Trin acquire Belle Vue freehold!

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

On Sky, Carter said it would probably be a piecemeal development, as and when funds were available.

But with modern modular stadium construction techniques, the final result could still look like a coherent single design.

Yes, I’ve worked on a few.  2 here and 1 in Qatar.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went to look at a scaffold job round the corner last summer? agbrigg? adbridge? adbrigg? or somewhere - there was a semi dressed gentleman who looked of foreign extraction just swanning down the main street with a machete in one hand and a can of beer in the other, and the pub across the rd that used to have the sunday strippers on before games now looks like a shop, traffic congestion heading back out was shocking,  not the area I remember on frequent coach visits in the 80s (am sure the gentleman in question was just popping round to his mates to help with the tomato plants)

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

23 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

It's not a race but if it were, cas are still in front by a short head. They already own their ground albeit they also have loans secured against it.

Cas are also fortunate in that they don't have to rely on sharks like yorkcourt. They are working with a developer who seems to have far more honesty. They are still on course to be given a brand new stadium as far as I am aware.

I've often wondered why Cas have never simply developed their training area as the new ground and then the present ground as either a training area or car park.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Whta money have the Council put in exactly, go on stun us with your knowledge (can't wait)

An open question.  Just how much have other councils put into other clubs. How legitimate is it for councils to spend their money in this way.   

I subsequently read on this particular subject that Wakefield Council have given a £3.5 million loan to Trinity to buy the land.  I would have thought this ought to be a talking point - eg what interest payments and over how long?  £3.5m as  is a starter for 10.  10 more million would I would have thought.    Lets bear in mind as a comparison, Widnes are currently hundreds of thousands of pounds in debt to their local council... and they do not even own the stadium.

So I do wonder just how easy it is for a council to find a minimum £3.5 mil from under the sofa to shell out to an otherwise destitute football team.

In all of this I wish Trinity well, good luck with a benefactor.  In this case and others however I do wonder were all the money has come from.  I am for instance sure there is a story to be told about the building of Oxford Uniteds ground.  I suspect there are others.

6 hours ago, M j M said:

If they can sort the financing for a redevelopment this has the potential to fundamentally change the economics of Wakefield Trinity. Unlike Wheldon Road, Belle Vue isn't an oldfashioned kinda charming, it's ugly and decrepit so improvement work is essential.

What they don't have, unfortunately for them, is the sort of long term security in the top flight that the league's stadium-owning big boys (Saints, Leeds, Warrington) have which gives them the confidence to make the long term investments which in turn guarantees the financial futures of those clubs.

That makes borrowing money more difficult so Wakey would benefit from the council guaranteeing the financing if possible, potentially similar to the arrangements at Leeds where Yorkshire couldn't get commercial lending without support.

Fair points.  Long term security means franchising?

55 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Fair points.  Long term security means franchising?

Yes that was one of the ideas behind franchising. It gave clubs long term security to invest in their team and their infrastructure without worrying they would be relegated and go bust. I don't agree with it but the logic made sense, especially when points in the franchise process related to quality of the ground. 

2 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Great news and Can do one side/Stand at a time. Hopefully any development keeps the Character of Belle Vue whilst being modern. A big 10k stand with exec Boxes is not needed and would spoil Belle Vue for me.

I don't think anything could 'spoil' Belle Vue as it stands

On 3/21/2019 at 5:18 PM, Rob said:

Things have obviously moved on  a lot since the last time Wakey revealed pictures of a new ground.

They always used to have strangely triangular people walking along a tree lined avenue outside the ground.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

1 hour ago, Steve May said:

Things have obviously moved on  a lot since the last time Wakey revealed pictures of a new ground.

They always used to have strangely triangular people walking along a tree lined avenue outside the ground.

Not matchstick men?

Actually he did do one, that is Lowry did, painted a picture of a football ground. "Going to the Match."  I what it was from.

3 hours ago, M j M said:

Yes that was one of the ideas behind franchising. It gave clubs long term security to invest in their team and their infrastructure without worrying they would be relegated and go bust. I don't agree with it but the logic made sense, especially when points in the franchise process related to quality of the ground. 

Yes a big part of Licencing ( and framing the future previously ) was stadium infrastructure , the much of it was ignored , so either do it or don't , but don't just wait till you get who you want 

As I put earlier , to me Wakey could' be very clever here if they want to be , look at what's happening at the football grounds that are still looking at being developed , plenty of them have a single fairly modern cantilever stand that could provide the base for a main stand and a corporate function room on the back of it along with offices and retail , that would open up the block of flats for demolition to be replaced by a cheapish away end , leaving the current end and side as the ' home ' terraces ( with the potential to develop in the future 

The main point of this type of approach is it would be cheap and still under Wakeys control , therefore being income generating 

19 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Found another picture of the proposed redevelopment that shows buildings on what is now the car park. Interesting it doesn’t show the house next to the stadium, I can’t imagine that is part of the freehold

AA5B9A2E-A965-4547-A86F-D9EF19C07037.png

1DF4B872-97F3-4792-9B57-1866A88B4640.jpeg

I wouldn't pay heed to those images, they were commissioned by the previous  landowner. Those house and the small business unit next to them form no part of the title.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:43 PM, Lowdesert said:

Never mind the car park, where’s the Mosque?

You do realise that MI5 now have you on a monitoring list?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 3/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, Kirmonds pouch said:

Yup, building sites which is what BV effectively is are very deceiving - visit any site when its just foundations and you'll see what I mean. It is cramped but not so much so that a good architect couldn't make work.

Would be no problem, look how the Rhinos got the Carnegie stand built.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 3/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Obviously not paying rent on the ground is good, but they will be making loan repayments instead for x years. 

If they have had to take a loan from the council to purchase the lease on the ground, how do they plan to fund any development work, which is badly needed and long overdue? 

And so are Leeds and St.Helens amongst others, Warrington had a multi million £ debt when they moved into the Halliwell Jones, investing in the future of the club and ensuring they have a place they can call their own and develop ALWAYS costs money and loans are a given, even for the biggest club/s in the league. In fact Warrington had a long outstanding £200k loan from the LA that due to Warrington not making any profit and were in the quag at Wilderspool financially, hadn't been paid back at all, not a penny. Then the first time Warrington made a profit at the HJ there were calls for the loan to be repaid before the Warrington money men were taking their cut.

Think you're being a bit over the top in your comment and also guessing at where the money has come from, ATEOTD, it matters not so much as to whom the loan is from* but to make sure they are repaying it back at the agreed rate and timescale, that applies to all organisations, sporting or otherwise.

*But given the way Wakefield council screwed over Trinity massively they should be giving them money/interest free loan anyhow as it's cost Trinity more in the long run due to certain parties within the council and their deliberate scuppering and underhanded tactics bordering on unlawful actions to remove the deal that was originally in place.

I hope trin make a go of it, are successful and can stick two fingers up to the dirty grub who tried to tried to blackball them, but then his type are untouchable the way things are in government at all levels.

17 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I hope trin make a go of it, are successful and can stick two fingers up to the dirty grub who tried to tried to blackball them, but then his type are untouchable the way things are in government at all levels.

Good post above.

But not one dirty grub in this sorry saga , at the very least 3 !!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Good post above.

But not one dirty grub in this sorry saga , at the very least 3 !!!!!!

Wasn't sure how many but one name kept cropping up from what I was reading about the shenanigans re your club and getting the land/stadium etc. It seemed pretty clear that he (and others) had their fingers on a brown envelope or two so that a certain company didn't have to pay up according to law for the land they had being given in the first instance. I bet it was all swept under the carpet and no proper investigation into how the deal was brokered in such a disgraceful way!

We'll hopefully find out in a matter of months the potential funding streams. Seems like there is a plan but that's all it is at the moment.  Talks of upping the capacity to 15k, but again that will very much depend on said funding streams. The chairman is expecting an 8 figure sum for the build. Potential for some commercial development on the footprint.

Archived