embarasment to are sport

23 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

That is a fantastic post. Well said, Harry.

I would add that it doesn't even matter if a person doesn't have any other skills - there is still no reason to be unkind about what they do.

I'm not sure the OP can have too many complaints when they started a thread attacking a guy, in fact wanting him banned from the Rugby because of this cowbell ringing.

There was certainly no kindness in the OP.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Almost as bad as a team's fans calling themselves the 'Green Army' because the team plays in green.

Were the Town army because....well I think you can figure it out ha ha....

Is this an early April fool?

I have every sympathy for Arthur Crown and his literacy shortcomings, if he actually exists.

But perhaps the original post is one of many smoke screens, put out by the Huddersfield club, to divert attention from the fact that the "Cowbell Army" is the new name for a travelling group of people that don't actually exist...

:unsure:  

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Has Arthur never seen Hull City fans doing their 'Mauled by the Tigers' mime? As camp as they come.

The Rovers fans singing along to "The Red Red Robin" before the teams come out at Craven Park is even better.

Sounds like a sing-song in an old people's home.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

25 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Is this an early April fool?

I have every sympathy for Arthur Crown and his literacy shortcomings, if he actually exists.

But perhaps the original post is one of many smoke screens, put out by the Huddersfield club, to divert attention from the fact that the "Cowbell Army" is the new name for a travelling group of people that don't actually exist...

:unsure:  

do hudds fans actually exist? saw a group of them in wetherspons in 2012 since then no sightings of the rare fartowner species

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I think it's a bit naff but it's pretty low down the list of things I'd get worked up about.

That's my perspective too but I do enjoy Arthur's resolute anti-cowbell stance.

Wonder if he's ever been a steward at the KCOM.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I like the cowbell, reminds me of watching Ski Sunday on BBC2 instead of doing homework!

I always wonder how many times he's going to play the intro to Low Rider before he gets it right.

50 minutes ago, Ullman said:

That's my perspective too but I do enjoy Arthur's resolute anti-cowbell stance.

Wonder if he's ever been a steward at the KCOM.

I detect a touch of solidarity with a certain Fartown poster on here...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

25 minutes ago, Oxford said:

So you were the audience!

Ski Sunday used to be massively popular . Never forget Konrad Bartelski . He came second in a big race and was a national legend . We’d never had someone who could ski and not fall over. Sunday evenings ... then one man and his dog with Phil Drabble , and pro celebrity golf that always seemed to have Ronnie Corbett on 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

one man and his dog

pro celebrity golf

Ski Sunday

You've really lived life right on the edge, haven't you?

Judging by the era I thought you'd missed that yawn programme and then I remembered

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

one man and his dog

was the crowd.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure the OP can have too many complaints when they started a thread attacking a guy, in fact wanting him banned from the Rugby because of this cowbell ringing.

There was certainly no kindness in the OP.

I get your point, but I don't think it's quite the same when you're directing it at someone who isn't actually here (unless the Cowbell guy uses this forum, which I suppose he might). It's a bit more personal when the insults are written directly at you.

Plus, I don't think calling for someone ringing a Cowbell to be banned from ringing it (I'm sure Arthur doesn't want him banned from watching - just banned from ringing the Cowbell while watching), is quite the same level as insulting someone's spelling.

Just now, 17 stone giant said:

I get your point, but I don't think it's quite the same when you're directing it at someone who isn't actually here (unless the Cowbell guy uses this forum, which I suppose he might). It's a bit more personal when the insults are written directly at you.

Plus, I don't think calling for someone ringing a Cowbell to be banned from ringing it (I'm sure Arthur doesn't want him banned from watching - just banned from ringing the Cowbell while watching), is quite the same level as insulting someone's spelling.

Maybe, but if you start a thread with a frothy mouthed rant, you do leave yourself open somewhat. I didn't read the criticism as solely a spelling issue, more a quality of the rant overall.

34 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ski Sunday used to be massively popular . Never forget Konrad Bartelski . He came second in a big race and was a national legend . We’d never had someone who could ski and not fall over. Sunday evenings ... then one man and his dog with Phil Drabble , and pro celebrity golf that always seemed to have Ronnie Corbett on 

I bet One Man and his Dog went down a storm in Cumbria.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived