Dewsbury v West Hull CC Rd 4

Crown Flatter

I think there will be a number of changes in Lee Greenwood’s team selection for this match, giving some of our fringe players (those still with us obviously) the chance to show their prowess. 

Deesbury 34-10 West Hull

FTS: Ward

MoM: Iggy

Att: 646

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Trout jr. is injured I believe, and might not be available in any case if Leeds wanted to avoid him becoming cup-tied. This could well apply to our other loan signings.

It won't be an easy game but, on a decent playing surface, we should win comfortably in the end.

Dewsbury 42 - 14 W Hull

Att:585

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Trout jr. is injured I believe, and might not be available in any case if Leeds wanted to avoid him becoming cup-tied. This could well apply to our other loan signings.

It won't be an easy game but, on a decent playing surface, we should win comfortably in the end.

Dewsbury 42 - 14 W Hull

Att:585

Squad on Twitter.  A few being rested and some new faces will be on show. Almost forgot about Jodie sheriffe and who’s this Simon Brown. Does anyone know? Pleased to see Gabriel getting another run out. Fully deserved after his last start. 

12 minutes ago, NickD said:

Squad on Twitter.  A few being rested and some new faces will be on show. Almost forgot about Jodie sheriffe and who’s this Simon Brown. Does anyone know? Pleased to see Gabriel getting another run out. Fully deserved after his last start. 

Where you been? Jodie Sheriffe played last Sunday at Fev,Simon Brown as played as played a couple of games this season. 

8 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Where you been? Jodie Sheriffe played last Sunday at Fev,Simon Brown as played as played a couple of games this season. 

Didn’t go last week so haven’t seen Jodie for a while.  Assumed he’d gone somewhere.  Was being sarcastic about Brown. He just disappeared without trace a couple of weeks ago.  Forgot sarcasm doesn’t read well on here. 

If you cant get to the Tetley Stadium on Sunday you don't  have to miss any of the action with HWD Hospital Radio.We have LIVE commentary as the Rams take on West Hull in the Challenge cup from 3.00pm.
Hear all the action from the Tetley Stadium. Listen live for free by clicking on this link   http://ow.ly/mNpD30ncrca   

Or visit www.hwdhospitalradio.com and click on Listen Live!
It's next best to being there!

13 hours ago, andyram said:

D22f1oAWsAELWol.jpeg

Interesting that 2 loan players included in the 19 .....  I am surprised that Wigan have allowed it .. or are they just listed to make up the numbers and the 17 contracted players will be on duty on Sunday!   Who will be kicking ... Finn, Brown or Knowles?....  Garett still injured? 

Its good to have cover in the halves with Sykes suspended ... Browns best position is stand off !

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Interesting that 2 loan players included in the 19 .....  I am surprised that Wigan have allowed it .. or are they just listed to make up the numbers and the 17 contracted players will be on duty on Sunday!   Who will be kicking ... Finn, Brown or Knowles?....  Garett still injured? 

Its good to have cover in the halves with Sykes suspended ... Browns best position is stand off !

Garratt is still injured, yes, and like you I am surprised that Wigan are allowing their loan players to get cup-tied.

Having listened to Lee talking on Back Chat last week I am completely confident in the fact that he understands and thinks about the game to a much greater degree than any supporter. Whatever line up he chooses there will be a lot of planning behind it, even if Walshaw plays stand off.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It will also be interesting to see if Harvey Whiteley plays, given that Sam Day is being rested. Harvey came with a good reputation from his time at Leeds and could certainly liven things up a little.

There were so few at the game today that it is no surprise that nobody has yet commented on the game. Looking around I felt that there were 5-600 present, so the announcement of 360ish really surprised me. I presume that the temptations of Keighley v Bradford free on the telly were too great for some to resist.

It was an OK game with a few flashes of quality mixed in with some quite poor stuff at times. The coach will have been imparting a few home truths to some of the players I'm sure and that will be no bad thing. Given a couple of injuries and unavailability of some loan players the coach took the opportunity to give a chance to some of the fringe players. Whether this enhanced their status in the squad or simply reinforced why they are fringe players is open to debate; in addition a couple of our "regulars" did nothing to impress at times. Certainly Leeming deserved his MoM award for a couple of classy touches. As with all of this kind of match there was little to learn and next week's game will be quite a different challenge, that's for sure.

Finally, a much deserved round of applause for the West Hull team who conducted themselves well and thoroughly deserved their try at the end. For amateurs their fitness levels and stamina were admirable and they deserve to have another successful year in the Conference.

32 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

There were so few at the game today that it is no surprise that nobody has yet commented on the game. Looking around I felt that there were 5-600 present, so the announcement of 360ish really surprised me. I presume that the temptations of Keighley v Bradford free on the telly were too great for some to resist.

It was an OK game with a few flashes of quality mixed in with some quite poor stuff at times. The coach will have been imparting a few home truths to some of the players I'm sure and that will be no bad thing. Given a couple of injuries and unavailability of some loan players the coach took the opportunity to give a chance to some of the fringe players. Whether this enhanced their status in the squad or simply reinforced why they are fringe players is open to debate; in addition a couple of our "regulars" did nothing to impress at times. Certainly Leeming deserved his MoM award for a couple of classy touches. As with all of this kind of match there was little to learn and next week's game will be quite a different challenge, that's for sure.

Thought Leeming looked v good and would dearly like to see him get a start next week. Not sure any of the other fringe players did enough to force there way into the first 17 and although Brown did nothing wrong I  think Sykes was probably one of the winners today. Thought there was more than 366 but there weren’t many there today to be honest. 

Now why did Morton and Gabriel switch positions? I don’t think it would have mattered had they not changed  

In addition to Leeming, I thought Wslshaw played well and you could see today how Finn plays his game. I was surprised though, how quiet Ryder was today and why was he brought off late in the game; through injury or was it tactical?

West Hull showed why they are consistently good in the NCL and their forwards stood up to our pack throughout. In the backs, Lazenby stood out for me, perhaps because his relatives brought his attention to me as they were sat behind.

They really gave a good account of themselves, with good discipline  and the game itself was played fairly,

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Full marks to West Hull for a gritty performance but we were competent enough to see the job done and nice efforts from Gabriel and Leeming in particular. I can believe the crowd, there were no more than 25 of us on the terrace and it was a poor atmosphere- I did expect a few more from Hull but maybe the glamour of t’owd tin pot is wearing thin at amateur level as well. Maybe if in all ties of different divisions the higher club must play away? Leeds at home in the next round please!

Archived