Nigeria Rugby League on Sky Sports

All sounds very positive. Nigeria very much on the rise. As he said, a lot of players around with Nigerian heritage. On paper they would actually be able to put out an half decent team. Problem seems to be with all these smaller nations is lack of games and lack of time training together. It's no good just coming together for a couple of weeks before a game after not being together for a year or whatever. If the people involved in Nigeria can get the players together regularly so they can really bond and get working together and get some half decent coaches in then they can really develop. Doesn't matter particularly what teams they are playing at this point really as long as they are playing. As I say, all sounds very positive! 

Also is he wearing a Nigeria shirt? Cos if it is it looks cool and I want one! 

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

All sounds very positive. Nigeria very much on the rise. As he said, a lot of players around with Nigerian heritage. On paper they would actually be able to put out an half decent team. Problem seems to be with all these smaller nations is lack of games and lack of time training together. It's no good just coming together for a couple of weeks before a game after not being together for a year or whatever. If the people involved in Nigeria can get the players together regularly so they can really bond and get working together and get some half decent coaches in then they can really develop. Doesn't matter particularly what teams they are playing at this point really as long as they are playing. As I say, all sounds very positive! 

I think that is their shirt yeah. Looks awesome.

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

That's the Nigeria shirt not officially released but Mascord Brownz will have a limited number of pre-release stock.

https://mascordbrownz.com/product-category/nigeria/

5 hours ago, Damien said:

A nice bit of publicity on Sky. I must say all of the news coming out of Nigeria is great.

I agree. I just got an email from a Nigeria lawyer telling me that my great uncle passed away and left me 10 million dollars. 

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its aimed at the generation of younger Nigerians.  

Casual sports wear is a big thing in Nigeria after the World Cup (soccer). Those pesky Millennial's, they get everywhere these days.

There are far too many millennials for my liking Tex, pesky or otherwise.

rldfsignature.jpg

We need to get an 8-10 club senior competition going in Nigeria, with each of these clubs having a junior and schools structure to build future player development on. If that can happen then the RLIF needs to send program officers to Nigeria to help with footballs and coaching.

The NRL clubs can be lobbied by the RLIF to donate old jerseys, shorts, socks and boots.

2 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

We need to get an 8-10 club senior competition going in Nigeria, with each of these clubs having a junior and schools structure to build future player development on. If that can happen then the RLIF needs to send program officers to Nigeria to help with footballs and coaching.

The NRL clubs can be lobbied by the RLIF to donate old jerseys, shorts, socks and boots.

We? Nigeria will do what Nigeria do.

rldfsignature.jpg

5 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Pretty sure they are going for a 8-10 tournament split into two conferences.  That will be back up by schools and university leagues.

They have done well with Michael Carters Wakefield and co.  

You have people in local amateur clubs donating older kit.

Wakefield and GDZ sport providing playing kit for one of the senior teams Eko Trinity.

They have beastwear in australia lending them support as well.

Ade obviously has a way to getting to people's better side and getting help.

Regards training, wait for this bit and prepare yourself for the shock.

The RFL have been really helpful been doing courses over the internet.

Archived