Batley Boys' Home Venue

Batley Boys' Twitter feed suggests Saturday's (30/3) NCL game with Drighlington took place at their own ground, on Halifax Road, Staincliffe, rather than at Batley RLFC's Mount Pleasant. Their first home match was at Mount Pleasant. Was this switch to Staincliffe a one-off (to protect the MP pitch, maybe) or will Batley Boys be staging more NCL games at their own ground?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2019 at 11:46, beefy1 said:

From what I'm told, they only plan on playing a couple of games at Mount Pleasant.

Went to the Batley Boys-Millom game this afternoon (13/4/19). The home people said Boys decided to forget about playing at Mount Pleasant (after just one game) because Batley Bulldogs wanted to charge them £500-a-match and keep the bar/catering takings. Over the years, how many Batley Boys ARLFC products have turned pro with the Gallant Youths/Bulldogs?

traveld 3 hr on a bus to batley to find out no bar or facilities for supporters then made 2 mile journey to field players got lost walking played on coucil pitch  back to a freezin club of batley rlfc wot happened to the suppose standards that the conference laid out for clubs to have to play in this league av a luck comittee  been involved 30 odd years never ad out as bad

2 hours ago, desert head said:

traveld 3 hr on a bus to batley to find out no bar or facilities for supporters then made 2 mile journey to field players got lost walking played on coucil pitch  back to a freezin club of batley rlfc wot happened to the suppose standards that the conference laid out for clubs to have to play in this league av a luck comittee  been involved 30 odd years never ad out as bad

And we wonder why rugby league struggles

17 hours ago, desert head said:

I know this was your first post but it is nowhere near 2 miles from the changing rooms to the pitch

8 hours ago, Mr Partridge said:

Good team,good people,well organised.However the venue at Halifax Road is not fit for purpose especially at the bottom end where there is potential for a kick at goal to end up on the 268 bus to Heckmondwike

Is kicking for goal with a road behind the sticks not allowed in the NCL - Just be thankful it's summer rugby your playing on their pitch.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

43 minutes ago, desert head said:

still a good walk wot bowt other standards ir clubhouse dug outs og pifch not even marked out correctlly ie lines missing  

Really they’ve got benches in the technical area also marked out with every line marked I dunno what ground you weren’t at on Saturday only missing were the 40/20 marking on the sidelines which the club knows about.., 

the ncl inspection took place and the NCL guy walked from our changing rooms to the field at Halifax road so if he had any worries he’d of put it on a report stop been bitter after you got beat  

The lads just wanted to play at a better standard from the Yorkshire men’s league. We was short on volunteers Saturday the bar is normally open all morning till well after the open age have played. Our coach offered to open the bar and leave the players for the warm up. Pitch is fine nothing wrong with it.  The walk is not ideal I agree, the club is working on finding an alternative. Give us a chance before just calling us. I’ve always enjoyed a trip to millom great little set up and look forward to the trip this year. 

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Didn't the clubs vote Batley Boys in though? 

The clubs voted Batley in on the recommendation of the committee. Most of the clubs would probably have never been to Batley's ground. I understand the committee wanting to keep up the standards of facilities in the NCL (maybe not in this case - Batley Boys is one of 3 NCL grounds I have never been to) but, I also have sympathy with clubs who have playing ambition but can't get into the NCL due to poor facilities. In the early 90's I was involved with a team in the NWCL and we had a side that I am convinced would have walked through the NCL divisions. We also had youth teams but not good enough facilities. We did everything in our power over a number of years to get better facilities but to no avail. That team no longer exists at all.

7 hours ago, desert head said:

not avin go at the club just thr national league commitee

It's obvious that the NCL committee have dropped their standards to attract a greater number of clubs in recent times, within the amateur games we've always had some clubs with excellent facilities but weak on the park and clubs who where strong on the park but weak in other departments, I suppose the new vision must be to let teams in and let them grow whatever parts are missing whilst playing.

5 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

The clubs voted Batley in on the recommendation of the committee. Most of the clubs would probably have never been to Batley's ground. I understand the committee wanting to keep up the standards of facilities in the NCL (maybe not in this case - Batley Boys is one of 3 NCL grounds I have never been to) but, I also have sympathy with clubs who have playing ambition but can't get into the NCL due to poor facilities. In the early 90's I was involved with a team in the NWCL and we had a side that I am convinced would have walked through the NCL divisions. We also had youth teams but not good enough facilities. We did everything in our power over a number of years to get better facilities but to no avail. That team no longer exists at all.

We where in the same boat 

Archived