What's your favourite RL shirt ever?

Pretty much in the thread title, just wondering what people's favourite RL shirt of all time is. 

For me it's the 94 GB shirt. Love that shirt, I think cos its a bit nuts like a lot of shirts were around that period. Such an iconic shirt as well. Still frequently sit around the house wearing that one and checking myself out in the mirror as I wander past cos it just looks so good! I wear it to England games as well! Great quality, thick, cotton material, proper collar and I like the old style longer sleeves that cover the elbow. They don't make them like that anymore. 

So what are other people's favourite shirts? 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably Wigan 93/94. Ellegren i think it was. First shirt i ever purchased.

Got a lot of time for the Penrith shirt of around the same time.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I was going through my shirt collection the other day, I was shocked how many I had (that I don't wear) and how quickly time goes, I've got every Leeds home shirt from 1999, that's bloody 20 years which shocked me a bit, anyway I can't really give a favourite shirt because they fall into 2 categories to me, favourite as in actual design wise, and favourite as in which mean a lot to me, Leeds shirts... these 3, purely because they bring back great memories of Watching some great games with my Dad who sadly passed in 2001...

Apart from the pretty traditional one they're pretty horrid though

gettyimages-1924748-612x612.jpg

Hanley_1994-955x540.jpg

david-creaser-leeds-rlfc-02-january-1991-HXW0BA.jpg

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I was going through my shirt collection the other day, I was shocked how many I had (that I don't wear) and how quickly time goes, I've got every Leeds home shirt from 1999, that's bloody 20 years which shocked me a bit, anyway I can't really give a favourite shirt because they fall into 2 categories to me, favourite as in actual design wise, and favourite as in which mean a lot to me, Leeds shirts... these 2, purely because they bring back great memories of Watching some great games with my Dad who sadly passed in 2001...

Hanley_1994-955x540.jpg

any kestrel lager or youngers bitter ones?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I was going through my shirt collection the other day, I was shocked how many I had (that I don't wear) and how quickly time goes, I've got every Leeds home shirt from 1999, that's bloody 20 years which shocked me a bit, anyway I can't really give a favourite shirt because they fall into 2 categories to me, favourite as in actual design wise, and favourite as in which mean a lot to me, Leeds shirts... these 3, purely because they bring back great memories of Watching some great games with my Dad who sadly passed in 2001...

Hanley_1994-955x540.jpg

David Dresser was only talking to him last Thursday, he's a bus driver now smashing bloke.

Just now, Loiner said:

David Dresser was only talking to him last Thursday, he's a bus driver now smashing bloke.

That's Creasser B****y predicted text.

Mine is probably the Paramatta jersey in the 80's but I also really liked the North Sydney one as well.

Norths.jpg

Parra.jpg

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

32 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That picture surely contains two of the worst kit designs ever. That is probably my least favourite, non-shark themed, Hull shirt ever. What I said in my original post though, early 90s shirts were a bit crazy! 

39 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

But for actual favourite designs I think early 2000s GB shirt is up there, and as much as it pains me to say it The Aussie shirt is just iconic and pretty much perfect.

CD11487532.jpg

gettyimages-539979551-612x612.jpg

Agree about the OZ Jersey and the mid 00s Lions. Or the Lions shirts in general. The Kangaroos Jersey is iconic and so is the Lions. 

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Has to be 2019 Warrington away. Such an on-trend melange.

6D90CDBC-F7CA-4AAC-9F96-A80912730D01.jpeg

Grey and green hasn't worked so well since Bruce Banner took a steady office job to calm his nerves and someone stole his lunch from the fridge on his first day. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Bert1 said:

Those heritage strips Eng vs Aus 2014? were very nice.

Yes, they were fantastic  

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

That picture surely contains two of the worst kit designs ever. That is probably my least favourite, non-shark themed, Hull shirt ever. What I said in my original post though, early 90s shirts were a bit crazy! 

Yes they’re both awful designs! The early 90s had some shockers! But my favourites for reasons other than aesthetics ?

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

But for actual favourite designs I think early 2000s GB shirt is up there, and as much as it pains me to say it The Aussie shirt is just iconic and pretty much perfect.

CD11487532.jpg

gettyimages-539979551-612x612.jpg

Good choice that’s my favourite GB shirt. Not sure if that’s also because of its association with a rare victory though.

The Aussie one is a great design too.

I don't really have a favourite as there are so many to choose from , I think when I was a young child the kits colours and designs were one of the many things that initially sparked my interest in the sport.  I do have a preference for retro shirts with quite minimalist design.

Archived