NRL 2019 - Round 3 - Match Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just caught up with the game.

St George started hot and the Broncos did well to be ahead at half time.  Very fast and physical game.  More of the same in the second half.

Can't help feeling that the Broncos are not getting the best out of Gillett in the middle... 58 run metres is not enough for a middle forward and he just seems a little lightweight for me.  When Hass is back I would look at putting Pangai Junior to 13 to bulk up the middle.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Absolutely brilliant match to watch.  Dragons were excellent (and Broncos awful) for first 25 mins and then the game turned on its head.  

Second half was similar.  Broncos awful ball control but the class in the backs (and some luck) almost got them home.

Ben Hunt was MOM for me, never rated him that highly but he had an excellent match.  Vaughan, Norman, Pereira, McInnes were all very good as well.  The Sims brothers are great to watch  - Korbin goes from daft penalty to daft penalty to great try to knock on, all at 100 mph.  The joy in the team when he scored was great.

Massive shame about Widdop - really hope it isn't as bad as it looked and he gets back soon.

Yes, Dragons deserved the win.

They had to absorb a lot of pressure  with Brisbane having to play catch up all the time. Dragons' attacking was superb when it counted.

Broncos could have snatched an improbable win if that field goal attempt three minutes from time had gone over. But that's an IF.

It didn't and Corey Norman punished them when they couldn't retaliate, right at the death.

For a team who hadn't won this season, the confidence the Dragons showed in chucking it about from the beginning was very impressive 

The Widdop/Norman/Hunt combination was starting to really work as well

Fantastic game to watch.  Brutal and end to end

Early mail: The Raiders have lost Aidan Sezer to an oblique injury and have replaced him with Sam Williams. The Knights have confirmed Connor Watson has been ruled out of Friday’s clash with Canberra after suffering a low grade MCL injury in their loss to the Panthers.

Utility Kurt Mann will place him at fullback, despite calls for star Kalyn Ponga to revert from the halves to the position he dominated in 2018. Despite playing on through the injury last week, Watson was unable to train during captain’s run on Thursday. Jamie Buhrer is likely to come onto the bench as a utility. Bench forward Herman Ese’ese is expected to drop out of the side with Josh King to come into the 17.

Morning all. Canberra leading by 2 no tries to 1.

I'll be off to work before the second half starts, but this is pretty entertaining so far.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Morning all. Canberra leading by 2 no tries to 1.

I'll be off to work before the second half starts, but this is pretty entertaining so far.

Pitch looks perfect

Croker converts try. 6 - 0

Archived