The Brexit (political) Party thread

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Obvious and predictable line of questions on funding  but they can and do this with the taxpayers alliance and many other organisations , parties , think tanks  and groups etc so I don’t think he’ll be fussed 

As long as those stupid enough to vote for him are happy to recognise that they are supporting a party funded by hostile foreign powers acting against Britain's best interest.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

As long as those stupid enough to vote for him are happy to recognise that they are supporting a party funded by hostile foreign powers acting against Britain's best interest.

The thing is you get the feeling there’ll be plenty in the current climate . And one thing about him whatever you think is he’s great at all this and connects with lots of people . Most folk ignore EU elections but this time it’s gonna be big news you’d reckon 

9 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

And completely ignore his currency manipulations around the EU Referendum that really should have seen him barred from any political environment for life.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

He put his cash on to win most seats at 3-1 , and now it’s only 7-4 . I bet the EU are delighted at the prospect . Maybe it’s a cunning plan and they’ll call us up and say ‘ let’s talk again and get it sorted we don’t want them coming back ! ‘

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

He put his cash on to win most seats at 3-1 , and now it’s only 7-4 . I bet the EU are delighted at the prospect . Maybe it’s a cunning plan and they’ll call us up and say ‘ let’s talk again and get it sorted we don’t want them coming back ! ‘

You'll find they are pretty sanguine. These cretins turn up for five minutes each month, Nige does a couple of minutes ranting (looks good on Youtube to fellow cretins - see Baldrick), and then they all off again.

It a disgraceful use of taxpayers'money but fairly easy for the EU to ignore.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 hours ago, ckn said:

Why the hell would you vote for this vile little cretin?  You'd be as well repeatedly smacking yourself in the nuts with a cricket bat to get a real understanding for how much he cares about you and your like.

In fact, anyone who votes for him goes in my "oh for f***'s sake" category of folk who really should consider voting BNP and having done with it.  In fact, the BNP wouldn't be as crass as he is in his vile comments.

There is a massive difference between the 2 though, especially if you are a non white British national. 

The BNP has a Policy of Ethnic nationalism. 

13 minutes ago, Niels said:

There is a massive difference between the 2 though, especially if you are a non white British national. 

The BNP has a Policy of Ethnic nationalism. 

And so does Farage.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

18 minutes ago, Niels said:

There are examples to the contrary.

For instance he wants to encourage immigration from India. 

No, he doesn’t.

He does, however, want to defend the fiction of a unique Judeo-Christian culture under threat in the UK.

Because he’s an ethno-nationalist. Literally the definition of one.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I'm definitely going to consider voting for them, but I'm not sure what I'll eventually decide.

I want to register my anger and frustration at the way our MP's have behaved, but I really don't want to inflict a load of Brexit Party MEP's on the EU, just in case we do end up remaining.

If only our MP's had made some clear decisions regarding a plan for the future. If I knew that we would be having a second referendum, I wouldn't need to protest anything. I'd feel able to vote normally and send people that were pro-EU and who were wanting to act constructively, not destructively. It's so frustrating. Still, enjoy your 11 days off, MP's - it's not like we need you to be here sorting anything out!

This seems like a terribly confused position.

I also think your total blaming of MPs isn't rational. The problems we have come down to a poorly worded referendum question. The rest of the problems are of this government's making. 

What exactly do you do if like the vast majority of MPs you want to honour Brexit but not screw our country up? Do you vote for May's deal that even leavers accept is worse than remaining? Do you let us leave with a catastrophic no deal? 

What exactly would be 'good behaviour?'

16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

No, he doesn’t.

He does, however, want to defend the fiction of a unique Judeo-Christian culture under threat in the UK.

You are using a paradox there. He can't be both.☺

Ethno nationalism is a belief of one faith. Judeo-christianity is an amalgamation of two faiths.

10 minutes ago, Niels said:

You are using a paradox there. He can't be both.☺

Ethno nationalism is a belief of one faith. Judeo-christianity is an amalgamation of two faiths.

You’ll need to take that up with him.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

No, he doesn’t.

All the waffle aside, everything said in defence of Farage counts for nothing when there’s the absolute proof of that racist Brexit poster of his. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

41 minutes ago, ckn said:

All the waffle aside, everything said in defence of Farage counts for nothing when there’s the absolute proof of that racist Brexit poster of his. 

It was extremely inaccurate anyway. The EU certainly didn't want Turkey to join which actually is one of the reasons I am not enamoured with them as an organisation. 

I also got the impression from a lot of remainers that they might have voted differently had Turkey been about to join.

7 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I also think your total blaming of MPs isn't rational. The problems we have come down to a poorly worded referendum question. The rest of the problems are of this government's making.

Just to be clear, when I say MP's I'm including Theresa May and the government in that. They are all MP's. I wasn't specifically blaming MP's not in the government. Therefore, by your own description, I'm right to blame the MP's. The referendum question was approved by MP's, and the government is made up of MP's. Those are the two things that you have listed as being the reasons for the problems.

I'm obviously applying some collective responsibility rules here. I do understand that in reality Parliament is made up of individuals and isn't a single entity. I'm just using collective blame as a way of simplifying things. For example, the SNP voted against holding a referendum and against triggering Article 50, so I obviously don't blame them like I blame some of the others.

Think of it like when people say the RFL are useless or are to blame for something. The RFL isn't a single living entity - it's made up of lots of different people. So, actually, what someone means when they criticise the RFL, is that certain people at the RFL are useless. It would be ridiculous for them to think they know whether or not every staff member at the RFL is useless, but they still collectively blame the RFL for things. That's the context in which I'm blaming MP's. So, when I say I blame MP's for the mess we're in, it doesn't mean that I blame every single member of parliament equally. Just like when someone blames the RFL for something, they aren't suggesting that it's equally the fault of the RFL chairman, the RFL chairman's secretary, and the RFL office cleaner. It's just a quicker and simpler way of expressing things, rather than having to apportion blame to specific individuals.

Manifesto time

"Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”

Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”

Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”

The obsession with a plot. “The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia.”

The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”

Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”

Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”

Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”

Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”

Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

This story is, of course, entirely fictional and any resmblance to any poster or member or leader of any party, alive, dead or somewhere in between is completely coincidental and is only meant to be Polemically Amusing!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

15 hours ago, Just Browny said:

You'll find they are pretty sanguine. These cretins turn up for five minutes each month, Nige does a couple of minutes ranting (looks good on Youtube to fellow cretins - see Baldrick), and then they all off again.

It a disgraceful use of taxpayers'money but fairly easy for the EU to ignore.

Oh dear, another insult to add to the list. Can you not do better than lower yourself to personal insults? 

Well, this cretin here will be voting for the Brexit Party should a candidate stand in my constituency (not guaranteed by any stretch given how monochrome politics is here in Sintellins).  Farage is a publicity seeking windbag but he's a very good motivator and he is very, very useful as a protest vote and I will be protesting my vote this year, both at the local elections (I'm thinking of a creative way to spoil my ballot) and at the European elections should MPs wish to waste taxpayers money by getting involved in them.

7 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Well, this cretin here will be voting for the Brexit Party should a candidate stand in my constituency (not guaranteed by any stretch given how monochrome politics is here in Sintellins).  Farage is a publicity seeking windbag but he's a very good motivator and he is very, very useful as a protest vote and I will be protesting my vote this year, both at the local elections (I'm thinking of a creative way to spoil my ballot) and at the European elections should MPs wish to waste taxpayers money by getting involved in them.

The European elections are certainly a waste of taxpayers money - but remind me again how much the costs of them is dwarfed by the flawed Brexit process so far?

Spoiling ballot papers as a way of chucking the toys out of the pram, smacks of all the threats that came from Farage who said he would make sure that the Euro Council vote would be disrupted in such a way that we'd leave on 29 Mar with no deal - that went well didn't it, despite his bribing skills. He's a windbag I agree.

39 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

If you want to vote for a racist goon with fascist tendencies then, unfortunately, that reflects on you.  You can’t get away with “I’m voting for that party because I want Brexit”, you have to take the whole package of his racist intolerance.

I do actually think less of you for that post than almost anything else you’ve typed since you’ve been on here.

The only thing protest votes are good for is appeasing intolerance when you vote for a party that’s built around intolerance.  Any time you get someone like Farage clearly taking the lessons of the Jo Cox murder, point-blank ignoring them and then doubling down with Trumpian threats against anyone daring to speak against his narrow view is the time that good folk should abandon him entirely.  If you don’t, that marks you down as one of his people rather than in the “good people” category.

Why not engage with your politicians and see their views.  Then remember that you’re taking the black/white issue of Brexit, voting for 10% of your similarities with Farage (I hope) and against 90%+ of your similarities with Tory party candidates.  Look at the utter chaos of Parliament where both sides of the Commons have wrecked the country over the last couple of years chasing the narrow mindsets of a few extremists, and I don’t necessarily mean Brexit extremists.

10 minutes ago, ckn said:

If you want to vote for a racist goon with fascist tendencies then, unfortunately, that reflects on you.  You can’t get away with “I’m voting for that party because I want Brexit”, you have to take the whole package of his racist intolerance.

I do actually think less of you for that post than almost anything else you’ve typed since you’ve been on here.

The only thing protest votes are good for is appeasing intolerance when you vote for a party that’s built around intolerance.  Any time you get someone like Farage clearly taking the lessons of the Jo Cox murder, point-blank ignoring them and then doubling down with Trumpian threats against anyone daring to speak against his narrow view is the time that good folk should abandon him entirely.  If you don’t, that marks you down as one of his people rather than in the “good people” category.

Why not engage with your politicians and see their views.  Then remember that you’re taking the black/white issue of Brexit, voting for 10% of your similarities with Farage (I hope) and against 90%+ of your similarities with Tory party candidates.  Look at the utter chaos of Parliament where both sides of the Commons have wrecked the country over the last couple of years chasing the narrow mindsets of a few extremists, and I don’t necessarily mean Brexit extremists.

Farage is standing in the Northwest constituency.

Just so you know that anyone on that side of the Pennines who goes for the Brexit Party is actually voting for the Hitler Youth song singer.

As a protest.

21 minutes ago, ckn said:

Oh ckn.  When will you learn that your opinion of me - a person you have never met and whose judgment of me appears to rest entirely on whether or not I agree with you - is of no consequence to me.  I may not be to your taste and you may think Farage a racist - both views you are entirely at liberty to hold - but likewise I am entirely at liberty to disagree.  

I will remember though that apparently when we vote for a party we have to take 'the whole package' so that when you next express your wish to vote for a particular party I will be sure to point out its possible deficiencies and hold you personally responsible for the lot of them!  

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Farage is standing in the Northwest constituency.

Just so you know that anyone on that side of the Pennines who goes for the Brexit Party is actually voting for the Hitler Youth song singer.

As a protest.

Well there you go.  We're a bunch of racists on this side of the Pennines.  Always have been, always will be.  We will in fact go to our graves as rabid racists singing the Hitler Youth song (whatever that is).

1 hour ago, shaun mc said:

The European elections are certainly a waste of taxpayers money - but remind me again how much the costs of them is dwarfed by the flawed Brexit process so far?

Spoiling ballot papers as a way of chucking the toys out of the pram, smacks of all the threats that came from Farage who said he would make sure that the Euro Council vote would be disrupted in such a way that we'd leave on 29 Mar with no deal - that went well didn't it, despite his bribing skills. He's a windbag I agree.

Go have a chat with the rabid remainers (and I include May in that grouping).  There you will find the answers to your question.

As for spoiling a ballot: that has been a noble tradition of protesters for as long as there has been a ballot.  I am presently considering what would be the best message to leave and what the best way to leave it will be.  I've never done it before so it's a bit of an adventure. ? 

Archived