Newcastle Thunder RD4 predictions

Callum Linford 98

57 minutes ago, Supporter said:

As published on the Thunder Web Site: Interesting squad to face Town.

Out: Fitzsimmons, Aston, H. Aldous, McAvoy.

In: Weetman, Sidney, Clarke, Craig.

IMG_1357.thumb.PNG.5a8091f6cff668638781a004c9d39d38.PNG

Anyone got any idea of the town squad? Who do we have missing 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

with the amount of Injuries we have and Probably Wilkes missing after the way he was walking off last week and Sutton Cup tied we will be lucky to be able to name a 19 man squad.

League must be our priority this year so I am not too fussed if we lose this one.

Apart from Fieldhouse and possibly Wilkes who else is out injured ?

20 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

We’ve a full team just about, young amateur on the bench also who featured for us pre season I believe. Leave it to you to figure out whom.

town by 16 

Hope its the young hooker from  Seaton, looked the best of triallists for me

24 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

We’ve a full team just about, young amateur on the bench also who featured for us pre season I believe. Leave it to you to figure out whom.

town by 16 

We’ve named a 19 man squad so think they’ll get a full team out of that no problem. Be quite good for young Smallwood to get a run out

46 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Hope its the young hooker from  Seaton, looked the best of triallists for me

Surely you can’t gage on a players talent from half of a game. Have you seen any of the others play any amatuer? Or is it just from the Huddersfield game you are saying that?

Interesting 19 as I know young Smallwood well I am over the moon for him and if any of you aren’t on the amatuer circuit I can assure you there isn’t many better than him in them leagues and there is a lot of people that will back that up I know it’s a big step but I will be interesting to see how he goes. 

1 hour ago, Annon said:

Surely you can’t gage on a players talent from half of a game. Have you seen any of the others play any amatuer? Or is it just from the Huddersfield game you are saying that?

Watch all levels mate,  but based my  opinion on when they play at higher level,  we all have opionions but i certainly have nothing against any other locals, wish them all well

18 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Apart from Fieldhouse and possibly Wilkes who else is out injured ?

From a Squad of 20 we Have Fieldhouse Long Term and Sutton Cup tied.Tom Curwen is still Injured and I presumed Ollie would be after the way he walked off the Pitch last week so that would have left us with 16 with no DR but thankfully Dawson is now fit.I think the fact young Dom is named in the squad shows how stretched we are but quite happy for him to get a chance at a higher level

Thatto Heath Crusaders 16  v. North Wales Crusaders 14.  Apart from the last 10 minutes THC were the better team and deserved their win.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Good on Smallwood for having a go. 

Interesting to see Haven in the paper declaring they have a five year plan. Our friends from down the road consistently mocked that before they nearly went bust. Its interesting to see how much they copy us. Thieve even done a video of Jake. God knows who did it like as its shocking.. Also spent half of the time harking back to the derbies from last year. 

2 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Interesting to see Haven in the paper declaring they have a five year plan. Our friends from down the road consistently mocked that before they nearly went bust. Its interesting to see how much they copy us. Thieve even done a video of Jake. God knows who did it like as its shocking.. Also spent half of the time harking back to the derbies from last year. 

They do say imitation is the ultimate form of flattery. If trying to get digs in on their videos is all they have to talk about then they are struggling though. They are targeting making money behind the bar with the tenner entry as long as you spend all afternoon in the bar (as if they need encouraged) So the usual crew will be causing a nuisance by 3pm instead of half time then....

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

10 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

They do say imitation is the ultimate form of flattery. If trying to get digs in on their videos is all they have to talk about then they are struggling though. They are targeting making money behind the bar with the tenner entry as long as you spend all afternoon in the bar (as if they need encouraged) So the usual crew will be causing a nuisance by 3pm instead of half time then....

With a tenner entry kids for nowt and the return of the messiah they will probably pull in more than us today. I'm surprised they aren't showing re runs of last year's Derby games to get a few more in. ?

10 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

They should make a fortune , watching them must drive you to drink 

Speaking to a whitehaven sponsor he said the club are still forecasting to lose 70k this season despite all their cost cutting, so expect the begging bowls out some time in May.

To be fair to them i think the idea of letting fans in for a tenner before 1 is a good idea and something we should look at

49 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Speaking to a whitehaven sponsor he said the club are still forecasting to lose 70k this season despite all their cost cutting, so expect the begging bowls out some time in May.

To be fair to them i think the idea of letting fans in for a tenner before 1 is a good idea and something we should look at

I heard it was 85k. 

Depends if they drink enough to make the 3 quid up. Our board seem to have budgeted and are sticking to it which is a good thing. If the club don't pay the brewery and VAT etc they're just cash flowing themselves on beer sales. It all comes home to roost when the bills get legal.

Archived