March 17

I joined this site on February 16, 2003.

My first ever forum was the Virtual Terrace - joined that in 1999. If anyone can find out when Bradford Bulls v Shuddersfield was on the telly it was the day after that. Dale Laughton was being spoken to by the ref and Robbie Paul chimed in. Dale told him to "F*** off" and it was picked up on the ref's mike. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

10 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

March 17th this year marked my 15th anniversary of being registered on this site.

It marked what would have been my father's 104th birthday and it was my granddaughter's fourth birthday. She was born 100 years to the day after her great-grandfather. Funny how things like that happen.

I joined March 26th 2009. So its my 10th birthday today!

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 hours ago, tim2 said:

I joined this site on February 16, 2003.

My first ever forum was the Virtual Terrace - joined that in 1999. If anyone can find out when Bradford Bulls v Shuddersfield was on the telly it was the day after that. Dale Laughton was being spoken to by the ref and Robbie Paul chimed in. Dale told him to "F*** off" and it was picked up on the ref's mike. 

I can beat that.   I joined rec.sport.rugby on usenet in October 1994

In those days you had to preface League related thread titles with “RL:” because it was all one union and league forum.   You can imagine how well that worked.

Soon after, it split into two forums. Lots of the union types campaigned against setting up rec.sport.rugby.league because they claimed it wasn’t a separate sport. 

I can certainly recall vbfg and mugwump from those days, and I think they are both still quite active over on RLFans.  

Was John Drake on rsrl as well, or is that my imagination?

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

On 3/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, Steve May said:

I can beat that.   I joined rec.sport.rugby on usenet in October 1994

I think my first post on rec.sport.rugby was in 1991. I suppose I could use the interweb to find out. 

I started watching and very occasionally posting on RSRL in '95, then was on the old VT, most of the big club's own forums, Rivals and on rlfans when it began. It was very quiet over there in the early years, basically about five to ten regular posters rattling around winding each other up.

This site I was on early doors but then it went through some weird phase where you had to pay to be a member so I gave it up for a few years. When rlfans finally lost its mind I retired from there and came here on a permanent basis :)

It's scary to think that's almost a quarter of a century on, we're still discussing the same core subjects over and over again, on the RL section anyway. At some stage the futility of it all has to hit home - maybe we should strategise and obsess over structures less and just spend more time enjoying our unique little sport.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

I started watching and very occasionally posting on RSRL in '95, then was on the old VT, most of the big club's own forums, Rivals and on rlfans when it began. It was very quiet over there in the early years, basically about five to ten regular posters rattling around winding each other up.

This site I was on early doors but then it went through some weird phase where you had to pay to be a member so I gave it up for a few years. When rlfans finally lost its mind I retired from there and came here on a permanent basis :)

It's scary to think that's almost a quarter of a century on, we're still discussing the same core subjects over and over again, on the RL section anyway. At some stage the futility of it all has to hit home - maybe we should strategise and obsess over structures less and just spend more time enjoying our unique little sport.

Change RL for Brexit, and I think that's what we will be talking about in 2040

I think I started posting on here in 2003, but under my own name.  I moved house to an area called Troy and changed my name.

Well established  regular posters at that time included Ed I Tackle (still posting under another name)  Chairman M, Paley, Hullgal, Stan Doffarf, L'angelo mysterioso and JWAD

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I joined October 2000. I remember that because I was in Germany at the time on a project and was a bit bored. I saw a story about the RFL screwing up some marketing (could have been any time from 1895 until now going by that qualifier!). I had to rant and I didn’t think the Germans I was working with would understand. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived