Newcastle thunder

unicorn106

A very tough game coming up on Sunday we will need to be at the top of our game to win this one. I they lost the first 2 games but they seem to have hit some form, Dennis Betts with them now and Corie Aston has signed on a months loan. If we keep the penalty count down and play to our strengths then we can win this. I hope we have shook last weeks lethargy off. UTT

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Need to be winning all ( or most) of our home games to still be up there at the end of the season. I think this could be our toughest home game all season. 

Whitehaven will be our toughest home game, just as we will be theirs. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Expecting a tough close encounter that may be lost or won with the penalty count.

Just hope it's a good day weather wise and we get a decent crowd down.

Listening to Radio Cumbria this morning it sounds like Barrow are having even worse luck than us regarding injuries and the one to Aspinall sounded particularly nasty and just goes to show how those lad's that take the field every week really put their bodies on the line.

Any sort of a win will do me , can`t afford to lose any home games if promotion is to be achieved , not enough fixtures to play catch up .Main thing after last week has got to be to play our sets out and get a good kick in , then take it from there .

2 hours ago, bomberisgod said:

Could also be a bad time as teams always perk up when a new coach arrives.

Yeah possibly,I just think Betts will improve them over the course of the season,especially if he has the finances to further strengthen the squad,should be a cracking game though.

Last week was too bad to be true, hopefully all switched on this week, a full squad and a good win. Looking at last week it maybe that our bigger challenges will be some of the so called lesser teams if we don’t get our mindset right. 

Im sure he will get a run out shortly we need squad players for back up but unfortunately some spit the dummy out when left out Kurt being an example. I know he's getting a game for haven at the moment but what happens when he doesn't ? It's tough for a coach to keep everyone happy but I bet it's a problem Leon would love to have right now I still can't understand why we let Newts go, but I suppose Leon had his reasons.

Archived