Gaz Hewer

Robin Evans

1 hour ago, Phil Loxton said:

LTS. He did signal the last tackle but he seemed hesitant and was late in doing so. However it was impossible to hear if he had shouted it on time. This probably affected Kings decision.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He did put his hand in the air but it was very late judged on the footage and King had already made his mind up to scoot I'd say, and why wouldn't he as he thought we had an extra tackle to come.

Whilst it was possibly easier to see the signal from where I was stood, even if not last tackle I still think it was a poor play decision considering the speed Smith was coming at (he didn't look impressed at not getting the ball) -  the scoot had created the space and a good player should be aware of support.

12 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Where you only watching one team? 

I'd rather have Gareth "fat boy' Hewer rather than Jack 'punish the little team" Smith... I'd be happy for him to never ref a Rams game again after his winning performance in a Sheffield shirt a couple of weeks back.. 

1 hour ago, coolie said:

I'd rather have Gareth "fat boy' Hewer rather than Jack 'punish the little team" Smith... I'd be happy for him to never ref a Rams game again after his winning performance in a Sheffield shirt a couple of weeks back.. 

Tough choice that one.  Hewer sucks the life out of a game, I can't remember enjoying a game he was reffing.

Smith on the other hand doesn't seem particularly well up on the knock on rule, especially when awarding tries.

Archived