Fri 29 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/03/19 at 19:45

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Surprised price has named the same 19, Akuola what does he have to do to get a chance instead of Tasi.

I’m hoping Livett gets a run.   I like Walker but he didn’t do himself any favours in the second half last week.   Livett has a bit of x-factor about him as he has a lot of strings to his bow, although he annoys me a bit when he delays the pass and ends up throwing it forward after the accepting player has overrun him ?

Tasi does a job as 3rd prop albeit unspectacularly,  but I’m not sure we need that same tactic against all teams and I’d like to see a bit more creativity thrown in to the mix.

Anyway, this week is a match too far for a stuttering Warrington and we’ll get a kick up the backside I feel.   I’m going to stick my neck out and say Hull by three tries which will hopefully spank Warrington into shape for later in the season.

23 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’m hoping Livett gets a run.   I like Walker but he didn’t do himself any favours in the second half last week.   Livett has a bit of x-factor about him as he has a lot of strings to his bow, although he annoys me a bit when he delays the pass and ends up throwing it forward after the accepting player has overrun him ?

Tasi does a job as 3rd prop albeit unspectacularly,  but I’m not sure we need that same tactic against all teams and I’d like to see a bit more creativity thrown in to the mix.

Anyway, this week is a match too far for a stuttering Warrington and we’ll get a kick up the backside I feel.   I’m going to stick my neck out and say Hull by three tries which will hopefully spank Warrington into shape for later in the season.

Can't see any team spanking Warrington this season, we will lose games but they will be close. As for Tasi l can't see any benefit from him. I would play Livett, Akuola, Moran or Johnson before him.

If Hull win here it'll be a a real confidence boost on top of a sketchy win last weekend. After getting a kicking by Wakey let's hope we can push on and start performing to the standard that we need to be anywhere near the top 5 come end of the season.

Still think Warrington by a score but hoping the team can do the business.

Apparently Andre Savelio has stated that Radford has the same effect on players as Wayne Bennett, absolute comedy gold. Yah can pull your brown nose out now sonny, you've already got the three year contract!

He's not included in the named 19, Ellis, Naulago and Shaul are out (Shaul with his second bad head injury in less than 12 months) plus Connor, Bowden, Green are still out but Minichello, Westerman and Talanoa come back in, this will be Talanoa's first game of 2019 if he plays, he should do as had 2 reserve matches and hopefully comes straight in for Naulago.

Hakim Miloudi also comes into the squad and is likely to play fullback unless Radford plays Griffin at fullback and puts Thompson in the centre position. Thompson did originally come to Hull from Cas as a utility back so despite the added bulk he's still got a decent turn of speed and good hands.

Hull squad:

Bureta Faraimo 
Carlos Tuimavave
Josh Griffin
Fetuli Talanoa
Albert Kelly
Marc Sneyd 
Scott Taylor
Danny Houghton
Dean Hadley
Mark Minichiello

Joe Westerman
Jordan Thompson
Masi Matongo
Sika Manu
Jordan Lane
Mickey Paea
Hakim Miloudi 
Jez Litten
Danny Washbrook

Danny Houghton's 300th game.

I hope no statistician has been asked to count how many tackles he's made.

Hull 18 Wire 26. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I don't see us winning there. Hull by 9.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I don't see us winning there. Hull by 9.

I'm complete opposite. Warrington by a mile imo

Before the concussion to Shaul and the loss of Ellis I was looking forward to finding out where Hull really are at in this fixture as its not longer a totally under strength team. The back end of last season made people make predictions about how bad Hull are but it really is the same foundations as the team that won two CC cups and on who on their day I felt could beat anyone. Despite that I really don't feel that way this season hence thought this was be a good measurement. Now without those two I cant see much further than a Wire win by a couple of tries.

I suspect Radford will play Hakim Miloudi at full back and I expect he will get peppered. To be honest I quite like him going forward but if he does not perform at FB tonight (which is really the position we brought him in at) I cant really see the point of hanging on to him. Normally if fit we would have Connor to fill that role.

6 hours ago, Jarv said:

Before the concussion to Shaul and the loss of Ellis I was looking forward to finding out where Hull really are at in this fixture as its not longer a totally under strength team. The back end of last season made people make predictions about how bad Hull are but it really is the same foundations as the team that won two CC cups and on who on their day I felt could beat anyone. Despite that I really don't feel that way this season hence thought this was be a good measurement. Now without those two I cant see much further than a Wire win by a couple of tries.

I suspect Radford will play Hakim Miloudi at full back and I expect he will get peppered. To be honest I quite like him going forward but if he does not perform at FB tonight (which is really the position we brought him in at) I cant really see the point of hanging on to him. Normally if fit we would have Connor to fill that role.

Miloudi definitely in at full back. Talanoa doesn't make it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived