Where do Leeds go now?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds arent going down

Second half of the season will sort the top eight

Bottom 4 will be KR Broncos Wigan and Hull FC (if they dont find some consistency)

Wigan are in real trouble whereas Leeds stats show a team that scores and is top of most of the stats tables but the defence is still shipping in points - Ferres for a start off needs to wise up - discipline is poor but getting better - they honestly arent that far away - time or youth to have its say there

Favourites for relegation for me are KR at the moment, players dropping like flies and didn’t try against the Giants as you can tell from the highlights very disrupted and wont get better before its too late

London have a few more wins in them then out of steam but just enough to beat the teams below them and stay up 

Wigan need Wane back, now, otherwise they could well be in the bottom 4 all season - no shape, falling out on the field, Williams as committed as Kyle Eastmond was on the eve of his move to union - lockers cant do it all

Hull FC will soon run out of the extra juice Gaz Ellis haas put in the tank, and not sure they have the strike to improve that the likes of Giants or Wakey have sat on the sidelines

Interesting season ahead

10 hours ago, M j M said:

Tom Briscoe has been just fine. Although we'd have hoped he would have gone on to be a superstar, he was certainly better than BJB who he replaced in the team and has been a reliable member of a team of otherwise mostly headless chickens for the past two years. People saying otherwise don't watch Leeds enough or are just trolls.

If you watch RL on Sky regularly how can you avoid watching Leeds, they will be well into double figures each season, and that is also relevant to seasons when they have been successful or just plain average. 

PS if I was a Wakefield fan I wouldn't swop BJB for Tom Briscoe even though you say he is the better player.

8 hours ago, Kris said:

Leeds arent going down

Bottom 4 will be KR Broncos Wigan and Hull FC (if they dont find some consistency)

Wigan are in real trouble whereas Leeds stats show a team that scores and is top of most of the stats tables but the defence is still shipping in points - Ferres for a start off needs to wise up - discipline is poor but getting better - they honestly arent that far away - time or youth to have its say there

Favourites for relegation for me are KR at the moment, players dropping like flies and didn’t try against the Giants as you can tell from the highlights very disrupted and wont get better before its too late

London have a few more wins in them then out of steam but just enough to beat the teams below them and stay up 

Wigan need Wane back, now, otherwise they could well be in the bottom 4 all season - no shape, falling out on the field, Williams as committed as Kyle Eastmond was on the eve of his move to union - lockers cant do it all

Hull FC will soon run out of the extra juice Gaz Ellis haas put in the tank, and not sure they have the strike to improve that the likes of Giants or Wakey have sat on the sidelines

Interesting season ahead

Bet you a pint Kris - should we ever meet - that Wigan finish higher than Leeds this term, on a wishful note with me not being an admirer of Leeds and a Leigh lad (we don't mix with our neighbour's) 11th and 12th positions will do me just fine, it will make for some very interesting viewing on the box should that happen.

All of this is irrelevant anyways.

We all know that the RFL, SL and the clubs will hold an emergency meeting (because you know, they would never relegate Leeds or Wigan), decide that they're going to expand to 14 find next year and promote Toronto and Toulouse, allowing for the 2 new North American teams to skip the full time drubbings of part time League 1 teams.

Actually, that makes too much sense.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

10 hours ago, Kris said:

Leeds arent going down

Interesting season ahead

I would say Leeds probably won't finish bottom. But to say they finish no worse than 8th and finish above Wigan and Hull is a bold call based on absolutely nothing.

When they were at the KCOM a few weeks ago I was embarrassed for them. I'm not just saying that, they were an utter shambles. I looked across to the Leeds fans that had traveled and actually felt bad for them. I didn't ever think I would be saying that about Leeds.

I think they have enough quality to dig their way out of trouble, but make no mistake they are in a fight.

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

I would say Leeds probably won't finish bottom. But to say they finish no worse than 8th and finish above Wigan and Hull is a bold call based on absolutely nothing.

When they were at the KCOM a few weeks ago I was embarrassed for them. I'm not just saying that, they were an utter shambles. I looked across to the Leeds fans that had traveled and actually felt bad for them. I didn't ever think I would be saying that about Leeds.

I think they have enough quality to dig their way out of trouble, but make no mistake they are in a fight.

I didn't.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

All of this is irrelevant anyways.

We all know that the RFL, SL and the clubs will hold an emergency meeting (because you know, they would never relegate Leeds or Wigan), decide that they're going to expand to 14 find next year and promote Toronto and Toulouse, allowing for the 2 new North American teams to skip the full time drubbings of part time League 1 teams.

Actually, that makes too much sense.

That would be a very rugby league thing to do and look very amateurish, just making it up as they go along. All the clubs knew they could be relegated when they votes it in.

I don’t think Leeds or Wigan will finish bottom, only 4 teams have never been relegated in the history of the sport (Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and Catalans)

43 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Isn't this what we always wanted , an open exciting competition ? , Just a shame it's Saints at the top 

Only if it suits Gubby, can't for the life of me understand those who cry foul,  if it happens to be one of the better supported teams then that is the rudiments of the competition the worst performing club on the field gets relegated, no if's no buts.

And as far as the spectators of those clubs are concerned tough, it would be good to see what they are made of, they would get no sympathy at all from me nor should I imagine any other loyal supporter of teams from the Championship or Championship 1,  I have had a season ticket for most of my adult life (in my 60's now) and since the summer league we have spent all but 2 seasons outside of SL.

13 hours ago, Damien said:

I hope not. I'm no Leeds fan but Super League needs all the big clubs it can get and I don't think it would be good for the game. Also I'd imagine it would be pretty disastrous for Leeds given their stadium redevelopment and associated repayments.

Just as disastrous as previous clubs like the Bulls and Widnes, the trouble with the likes of Leeds and Wigan etc they feel relegation is not an issue for clubs like them well Leeds could be close to that medicine this season, what I have seen so far is that they are a mile off, disorganised and not an 80 minute team. I maybe harsh but Furner is used to the Aussie way defence defence defence although with Leeds at the moment that's questionable. Our game is more open and attacking and perhaps the drills Leeds are doing are wrong for our kind of game to be competitive.

14 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Sack whoever is in charge of recruitment for a start. Briscoe, Myler, Peteru, Mullally, Galloway and Ormondroyd to name a few just are/were never good enough for Leeds and there’s questions over the likes of Lolohea and Merrin, whether they’re going to be good enough either. 

BJB wanted way too much money to stay so he was replaced by the then current England winger. He's lived in Ryan Hall's shadow but he's not a bad player, far from it.

Myler, whilst no superstar and not in the same league as Maguire, was brought in to replace him. In his first year he managed the 4th most try assists in the comp in a struggling team, he was also voted the Rhinos best player by the fans.

Peteru was injured most of his first season, but now he's starting games he is playing really really well as his stats demonstrate.

Ormondroyd and Mullally were young squad players that didn't develop further and were moved on. 

Merrin is showing his quality, if you took some time to check his stats he's right up there across the board on all the KPI's important to forwards. Ie, metres, tackles, offloads.

Lolohea has made more trys than any other player in the comp for the team at the bottom of the league! Needs work in defence however.

2 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

BJB wanted way too much money to stay so he was replaced by the then current England winger. He's lived in Ryan Hall's shadow but he's not a bad player, far from it.

Myler, whilst no superstar and not in the same league as Maguire, was brought in to replace him. In his first year he managed the 4th most try assists in the comp in a struggling team, he was also voted the Rhinos best player by the fans.

Peteru was injured most of his first season, but now he's starting games he is playing really really well as his stats demonstrate.

Ormondroyd and Mullally were young squad players that didn't develop further and were moved on. 

Merrin is showing his quality, if you took some time to check his stats he's right up there across the board on all the KPI's important to forwards. Ie, metres, tackles, offloads.

Lolohea has made more trys than any other player in the comp for the team at the bottom of the league! Needs work in defence however.

Reading that it's amazing that Leeds have been doing so bad....

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Reading that it's amazing that Leeds have been doing so bad....

Obviously the trolls love the fact Leeds are down there and many a Leeds fan is in a panic but not for me.

The two big signings are playing great and I'll stick my neck out and say come the end of the year they'll both be in the dream team.

The team played terrible against Hull and Wakey but could and probably should have won yesterday, against Saints and definitely against London.

They are a team very much in transition with new players and a new coach. They'll come good.

They "go" to where everyone else goes, they play the next match and try and win it, just as everyone else does.

Leeds are a poor side now, as poor as the sides their fans loved to mock and poke fun at, no point looking for reasons and how comes, they just have to get on with it, these things happen, it's sport.

It would be a disaster for Super League if Leeds were to be relegated. 

2 long shot options Leeds could try. 1 for this season and 1 for next (if still in Super League)

There are rumours in Australia, Trent Merrin wants to leave Leeds to go to the Dragons. Leeds should try and swap Merrin (plus probably another player) for Gareth Widdop, to play the year in Leeds before moving to Warrington. Widdop is obviously worth more, however the Dragons are trying to fit 5 key players into 4 positions and it is not working at all. Brad Fittler recently suggested the Dragons should let Widdop go early. 

For next season Josh Reynolds is playing reserve grade at the Tigers. He would be a brilliant signing 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If you watch RL on Sky regularly how can you avoid watching Leeds, they will be well into double figures each season, and that is also relevant to seasons when they have been successful or just plain average. 

PS if I was a Wakefield fan I wouldn't swop BJB for Tom Briscoe even though you say he is the better player.

Leeds get lots of TV games because they rate well, driving the value of our TV contract. That's the real reason the other SL clubs will start getting twitchy if they remain near the bottom. I'd be happy for Leeds to take their medicine but the bosses of the other clubs probably also can't afford for it to happen.

As for BJB vs Briscoe. It's barely worth debating based on how they performed whilst in blue and amber. I'm not even sure BJB would get in the current Leeds team.

12 minutes ago, Buderus said:

It would be a disaster for Super League if Leeds were to be relegated. 

2 long shot options Leeds could try. 1 for this season and 1 for next (if still in Super League)

There are rumours in Australia, Trent Merrin wants to leave Leeds to go to the Dragons. Leeds should try and swap Merrin (plus probably another player) for Gareth Widdop, to play the year in Leeds before moving to Warrington. Widdop is obviously worth more, however the Dragons are trying to fit 5 key players into 4 positions and it is not working at all. Brad Fittler recently suggested the Dragons should let Widdop go early. 

For next season Josh Reynolds is playing reserve grade at the Tigers. He would be a brilliant signing 

Merrin has publicly stated the rumours are rubbish. Besides getting rid of one of the players who is actually playing well seems a bit of a daft idea.

I think people are getting too giddy because its leeds, the table can and does change quite quickly leeds have not been far off in any of the games and could easily put a run of wins together

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

That would be a very rugby league thing to do and look very amateurish, just making it up as they go along. All the clubs knew they could be relegated when they votes it in.

I don’t think Leeds or Wigan will finish bottom, only 4 teams have never been relegated in the history of the sport (Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and Catalans)

Wigan have. Lost to Fulham first game in Division 2.

Archived