24 Mar: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/03/19 at 15:00

I have to go for a Salford win at home, but I will be very honest the last time I can ever remember going into a game against Wigan as favorites we had Andrew Dunemann playing in the halves, which gives an indication of how long ago that was.

That being the case I am very wary of predicting any resounding victories.

A win in golden point extra time would do for me.

Wigan are actually the favourites with the bookies and I think they'll get a win here. No doubt Salford have improved since last year and Wigan are going backwards but I still think Wigan should have the quality to win.

Salford are exciting to watch this season. Wigan are disjointed, especially in attack.

Home win, I think, unless whatever Lam's working towards starts to click.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan can win this. There is nothing wrong with the team that Lam can field - it is good enough to beat anyone on its day. I think the first win will be scruffy but once we remember how we will be fine. If not this, then next week, and if not then, then soon after that. If we get to field a back line of Hardaker - Manfredi - Sarg - Gildart - Burgess - Williams - Sammutt , then we should be able to score some points.

Think Salford will build on the good performances of late, and with Wigan's confidence being shot at the moment, I would expect nothing else but a Salford win.  Wigan will have to target Jackson Hastings.  If they fail to close him down, then Salford will win this by at least a couple of scores.

Wigan are due a win I think. They haven't been playing terribly from what I have seen. They wouldn't be too far off the pace if a handful of 50/50 moments had panned out differently (Dixon interception, Hardaker missed goal v Hull).

Salford are playing some great stuff and are well capable of winning, but I just fancy Wigan to finally snag a win.

Wigan by 4

Archived