Trin acquire Belle Vue freehold!

13 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Can Wakefield council now lend Castleford some money now??   It only seems fair...

It would be nice to lend me some money for a new extension. I'd  buy a trinity shirt if it helps.

And Featherstone comes under the Wakefield Council as well.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Can Wakefield council now lend Castleford some money now??   It only seems fair...

It would be nice to lend me some money for a new extension. I'd  buy a trinity shirt if it helps.

They're getting a stadium for free, they don't need it. Featherstone still own there own ground. Regardless I suppose they could always ask? 

I'm not sure the council are supposed to be "giving" Trinity. They're loaning them money and will make a profit from what Trinity repay them. It's an investment. The loan is secured against the ground and if Trinity failed to make payments then the council take the ground.

Any club can take a loan from any number of sources if they can afford the repayments and have the assets to secure it against. I just bought a car on finance but I'm not going to write a letter to the finance company thanking them for giving me a free car.

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

I'm not sure the council are supposed to be "giving" Trinity. They're loaning them money and will make a profit from what Trinity repay them. It's an investment. The loan is secured against the ground and if Trinity failed to make payments then the council take the ground.

Any club can take a loan from any number of sources if they can afford the repayments and have the assets to secure it against. I just bought a car on finance but I'm not going to write a letter to the finance company thanking them for giving me a free car.

Well all this may be true.  And the loan may be good terms and of course there is no bank to forclose if the payments are not affordable. 

And the council could themselves have borrowed the money...  But if (If...) Trinity get relegated, can they keep up the payments?  The council still have to repay what ever outgoings they have outstanding.

But my simple issue was just wondering, are the Wakefield council go to help Castleford (and/or Featherstone) with rebuilding their grounds?

BTW I do not want either Wakey or Cas to be relegated. 

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well all this may be true.  And the loan may be good terms and of course there is no bank to forclose if the payments are not affordable. 

And the council could themselves have borrowed the money...  But if (If...) Trinity get relegated, can they keep up the payments?  The council still have to repay what ever outgoings they have outstanding.

But my simple issue was just wondering, are the Wakefield council go to help Castleford (and/or Featherstone) with rebuilding their grounds?

The council have the land as an asset so they can just sell the land and repay the loan that way if worst comes to the worst.

6 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I'm sure Castleford can get a loan all they have to do is pay it back as Wakefield Trinity will be doing.

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Didn’t WMDC buy post office road and sell it back to fev on favourable terms?

I believe they did buy it, but I don't know if the terms were favourable when Featherstone bought it back. The ground is now a credit to them, and the improvements made were mostly done by volunteers without, as far as I know, any Council handouts. The problem with Belle Vue and Wheldon Road is the grounds have been neglected by the Clubs as they have been living in hope of getting a new ground for years. 

On 3/28/2019 at 4:09 PM, Rupert Prince said:

If WMDC had acted correctly with regard to the proposed development at Newmarket then Trinity wouldn’t be in this predicament. It’s only a couple of years since Peter Box stated it was nothing to do with the council, what’s changed, I would suggest the threat of legal action?

FWIW I don’t believe any of this would have happened with regard to Belle Vue if Castleford’s new ground looked like it wasn’t going to happen. 

2 hours ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

If WMDC had acted correctly with regard to the proposed development at Newmarket then Trinity wouldn’t be in this predicament. It’s only a couple of years since Peter Box stated it was nothing to do with the council, what’s changed, I would suggest the threat of legal action?

FWIW I don’t believe any of this would have happened with regard to Belle Vue if Castleford’s new ground looked like it wasn’t going to happen. 

I do think this is a better outcome than playing in a rented stadium. The income streams and potential that come with owning your own ground cannot be underestimated.

Archived