York CC

Barroooww

Improvements are not bringing wins though we have leigh, Toronto, bradford are our next 3 games cant see us getting anything other than heavy defeats

14 minutes ago, Barroooww said:

Apart from a decent spell second half normal business is resumed regarding or defence and clueless attack. How charnock and Riley earn wages is beyond me. Fed up of putting 25 quid a week into the club and buying shirts/hoodies/polos before the season but getting naf all back on the pitch. Are we gonna win another game all year???? 

Charnock was better today but is there better out there for the money? I think there  probably is..

Riley is hopeless I was surprised he got a new deal never mind a two year deal. He cant defend and for a big lad he doesn't make the yards going forward. Cresta must be able to see this, we have clearly panicked when giving him this deal. 

I think we have some good players, I thought ritson should us what a good signing he could be, susino already proving his worth, Josh Johnson put in a good showing. There are positives but others are letting us down.

20 minutes ago, Barroooww said:

Apart from a decent spell second half normal business is resumed regarding or defence and clueless attack. How charnock and Riley earn wages is beyond me. Fed up of putting 25 quid a week into the club and buying shirts/hoodies/polos before the season but getting naf all back on the pitch. Are we gonna win another game all year???? 

Riley is absolutely stealing a wage he doesn't even try at least charnock likes to get stuck in. I thought bar mossop susino Carter and josh Johnson we were atrocious today crowds will only drop more 

2 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

You are probably not aware of the number of injuries Barrow have, then there are those playing with injuries and those just returning after long lay off. Best team won today but didn't deserve the scoreline. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Well aware of your injury problems.You had  a decent 17 that took the field today.As for the Knights,no Horne,Robinson,Batchelor,Rawsthorne,Robson,Carter,Bass,Cockayne,Salter,Dixon and Chilton.All first team players,so in effect you've been beaten by our 2nd string.Thought you would ensure payback for our last game.Couldnt have been further from it.Our fringe players did us proud especially Kevin Brown at full back who was making his debut.

Really hope you turn things around.Definitely have the quality.Bit worrying after today though.

knightrider.gif

4 minutes ago, knightrider said:

Well aware of your injury problems.You had  a decent 17 that took the field today.As for the Knights,no Horne,Robinson,Batchelor,Rawsthorne,Robson,Carter,Bass,Cockayne,Salter,Dixon and Chilton.All first team players,so in effect you've been beaten by our 2nd string.Thought you would ensure payback for our last game.Couldnt have been further from it.Our fringe players did us proud especially Kevin Brown at full back who was making his debut.

Really hope you turn things around.Definitely have the quality.Bit worrying after today though.

Bang on! 

25 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Gaz Hock played for you yet ?

Hock! We're paying him probably hundreds+ a week and he hasn't played a game for us yet! Not even put a Barrow shirt on! All hype that's all! Probably won't do fuk all for us, complete waste of money 

18 hours ago, Raiderfan79 said:

Improvements are not bringing wins though we have leigh, Toronto, bradford are our next 3 games cant see us getting anything other than heavy defeats

Are  you not the same fan that says you should be beating York at home ?? Then go on to say your facing heavy defeats against Bradford and Leigh who by the way York have beaten both already this season , surely if you should be beating York you should be in with a chance of beating them two , I think you underestimate York this season mate  but that’s how we like it !!! 

9 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Hock! We're paying him probably hundreds+ a week and he hasn't played a game for us yet! Not even put a Barrow shirt on! All hype that's all! Probably won't do fuk all for us, complete waste of money 

Doesn't even show his face at home game either. Would be nice to have him around the ground getting photos with kids, letting fans know how he's going etc. Seems to me like he doesn't give a toss about being here 

2 hours ago, joe142 said:

Doesn't even show his face at home game either. Would be nice to have him around the ground getting photos with kids, letting fans know how he's going etc. Seems to me like he doesn't give a toss about being here 

Bang on, complete joke of a signing. 

19 hours ago, steve75 said:

How is that young winger - knocked senseless and a while before he was taken off? Never came back on either. At one point he looked like Bambi  - legs everywhere!

He has a shoulder injury, and while he did look groggy when he came off, he stayed around the dug-outs, so hopefully nothing serious. Thanks for your concern.

21 hours ago, BarraFan said:

I see, there was a rumour he was coming back to Leigh, but as you say we'd probably be "wasting our money" also...

Only my 2nd visit to Barrow (my 1st was back when Castleford were relegated into the national league), you've got a good setup there and friendly fans, IMO you have the best set of fans out of the Cumbrian teams both home and away. Is it just me or did you used to have a roof on that stand behind the posts? 

On the pitch you had plenty go forward (Josh Johnson is a real handful) but your hooker is too slow. I thought that back at Bootham Crescent and again on Sunday. He's picking the ball up, then looking then passing and by that time the York defence have read him. Keep the faith as there's just a few things to change then I'm sure you'll start picking up a few more wins again.

Agree about Hock, fair enough he's injured and has a legally binding contract so it's not like it can be terminated easily. But the least he could do is turn up, be a presence, maybe even help with the warm ups or water carrier etc. 

Best of luck for the rest of 2019 and looking forward to another trip to Craven Park in August.

Archived