness, aggression and organisation. It's unlikely that a gem like Handforth would be available.  

10 hours ago, silverback said:

i thought we did ok for a while today,we seemed to just try too much and get caught out by our own plays to nothing, toulouse had some very stront runners hitting the line well and our defence seemed to fall apart after an hour, but credit some good efforts from those who do it every game,others seem to look lost at times and today looked like they had been told to go do what you want and see if it works,ref came up with a few clangers but we are devoid of ideas and structure for most parts a the game,the fights gone out a lot a players and skills not been given to those we know are better than what we see at the moment, and it will be proved when they move on as the players who have gone are playing their best games at the moment for other coachs, when we get to one win outa 12 will it be too late,and who the hell can turn us round and keep the lads we need here and not go down for 2020.:punish:

TBH Silverback, there were signs that the majority of the team wanted to stand up and prove a point. I thought our tackling down the middle was strong, and started to rattle Toulouse towards the end of the first half, especially when we went into the break 2 points ahead. Second half we tried to attack the slope with purpose with ball in hand, made a few errors on the offensive, but we were giving it a go. The strong running downhill of the full time forwards of Toulouse eventually took its toll, and we looked vulnerable on the flanks. Overall, I would say we were better than the scoreline suggests, and would also point to the referee and several questionable decisions that went the way of Toulouse. 

3 hours ago, Anecdotal said:

it will be proved when they move on as the players who have gone are playing their best games at the moment for other coaches when we get to one win outa 12 will it be too late,and who the hell can turn us round and keep the lads we need here

You seem to have got it in one Silverback. You've lost your organiser to Sheffield  who was out of contract and wasn't wanted any longer. It's a bit like going to Netto or Aldi, when it's gone it's gone which is a great pity. 

That’s true as was proven last week against us. A lot of fans thought Thackeray was the difference but for me Patch Walker was the main man,his organisation was brilliant,if he’d have been playing for the Rams we’d have won that game hands down.

Don't forget Graham Patch was a Dewsbury player who was let go with Dom to Sheffield because Dewsbury didn't wish to renew their contracts same as Patch Batley recently, but Dom was contracted for another year, but as the saying goes you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Patch and Dom played together in same teams for approx 10 yrs. As it happens Thackeray and Patch have made up a similar combination which has obviously been appreciated by Mark Aston for Sheffield. 

3 hours ago, Anecdotal said:

it will be proved when they move on as the players who have gone are playing their best games 

moving players on cos coach doesn't  rate them  happens all the time and in most cases it comes back to bite them on the bum

here at FEV we had a beauty   bastian said liam finn not fast enough and wouldn't be first choice  under him

a player who scored over 1400 points for the club moved  on and played 140 games in super league after us  but not good enough for bastian 

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Far be it from me to contradict a member of the dogs faithful, but if I remember correctly it was actually a pretty good side  that just lacked direction on the field, and from the coaching staff.  Think you have KH's brother to thank for persuading him to take the reins, and Doncaster to thank for imploding, and having to release tiger from his contract, two brilliant bits of business that probably saved the club from going under. Incidentally, didn't the majority of the side from that year, including Mcgillivary , feature the following year in what was a decent season ? If I'm wrong on all counts, apologies, it's my age.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived