The Man! Arnaud Bartes?

BarraFan

Lots of fans are asking why are the club paying for Hock and he's done nothing for our club never put a Barrow shirt on!  When we have Bartes wanting to play for us but can't due to funds/ salary cap! As we no he's a great forward who we could do with right now!!! Time to get rid to free up some funds.

18 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Lots of fans are asking why are the club paying for Hock and he's done nothing for our club never put a Barrow shirt on!  When we have Bartes wanting to play for us but can't due to funds/ salary cap! As we no he's a great forward who we could do with right now!!! Time to get rid to free up some funds.

Do lots of fans not understand how contracts work? Unfortunately he got an injury in pre season but because someone has a long term injury you cant just release him unless he agrees to it, if he has said he won’t be playing til July well unfortunately that’s how it is and the club will have to honour his contract. I don’t think many (if any) injured players would agree to having there wages stopped before they were fit enough to start playing again.

Yeah, I don't think we'll ever see Hock pulling on a Barrow shirt. However, in fairness to him, he was injured whilst serving the club. He has a contract and I think most of us would expect to be paid if we were injured at work.

I have a feeling that as soon as he's fit, due to being out of the game for the best part of 18 months, he'll want to call it a day. I can sense that the club would then release him from the contract to avoid the hassle.... That would annoy me. We should be ensuring that he upholds his end of the contract when he can.

2 hours ago, The Vet said:

Do lots of fans not understand how contracts work? Unfortunately he got an injury in pre season but because someone has a long term injury you cant just release him unless he agrees to it, if he has said he won’t be playing til July well unfortunately that’s how it is and the club will have to honour his contract. I don’t think many (if any) injured players would agree to having there wages stopped before they were fit enough to start playing again.

Should never have signed him anyway Vet imo. 

It was always a signing that would split fans, I thought he would certainly add to the team, unfortunately injuries can happen anytime, I hope we get to see him in a Barrow shirt

On 3/31/2019 at 11:40 PM, BarraFan said:

Yawn. .. no offence but its tiresome. Im sure the board have seen multiple times about the Bartes situation. 

No understanding of contracts and commercial sports situation. This is something agents and the board agree

The bigger issue is from what I've read is that we didnt secure anything with Wigan around loans as part of the Bullock deal because we are not dual reg. ... thats poor as it sounds like weve got a really poor deal there. 

Hankisnon and Paisley and Ganson would have been great aquisitions on loan 

Also with  the local press  stating theres only been 12 available for training and Barrow area having at least a pool of 50/60+ decent local players, could they not enhance the local ties with inviting some down to train or fill in with the U19's .... seems a bit poor? 

8 hours ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

Wheres it come from that Bartes wants to come back?

Probably from the club having a deal verbally agreed with him, but before he actually signed the contract Catalans invited him for a trial which he chose to do and the club moved on and signed Jordan walne instead.  The Bartes deal was so close to being completed they even had his shirt complete with squad number made.

Archived