21 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

1 win in 8, can’t keep hold of a winning position

Next 5 games:

Cas (H)

Hull KR (A)

Huddersfield (H)

Wakefield (A)

Hull KR (H)

It's not looking great to be honest. However Catalans were in the similar position last year.

Things will improve slowly. Definitely need to sign players (especially in the forwards).

Just got to be positive!!

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Sack whoever is in charge of recruitment for a start. Briscoe, Myler, Peteru, Mullally, Galloway and Ormondroyd to name a few just are/were never good enough for Leeds and there’s questions over the likes of Lolohea and Merrin, whether they’re going to be good enough either. 

Briscoe was an England international at the time IIRC. He's been terrible since going to Leeds though. Looks like an average Joe at best.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Briscoe was an England international at the time IIRC. He's been terrible since going to Leeds though. Looks like an average Joe at best.

I assumed he was talking about Luke. Tom has never gone on to fulfill his potential, but he has still had some good times at Leeds. Would be harsh to lump him in with some of those other names.

Might be wrong though.

Tom Briscoe has been just fine. Although we'd have hoped he would have gone on to be a superstar, he was certainly better than BJB who he replaced in the team and has been a reliable member of a team of otherwise mostly headless chickens for the past two years. People saying otherwise don't watch Leeds enough or are just trolls.

19 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Sack whoever is in charge of recruitment for a start. Briscoe, Myler, Peteru, Mullally, Galloway and Ormondroyd to name a few just are/were never good enough for Leeds and there’s questions over the likes of Lolohea and Merrin, whether they’re going to be good enough either. 

IMO halfbacks are the main issue, I think Myler would play better alongside McGuire or a proper stand off, not a Moon (centre) or Lolohea (centre). I think Leeds should have kept McGuire and gone all out to sign Widdop for next season.

Briscoes has his moments at Leeds but I don’t think he’s ever reached his full potential

The club hasn’t had a contingency plan for post golden generation and haven’t learnt lessons from 2016. 

It's not the forwards or the three quarters that are the problem for Leeds.  They showed today that they have points in them through the backline and Hurrell/Watkins are very good centres while the wingers are ok.

The forwards are not totally firing but again they are not terrible.  They have reasonable go forward and in Oledzki they have a good young prop and in Holroyd they have the next great British prop.

Their problem is game management.  They simply don't have the spine to win close games and get the team home.  Both Dwyer and Parcell are running threats but neither are scheming while the half backs (both the one's on show today and Lolohea) do not boss games.

A decent half back (never mind two) would have got Leeds home today.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

25 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Down unfortunately.

I hope not. I'm no Leeds fan but Super League needs all the big clubs it can get and I don't think it would be good for the game. Also I'd imagine it would be pretty disastrous for Leeds given their stadium redevelopment and associated repayments.

2 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

1 win in 8, can’t keep hold of a winning position

Next 5 games:

Cas (H)

Hull KR (A)

Huddersfield (H)

Wakefield (A)

Hull KR (H)

I'm predicting that Leeds will win at least three of these games.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Which three?

Huddersfield and the two against Rovers.

46 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Huddersfield and the two against Rovers.

mmmm Huddersfield may just be too physically strong for a physically light weight team. Hull KR a toss up.

Those next 5 games take Leeds almost to the half way point through the season.  They may need to do better than win those x3.

Over the rest of the season me thinks the so called weaker clubs will pick up a number wins as they have to-date.  Maybe 4 or 5 more at worst. Thats 14 to 16 points given the 6 they have already (ignoring Hudds & Wigan.)  Thus the minimum for Leeds to hit or hope that Hudds and Wigan fail as poorly as themselves.  Can't see Leeds taking many points off the top teams and they play some x3 times.  

For me thats how perilous a position Leeds have got themselves into.

I just don't see Wigan not winning more games than Leeds - then again it may come down to Wigan or Leeds.   

Archived