Bring back continuous live rucks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

With the emphasis on "bit". It's not really, no line-outs, no scrums, 13-a-side, 1 point for a drop-goal, 8m in-goal areas. 

What about points for tries/conversions/penalties? What happens to the six tackle rule? Why would we want the ball to get bogged down in a pile of bodies instead of having the ball in play as much as possible?

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

What about points for tries/conversions/penalties? What happens to the six tackle rule? Why would we want the ball to get bogged down in a pile of bodies instead of having the ball in play as much as possible?

It's so that the fatties can join in.

15 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You don't watch much RU obviously. There's more flow to a good game of RU. With full time professionalism the ruck in RU is now much cleaner. And we'd have 4 less forwards on the paddock. And we wouldn't be able to kick directly to touch from inside our own 25m area. So most RL matches would have the ball in play for a greater amount of time than they would have in RU. 

3 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

You don't watch much RU obviously. There's more flow to a good game of RU. With full time professionalism the ruck in RU is now much cleaner. And we'd have 4 less forwards on the paddock. And we wouldn't be able to kick directly to touch from inside our own 25m area.  

Well people on here generally don't as they are Rugby League fans.

7 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

You don't watch much RU obviously. There's more flow to a good game of RU. With full time professionalism the ruck in RU is now much cleaner. And we'd have 4 less forwards on the paddock. And we wouldn't be able to kick directly to touch from inside our own 25m area. So most RL matches would have the ball in play for a greater amount of time than they would have in RU. 

I do watch RU occasionally, but completely switch off when the ball isn’t in hand, possibly because I’ve also watched RL since the age of 5 and played from 7 until my mid 20s. As soon as you remove the play the ball it is no longer RL. 

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well people on here generally don't as they are Rugby League fans.

There's no RL on during the winter. You shouldn't deny yourselves watching NZ RU and possibly the 6 Nations. It is the closest thing to RL. I've said to RU ppl not to deny yourselves from watching Billy Slater and Cam Smith. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I do watch RU occasionally, but completely switch off when the ball isn’t in hand, possibly because I’ve also watched RL since the age of 5 and played from 7 until my mid 20s. As soon as you remove the play the ball it is no longer RL. 

What did we play from 1895 to 1906 then?

10 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

There's no RL on during the winter. You shouldn't deny yourselves watching NZ RU and possibly the 6 Nations. It is the closest thing to RL. I've said to RU ppl not to deny yourselves from watching Billy Slater and Cam Smith. 

I'd rather deny myself, thanks.

Shouldn't this nonsense be cross code anyway?

5 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

A game that the Norther Union tweaked the laws to make it more spectator friendly, introducing the ptb.

Ptb wasn't introduced until 1906. And that was because there used to be a scrum at each tackle area. Yeah, after each tackle a scrum was formed. 

Just now, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Ptb wasn't introduced until 1906. And that was because there used to be a scrum at each tackle area. Yeah, after each tackle a scrum was formed. 

Yes. That’s why I said the ptb was introduced. To make the game more spectator friendly.

You've got 2 choices go back to Yawnion land and never return......

Or embrace what you secretly are, a fan of the greatest game, forget all this kick and clap nonsense.

I saw a highlights vid of Trailfinders on these very threads and the highlights included conversions, and im not talking a last minute kick to win the match......that tells me enough. 

I watched 6 minutes of 6 nations, that was about 2 minutes of forming scrums, 2 minutes of line outs whatever that's about.....1 minutes worth of Ref blowing his whistle and then a bloke from italy booted the ball from behind his own try line, that was enough for me. 

7 hours ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

In a local pub two of the many TV's they have are in very close proximity, most of the clientele are RL lads but the landlords heart is in the other code, and if there are matches of both codes being broadcast simultaneously he will play them both, after doing it a few times you would have thought he would have learned his lesson if he is trying to "sell his game" by comparrison in the main RU looks so pedestrian, the ball is out of play quite a lot, player's seem to be stood about aimlessly, and the amount of time they use up from the 80 taking penalty kicks is quite ridiculous.

Archived