Newcastle Thunder RD4 predictions

Callum Linford 98

21 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Depends if they drink enough to make the 3 quid up. Our board seem to have budgeted and are sticking to it which is a good thing. If the club don't pay the brewery and VAT etc they're just cash flowing themselves on beer sales. It all comes home to roost when the bills get legal.

You also have to weigh up how many more would come down for a tenner as opposed to £15.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

They do say imitation is the ultimate form of flattery. If trying to get digs in on their videos is all they have to talk about then they are struggling though. They are targeting making money behind the bar with the tenner entry as long as you spend all afternoon in the bar (as if they need encouraged) So the usual crew will be causing a nuisance by 3pm instead of half time then....

Showing videos of derby wins is fine maybe we should show the videos of 10 victories in 2 seasons. Any way this is far better to watch 

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

With a tenner entry kids for nowt and the return of the messiah they will probably pull in more than us today. I'm surprised they aren't showing re runs of last year's Derby games to get a few more in. ?

To make extra revenue with a £5 entry cut everyone would have to buy 4 pints. And some of them would’ve done that anyway.

Harks back to them cutting their prices for their biggest game of the season previously.

And I though some of those guys were supposed to be business men ?

Even if miller and Penky were fit think it’s a good idea to give them a rest. Miller picked up a couple of knocks last week and giving Penky a break can only be good for him.

Just got back in and looking for commentary of Town game online.  BBC radio Cumbria says 'content doesn't seem to be working'.

Anyone know if/where I can listen in to the game.  Cheers.  (Also anyone got the score?)

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Go to the Harry King entry on Radio Cumbria and click on the button to open it and you get RL commentaries.  Only on Radio Cumbria could you get such as this.  

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Thank you Keith, got it now.  It's almost as if they don't want people to listen ….!

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Not sure how how we won that tbh , I thought we were second best in a lot of areas . Without Penky we looked lost at times and pretty ponderous and blunt in attack . They seemed to be playing downhill with the metres they were making , but as Leon said we found a way . Everything was on Doran to do and he stood up and took charge , Karl put in a big  shift , as did Perry , and Hopkins again looks like he’s hit his straps. Fair to say you saw the worth of Elliott and Penky today to . Hope we get a good home draw next up 

Wigan Leeds saints or Warrington please. What a game of rugby. Felt like Bradford all over again!! Sam Hopkins was superb and so was Ollie. Gordon made some good runs aswell utt

How we won that I’m not sure. Newcastle looked really sharp, quick play the balls and got us on the back foot. Fair play to the boys for hanging in there and getting the win. Hopkins is starting to get fit and I think we will start to see the best of him, my man of the match today. Thought Mellor had a cracking game as well taking some really difficult high balls, he’s covering really well for Fieldhouse. As much as we miss Penky you couldn’t fault Karl for 80 minutes of non stop work. Let’s hope we get a good draw. Utt

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Wigan Leeds saints or Warrington please. What a game of rugby. Felt like Bradford all over again!! Sam Hopkins was superb and so was Ollie. Gordon made some good runs aswell utt

I think it's the bottom 4 from last year so you won't see wigan unless we get through to the next round. 

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

Couldn't make today. But sounded another tough, close encounter. Hope today shows how we need to add a few more bodies to the group. 

Well done town. In the hat for the next round. Let's hope for a big name

Especially a winger.

Archived