Barrow Challenge Cup

AB Knight

Never an easy place to go even if Barrow are having a tough season so far. I'd expect to see a few changes; possibly Batchelor and McGrath drop out so they aren't cup tied. Wouldn't change much about the forwards apart from I'd like to see Peterson back in the squad, brings plenty intensity. Possibly Bass and Salter back at centres, with Mazive and Whiteley on the wing. Or Hey at centre and Bass on the wing if Mazive/Whiteley aren't fit.

Anyone else going to this? We are going on the club coach, bargain at just £15. Leaves Bootham at 10am, Blossom Street 10.15am.

There will be a few changes this week I guess. I'd expect JJR to replace Batch, and Judah and Bass to return as well. I got the impression the other week, the cup wasn't high on Fordy's priority list, but after Sunday, I think he will want to get the team back on the horse so to speak, so imagine he will pick the strongest team available. 

We've got Gareth Hewer as ref this week.

Fordy wants to win every game, so I think it will be as strong as possible, he wont play anyone who is not fully fit, Batch could play, think he's well down the pecking order at Saints, looking forward to it, its a long time since we have won there, got my ticket for the bus £15 is good value, also got my match ticket, come on the Knights York and proud.

6 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Fordy wants to win every game, so I think it will be as strong as possible, he wont play anyone who is not fully fit, Batch could play, think he's well down the pecking order at Saints, looking forward to it, its a long time since we have won there, got my ticket for the bus £15 is good value, also got my match ticket, come on the Knights York and proud.

Imagine if St. Helens get to the final, few injuries and Batch could have played but he got himself cup tied playing against Barrow? I reckon he'll be sitting this one out.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

58 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Imagine if St. Helens get to the final, few injuries and Batch could have played but he got himself cup tied playing against Barrow? I reckon he'll be sitting this one out.

Think we can beat Barrow without Batch, hope the Press dont keep saying Barrow are our bogie team, getting fed up with all the so called bogie teams.

23 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Think we can beat Barrow without Batch, hope the Press dont keep saying Barrow are our bogie team, getting fed up with all the so called bogie teams.

As has been said in the Press , lazy journalism from Martini.

All change...Mazive, Kelly, Kev Brown, Peterson, JJR, Stock, Rawsthorne, Hey all back in. Press suggesting Connor Robinson will have a late fitness test with Marsh and Jubb set to form a new halfback partnership. 

Can't argue with the changes to the team against Barrow and I am sure that the players who have been selected for the game will want to remind Fordy that there are not just making the numbers up and want to be involved more on game day .I think most Knights fans would rather put the League before a cup competition which we have no chance of winning.

3 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

ofc no TV over here..did Rawsthorne play/well??

Nick apparently pulled a hamstring in the pre match warm up , we still await his return debut .

Listened courtesy of Andy acko today sounded a very gritty knights performance , just shows the benefit of having a quality tight knit squad.

Hopefully big club at home next round .

Got to agree WK. I’d prefer to meet one of the big boys in the last eight after we’ve progresed a bit. I know both sides were far from at full strength but Barrow is not an easy place to go and they have their own fortress at home, as do we. Still, we got the win so we’ll done to all concerned. No more talk of hoodo’s now please!?

When I read the team news a day or 2 ago and saw Connor Robinson was having a late fitness test I thought it was mind games and we'd see him lining up alongside Marsh, leading the team around. 

I feared the worst with an untested halfback pairing of Jubb and Marsh, then losing Rawsthorne and factor in a traditionally difficult ground and I think at 3pm today Barrow would've been slight favourites.

To come away with any win is fantastic. Kevin Brown played well (apart from his break when he should've passed), thought Brinning had his best game since returning to York and Marsh for me was MOTM, huge game from him. But all players from 1-17 put in a shift, a good day out for those who made the trip. Barrow are an odd team, some big players but apart from little patches in the game don't play with enough intensity. Their fans should quite rightly be disappointed. 

898 crowd with I reckon 80-100 from York. Fans and players having a drink together in the pub near the ground after the game. 

Leeds or Cas at home next will do me!

A good day all round. Got through to the next round, enjoyed the trip with Knights fans and a great stop over on the way back. From a coaching point of view Fordy would have seen plenty of character when Barrow hit back with those 2 quick tries to be within a score, defence wise after that we were spot on holding them up over try line and pinning them from tackling from marker in their 10 metre line, Judah stepped up defence wise, i thought young Browny should get a slap on the back played well. Tim showed his experience and Kris had a great game too. We get who we are given in the next round but Thatto heath away? Nah only joking Leeds or KR at home for me

Archived