Newcastle thunder

unicorn106

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some are picking out a lot of negatives.... We would have took any win at all before KO, yes we were poor at times but the spirit and the fight to get back in it from 0-18 was immense, thought Hopkins and FFMM changed the game, Doran was great 2nd half! Newcastle will be up there, they have some quality...and at times they couldn't handle us in attack once we got momentum... Won't be many better than young n Aston in this league either...I do feel we need a Hooker and another back, injuries and we will struggle... Great win tho ? 

6 minutes ago, Limmertime said:

I think some are picking out a lot of negatives.... We would have took any win at all before KO, yes we were poor at times but the spirit and the fight to get back in it from 0-18 was immense, thought Hopkins and FFMM changed the game, Doran was great 2nd half! Newcastle will be up there, they have some quality...and at times they couldn't handle us in attack once we got momentum... Won't be many better than young n Aston in this league either...I do feel we need a Hooker and another back, injuries and we will struggle... Great win tho ? 

They won't lose many more under Betts

To be fair Donald has been a good forum member on our site,and like a lot of us we get our info from people who normally are in the know.It is easy to have a go at someone who doe's not follow our club, but I think he has been a good contributor on our site,of course it gives us all easy pickings when he makes a statement like Gordon might be leaving,but we do not know who fed him that info.I am a regular on the haven site and believe me I have had a load of bollockings for putting posts forward no matter what the content, but It doe's not put me off going over there and I think it will be the same with Donald,he will be back soon no doubt and he will take all the ###### that we throw at him.

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

Did Kurt get a game for haven today I wonder ?

Donald told me kurt isnt happy at haven and is looking to return after being left out today....

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Great win today against a side that will be gunning for the title at the end of the year. To come back from 18 down shows the quality we have in our side. We are still scratchy in patches but still getting the points in a difficult start to the season. When we start to click,  the set completion goes up and penalty count goes down then I think we give a few teams a hiding instead of constantly lettting them back into games. There is no reason why we can't win next week and hopefully get a money spinner at home in the next round to fund a player or two. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

38 minutes ago, Limmertime said:

18 0 down on comes hopkins and fui by the time fui had done his stint we're  26 18 up, that speaks volumes. Like someone said we have quite a few old heads but some of the stuff we do the kids at half time wouldn't do!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

7 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Donald told me kurt isnt happy at haven and is looking to return after being left out today....

I would take him back,the more we have in our squad the better.I know he left but what was the circumstances? doe's anybody know why,could fill in at centre/second row has we are saying we need to increase the playing staff......

3 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I would love to know what Carl Forbers kick ratio is , its got to be one off the best in any of the three leagues, he doesnt miss many.

He was excellent today, really took the line on and made some very important tackles, his defence is very strong for a half back. 

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

He was excellent today, really took the line on and made some very important tackles, his defence is very strong for a half back. 

I have carl down as our most improved player under LP. His kicking today was top drawer and won us the game.

4 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

I’m just pleased my motavtional skills were put to good use... hope Sam keeps reading them lol, thought he upped a gear or two this week and I couldn’t be happier for him, thought fui changed the game when he came on, we still seem to make hard work of games, and what happened to our goal line defence in the first half unusually poor, exciting David m is not the word I would use for it ?utt

? Had to smile, fair play to ya. 

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

One of there supporters was saying that Betts is giving a lot of there youngsters a go next week so will be a different team. Fitzy not playing either, lets see how true it is.

If it’s true they’ve a uni final Fitzy McAvoy and several others won’t be playing 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

7 hours ago, gillmeister said:

If it’s true they’ve a uni final Fitzy McAvoy and several others won’t be playing 

?but who is going to referee if McAvoy isnt playing?

11 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I would take him back,the more we have in our squad the better.I know he left but what was the circumstances? doe's anybody know why,could fill in at centre/second row has we are saying we need to increase the playing staff......

spat dummy. Leave him where he's at

11 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I don't know if this is true but the crack at work from some lads that know him was that he was chasing money, he was getting cheesed off about not being in the Town team and not getting any money so thought he had more chance playing for Haven. Like I say I've no idea how true that is though.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived