The Brexit (political) Party thread

7 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Well there you go.  We're a bunch of racists on this side of the Pennines.  Always have been, always will be.  We will in fact go to our graves as rabid racists singing the Hitler Youth song (whatever that is).

Only the ones who vote for Farage.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Farage is standing in the Northwest constituency.

Just so you know that anyone on that side of the Pennines who goes for the Brexit Party is actually voting for the Hitler Youth song singer.

As a protest.

Oh you do make me laugh! What are people on the right side of the Pennines who vote for the Brexit Party, the Herman Goering cheerleaders?

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

Oh you do make me laugh! What are people on the right side of the Pennines who vote for the Brexit Party, the Herman Goering cheerleaders?

Depends on the candidates, doesn’t it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Good job I won't be voting for Farage then isn't it?  I'd hate to attract your disapproval gingerjon.  You know how much I adore you.

He’s standing in the North West. I assume that’s your constituency. Vote Brexit Party and you’re voting for him.

That’s sort of how it works.

13 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Oh ckn.  When will you learn that your opinion of me - a person you have never met and whose judgment of me appears to rest entirely on whether or not I agree with you - is of no consequence to me.  I may not be to your taste and you may think Farage a racist - both views you are entirely at liberty to hold - but likewise I am entirely at liberty to disagree.  

I will remember though that apparently when we vote for a party we have to take 'the whole package' so that when you next express your wish to vote for a particular party I will be sure to point out its possible deficiencies and hold you personally responsible for the lot of them!  

That's disappointing as your views were of consequence to me; only by engaging with our polar opposites do we find consensus and move away from the extremists.  Why do you think I bother taking time to reply to so many of your posts? 

By siding with the extremists like Farage, you'd probably be better voting BNP or the new Kipper leadership as at least they're honest with their opinion and ambitions.  By siding with Farage, you move into the territory of irredeemable that I tend to keep for the truly broken extremists.  All he cares about is power for himself, if that means getting into bed with the vile racists who have been looking for a home since the end of the mainstream BNP then that's what he's doing.

I'll leave you to your postings in future and I'll lump you in with those I don't reply to any longer.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

He’s standing in the North West. I assume that’s your constituency. Vote Brexit Party and you’re voting for him.

That’s sort of how it works.

It seems some people think voting Brexit Party will get them "Brexit" of an extreme nature. Now, what's their view on the wider nature of such things as "immigration".  Do they think the Tory "hostile environment" is not extreme enough as it's still letting in over 200k non-EU folk a year?  What about us giving homes to refugees?  That sort of thing...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

I will make sure I will check out each one for their Nazi Party allegiances before voting then. 

It's never a bad idea to actually know something about who you're voting for.

40 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m intrigued by what “ crack down hard on disrupters in industry “ means ?

It was the unions at that time

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

On this issue in this particular election it is the issue more than the candidate that's the decider for me. 

Same here.

UKIP has gone racist under it's current leadership so they are a no-no otherwise I would have voted for them.  So Brexit Party it is for me, in the Euros I mean.  I'm not voting for anyone in the locals, for the first time in my adult life. 

2 hours ago, ckn said:

As an aside, is there much difference between Farage's fluff-fest party and this?

National Front manifesto.jpg

It's not included 'British jobs for British workers'.  Wasn't that Gordon Brown's line at one time?  Was he being racist?  Just wondering.

Anyway, just two of those statements strike me as racist: the immigration/repatriation one (which I think is appalling) and the housing British people before immigrants.  But then I never voted BNP and never would.  

2 hours ago, ckn said:

It seems some people think voting Brexit Party will get them "Brexit" of an extreme nature. 

Just Brexit would do, actually, since we haven't had that yet even though the appeasing liar May promised it would be 29 March heaven knows how many times in Parliament.

2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

It's not included 'British jobs for British workers'.  Wasn't that Gordon Brown's line at one time?  Was he being racist?  Just wondering.

Yes.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

Just Brexit would do, actually, since we haven't had that yet even though the appeasing liar May promised it would be 29 March heaven knows how many times in Parliament.

You would have had your brexit on 29th March if your ERG chums hadn't repeatedly voted it down.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

14 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Same here.

UKIP has gone racist under it's current leadership so they are a no-no otherwise I would have voted for them.  So Brexit Party it is for me, in the Euros I mean.  I'm not voting for anyone in the locals, for the first time in my adult life. 

Still a Tory party member?

3 hours ago, Saintslass said:

When will you learn that your opinion of me - a person you have never met and whose judgment of me appears to rest entirely on whether or not I agree with you - is of no consequence to me.  I may not be to your taste and you may think Farage a racist - both views you are entirely at liberty to hold - but likewise I am entirely at liberty to disagree

Kettle, black, pot!

3 hours ago, Saintslass said:

We're a bunch of racists on this side of the Pennines.  Always have been, always will be.  We will in fact go to our graves as rabid racists singing the Hitler Youth song (whatever that is). Tomorrow Belongs to You, ........as you are perfectly aware!

Which side of the Pennines would that be?

And why do you pressume to group everyone together?

" .....you may think Farage a racist ..."   "I am entirely at liberty to disagree"  so evidence, not withstanding are you now going to argue black is white?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Kettle, black, pot!

Which side of the Pennines would that be?

And why do you pressume to group everyone together?

" .....you may think Farage a racist ..."   "I am entirely at liberty to disagree"  so evidence, not withstanding are you now going to argue black is white?

A bit of selective quoting there me thinks!

4 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

A bit of selective quoting there me thinks

D'ya think?

1 minute ago, wilsontown said:

Indeed. Brown was heavily criticised at the time for those remarks, and rightly so.

Correct.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived