Sad news about Wigan star Brett Dallas

Speedster Brett Dallas has fallen on tough times and appeared before the Courts on charges of theft.

Sad to see a player like Dallas who was the youngest player to turn out for Queensland in SOO.

I hope he  can turn it around and get on with his life. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6862291/NRL-legend-1million-contract-caught-stealing-board-shorts.html#comments

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Anyone who spied his twitter and instagram over the last couple years would know the bloke is in a very deep hole. Sad.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

They often get Australian Rugby news like this. Cheap filler for them I suppose 

Not that I read the Mail....  (!!) but... !   well anyway the odd spin through does pop up... and they seem to pick up on Australian articles.

I should add in fairness to other papers that I think all papers are rubbish!

And on topic, very sad for Dallas. 

That's a real shame I hope he can get help and maybe use his history in the game to be a coach at some level or conditioner or something. I'll never forget him running the ball out of defence STRAIGHT AT a defender. Didn't know what hit him. Can't remember who it was against but I was behind the posts so must have been either a Magic Weekend or a Cup Final

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Interesting angle some taking here. I don’t imagine if this was one of the game’s perceived bad boys, this story would have gained the same reaction. 

Probably not but maybe some recognise that he was never like that as a player and realise that for various reasons a lot of players fall on hard times after playing. He is obviously one of them.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:00 AM, DlEHARD said:

Anyone who spied his twitter and instagram over the last couple years would know the bloke is in a very deep hole. Sad.

Just had a look through his twitter account, the bloke is really in a bad way. Like, seriously messed up.

Archived