Barrow Challenge Cup

AB Knight

1 hour ago, The King Of Leon said:

Thank god i got 18 start and not 16 John, amazed with the players missing you went up there and won by that amount , by the way we threw it away against Fax, Robbo is playing great

Robbo was a fans favourite at the Knights Steve, always gave 100%  and gained pleny of yards, thought our young lads played really well, good luck in the rest of the season.

18 hours ago, AB Knight said:

When I read the team news a day or 2 ago and saw Connor Robinson was having a late fitness test I thought it was mind games and we'd see him lining up alongside Marsh, leading the team around. 

I feared the worst with an untested halfback pairing of Jubb and Marsh, then losing Rawsthorne and factor in a traditionally difficult ground and I think at 3pm today Barrow would've been slight favourites.

To come away with any win is fantastic. Kevin Brown played well (apart from his break when he should've passed), thought Brinning had his best game since returning to York and Marsh for me was MOTM, huge game from him. But all players from 1-17 put in a shift, a good day out for those who made the trip. Barrow are an odd team, some big players but apart from little patches in the game don't play with enough intensity. Their fans should quite rightly be disappointed. 

898 crowd with I reckon 80-100 from York. Fans and players having a drink together in the pub near the ground after the game. 

Leeds or Cas at home next will do me!

You'll not be getting Cas in the next round. That is a certainty?

We don't want Leeds either. A League 1 club at home will be fine. Get into the next round when the big boys come in. Raise the profile of the Knights,  and get more prize money, maybe some tv coverage. Also be a reward for all the players who played yesterday, because the next round is played just a week before the tough Easter fixtures, and Fordy could use his rotation system to keep everybody playing. and fit.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:24 AM, HarrogateKnights said:

A good day all round. Got through to the next round, enjoyed the trip with Knights fans and a great stop over on the way back. From a coaching point of view Fordy would have seen plenty of character when Barrow hit back with those 2 quick tries to be within a score, defence wise after that we were spot on holding them up over try line and pinning them from tackling from marker in their 10 metre line, Judah stepped up defence wise, i thought young Browny should get a slap on the back played well. Tim showed his experience and Kris had a great game too. We get who we are given in the next round but Thatto heath away? Nah only joking Leeds or KR at home for me

Were you the young lad who got off the bus in Harrogate?.

Archived