The Brexit (political) Party thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farage always knew that he had to keep some people away from the party to appear credible, which is why he would appear with the AfD in Germany but keep similar UK groups at arms length.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Farage always knew that he had to keep some people away from the party to appear credible, which is why he would appear with the AfD in Germany but keep similar UK groups at arms length.  

So he'll appear with so right wing nasty who no one recognises?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

So he'll appear with so right wing nasty who no one recognises?

He will appear with them where the press isn't looking/bothered.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

10 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It writes itself.

So we didn't go on holiday to Benidorm before the EU came into existence then?

Whoever this James Felton is, clearly doesn't know the meaning of the term 'freedom of movement' in the EU sense.  He's clearly equating it to being unable to move, which shows him as being every so slightly thick.

9 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

You would have had your brexit on 29th March if your ERG chums hadn't repeatedly voted it down.

Er, by how many votes did the withdrawal agreement lose on the first two occasions?  I think you'll find that it was by a considerable amount more than there are ERG members and DUP members put together!

There are a number of restrictions within the withdrawal agreement - which is actually a treaty - and the worst of those is the customs union, sorry backstop.  No leaver who understands at any level how a customs union with the EU operates wants to be in any form of customs union with the EU because that is expressly NOT getting back control.  So any leaver who voted FOR the withdrawal agreement the third time of asking will have done so under personal conflict as they were torn between at the very least the backstop (plus other worries about it) and not getting Brexit at all (because they know what May is up to).

13 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Oh ckn.  When will you learn that your opinion of me - a person you have never met and whose judgment of me appears to rest entirely on whether or not I agree with you - is of no consequence to me.  I may not be to your taste and you may think Farage a racist - both views you are entirely at liberty to hold - but likewise I am entirely at liberty to disagree.  

I will remember though that apparently when we vote for a party we have to take 'the whole package' so that when you next express your wish to vote for a particular party I will be sure to point out its possible deficiencies and hold you personally responsible for the lot of 

The "racism" claims are just a continuation of the " Not all Brexiters are racist, but all racists are Brexiters etc. Of course these lost all meaning after the unearthing of comments by John Bercow. 

Regarding your second point, when I used the example that by the same argument people who voted for the Liberal party could be deemed responsible for the increase in tuition fees, then all hell broke loose.

If we were bothered about people not liking us then we would join the herd and just agree with everything. ?

I'm locking this.

Please discuss the Brexit Party in the existing Brexit thread.

I'm not going to attempt to moderate the same arguments boiling over in two places from now until Halloween.

And cut out the personal stuff, on all sides, or people will start getting banned from AOB altogether. Enough polite requests have been made already.

Thank you all for your consideration of the above.

Archived