Rfl stopping travel grants

6 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Not helped much for last few years spent  £4k a year on coachs in division 3 and when they add more teams do they think of cost to others no just pester us with emails about sponsors who we received nothing from but we have to give programming space to for free 

No it isn't much but better than nothing

I guess if you do not like  the league you are in or the costs involved you should find another competition to play in. 

From what I heard from the meeting they may be a rewards grant for clubs who have the Rhino shirt deal have arnold clark on their shirts or share the sponsors messages on social media for example. 

3 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

No it isn't much but better than nothing

I guess if you do not like  the league you are in or the costs involved you should find another competition to play in. 

From what I heard from the meeting they may be a rewards grant for clubs who have the Rhino shirt deal have arnold clark on their shirts or share the sponsors messages on social media for example. 

Was it Woody who came up with a similar statement of "Sink or Swim" or something along those lines.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Said it many times, we are all volunteers who are involved for our enjoyment and worrying about costs is not enjoyable.. I can assure you that finance is a major issue for all clubs.and the major concern for committees. Travel costs are without doubt the major costs to all of us. Granted the sponsorship secured by the NCL has been a great help to most clubs but surely the RFL can afford to support the next level to professional rugby league. The RFU are superb in looking after all clubs at all levels we need to take a look at them for inspiration.

34 minutes ago, Mr Smeaton said:

I was at a game last week when the visitors traveled over from Yorkshire in cars. One of their committee said they only use coaches for travel to Cumbria due to the cost. What happens if a car breaks down or a traffic jam on the M62?

Car = 4 players Coach = 17 players

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived