Fev

Blind side johnny

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well done to your boys today.

just shows what can be done with a good coach who knows how to organise and motivate a team and players who want to play for him.....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

7 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

Well done Rams. What a fantastic performance. Made Fev look really ordinary.

Thanks Phil. They surprised us as well, epecially the ones like me who didn't go expecting to get nothing out of the match.

Funny old game isn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks Phil. They surprised us as well, epecially the ones like me who didn't go expecting to get nothing out of the match.

Funny old game isn't it?

Just never saw that coming. I'm too shell shocked to comment, but great to see the fev posters being so magnanimous in defeat. Respect to you guys. Well done to the lads, hope that's just a starter for ten.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Woo hoo! Praise the Lord and pass the smelling salts....but it always seems to happen when I deliberately miss the game - and also nice to see Rovers fans can accept defeat gracefully. It sounds like us playing well rather than Rovers being off, but I am sure a full and unbiased assessment will follow.....

28 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Funny old game isn't it?

Good side Dewsbury and with a bit of luck could have been up with the leaders.

25 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Woo hoo! Praise the Lord and pass the smelling salts....but it always seems to happen when I deliberately miss the game - and also nice to see Rovers fans can accept defeat gracefully. It sounds like us playing well rather than Rovers being off, but I am sure a full and unbiased assessment will follow.....

We were poor but honestly can't take nothing away from Dewsbury. 

Luck was on our side for a change today. Morton's second try was off a forward pass, Samy Kibula could easily have got a yellow for his high tackle in the first half, a few bounces of the ball went our way and Fev only stepping up their game in a few spells in the match. But after some bad luck in a few games, we were due some luck.

6 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Luck was on our side for a change today. Morton's second try was off a forward pass, Samy Kibula could easily have got a yellow for his high tackle in the first half, a few bounces of the ball went our way and Fev only stepping up their game in a few spells in the match. But after some bad luck in a few games, we were due some luck.

We were def due some luck..  Really pleased for the lads.  They've been so close in last two games they deserved any good fortune going.

Onwards and upwards..I hope.....

On 3/23/2019 at 2:31 PM, EQUALIZER said:

Despite the doom and gloom brigade think we will push them close 

Well done Equalizer for remaining upbeat. 

I am very pleased to say I enjoyed seeing my forecast rubbished today. I’d like to think the lads responded to my post!

That was a most entertaining match, even if the referee made a few errors. I couldn’t pick a man of the match as we had a team playing out there today and it was a team dominant at the end. We forgot to give in after 70 minutes and continued playing. 

First half tries were great, with Sykes’ astute last tackle kick across the posts for Finn to latch onto and score, with Morton grabbing two more, one from a great break by Ward and continued by Hooley. 

Those in the second half were more mundane, but nonetheless good for me as we dominated much of the game. 

Rumour had it that a fire alarm was heard and was thought to be the reason hordes of Fev fans were seen leaving the ground early  

Not sure what really caused the fracas at the end when Hooley collected a kick; too many people crowded around in the incident for me to tell, but no penalty awarded  

Ah, I feel more at ease now and I might be able to sleep tonight. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

40 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Well done Equalizer for remaining upbeat. 

I am very pleased to say I enjoyed seeing my forecast rubbished today. I’d like to think the lads responded to my post!

That was a most entertaining match, even if the referee made a few errors. I couldn’t pick a man of the match as we had a team playing out there today and it was a team dominant at the end. We forgot to give in after 70 minutes and continued playing. 

First half tries were great, with Sykes’ astute last tackle kick across the posts for Finn to latch onto and score, with Morton grabbing two more, one from a great break by Ward and continued by Hooley. 

Those in the second half were more mundane, but nonetheless good for me as we dominated much of the game. 

Rumour had it that a fire alarm was heard and was thought to be the reason hordes of Fev fans were seen leaving the ground early  

Not sure what really caused the fracas at the end when Hooley collected a kick; too many people crowded around in the incident for me to tell, but no penalty awarded  

Ah, I feel more at ease now and I might be able to sleep tonight. 

+1

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived