Talk Sport

I find Alan Brazil and aly mccoist very entertaining in the morning  and I also enjoy  the sports bar with Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy 

Opinions 

TS is dreadful, I find it virtually unlistenable simply due to the number of ads. I'd be interested to know how much original output a TS presenter does in a typical hour when adverts, news bulletins, jingles, weather reports and link music is subtracted. I'd be surprised if it's more than 25 minutes.

I'm amazed the BBC doesn't have a dedicated sport radio channel. And TV channel too. 

I've actually seen the rajar numbers and the number of people listening to TS drops off a cliff at 7pm when 5 Live goes over to an all sport format. They should do it for the full schedule.

12 minutes ago, JCXV said:

I'm amazed the BBC doesn't have a dedicated sport radio channel. And TV channel too. 

The BBC are restricted in what they are allowed to do, to stop them having a monopoly.  For example, they can't have a '+1' channel as other channels objected.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

51 minutes ago, Spike said:

I find Alan Brazil and aly mccoist very entertaining in the morning  and I also enjoy  the sports bar with Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy 

Opinions 

I really like Talksport. My favourite would be the Sports Bar, but I also like Georgie Bingham on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and also the warm up with Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on Sundays. Hawksbee and Jacobs are good too, but I don't get to listen to them very much. I haven't often heard Brazil and McCoist, but the couple of shows I did catch, they were really good. The adverts are a bit annoying, but that can't be helped. I'm getting it for free, after all.

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

I really like Talksport. My favourite would be the Sports Bar, but I also like Georgie Bingham on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and also the warm up with Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on Sundays. Hawksbee and Jacobs are good too, but I don't get to listen to them very much. I haven't often heard Brazil and McCoist, but the couple of shows I did catch, they were really good. The adverts are a bit annoying, but that can't be helped. I'm getting it for free, after all.

100% agree with that. Drive with Durham and Goughie good aswell

I've been enjoying Danny Kelly's broadcasting output for years on various different channels, but still don't have TalkSport on very often for some reason, unless they've nabbed the Cricket coverage from TMS.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I blame talksport for putting that annoying selco jingle in my head that I can’t get out 

The adverts are for PPI claims, vans, building supplies, divorce lawyers and every type of betting available bar dog fighting. 

It's a grim as it gets. 

Talksport - utter rubbish. All McCoist and Brazil do is glorify gambling and binge drinking. Durham is an obnoxious oaf and Danny Kelly can talk filler better than an interior decorator. Oh and then there's the adverts for betting companies and the mild misogyny. Brilliant. 

16 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Radio 5 Live?

does lots of non-sports stuff

in fact loads

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

15 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Does the BBC cover enough sports to warrant a dedicated "Sports" (Football) Channel? It WOULD  be 95% Premiership, 2% Other Football, 2% RU, and 1% other Sports, I would Guess.

They could fill it easily. I imagine it would also have loads on F1 but men's hobby type programs, lifestyle sections, comedy etc. Just more of a sport/male-orientated channel that is talk based and not music based. I imagine Feminists would kill it dead before it even reached the planning stage. 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, Spike said:

Opinions 

Horrible, Cundy & Durham are the biggest Plonkers ever.

Archived