• London
    • Huddersfield
    • Wigan
    • Catalans
    • Hull FC
    • Salford
    • Wakefield

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/19 at 18:45

The relegation battle is looking wide open this year, London have shown they are not the whipping boys some people were expecting with unbelievable wins against Wakefield, Leeds and Wigan, as well as pushing others close.

With only 4 points separating the bottom 9 clubs, anyone of those clubs could still be in danger of relegation at this point.

Who are you tipping to go down?

Still can't see past London at this stage. If they can put up a fight it could be quite exciting but I feel KR would be the other ones in trouble. Huddersfield seem to be getting it together a bit and I can't see Leeds finishing bottom though all four of those mentioned might have been worried if we still had the 8's.

6 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I still think London will be okay, but only if they can, even at thus stage, add a couple of decent players to the squad. It wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of Aussie additions sooner rather than later. 

Plenty floating around in reserve grade. 

London

As the season goes on, and injuries start to pile up, they simply won't have the depth of squad to win games when they really need to.

They've done really well so far, and they'll no doubt pick up other 'against the odds' victories - but I just think the other teams will know too much and have too much to end up below London.

1 minute ago, ghost crayfish said:

Sadly, I think it will be London. How can they ever build in this system? They and Catalans should be exempt. Give the secure expansion licenses and let the rest duke it for P&R.

Wrong. They will never improve if they have nothing to play for

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

18 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Sadly, I think it will be London. How can they ever build in this system? They and Catalans should be exempt. Give the secure expansion licenses and let the rest duke it for P&R.

That dear Dear Sir is simply not sport, bottom means bottom and respectfully relegation goes with that, I don't give a flying one what other countries or sports do P& R is part of the British sporting phschy, it wouldnt be eliminated from Football why should it be from Rugby League in this country, abhorrent idea not ethical and simply not fair to the other clubs.

London , said it at the start , still saying it now , Leigh won 3 of their 1st 6  , but as soon as injuries and tiredness creeps in they'll struggle , HKR struggling at the moment but now getting players back will take them to 11 th

36 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Yesterdays loss to The Giants was a huge blow to London chances of staying up this season. A win yesterday would have set them up for the season, but their confidence has probably gone now and i doubt they will win another league game this season

That's a bit harsh. I thought London gave it good go for the full 80 yesterday and will trouble plenty of teams at home.

They lacked a bit of grunt up front but like to throw the ball about and have some speedy backs.

If they keep their heads up and keep their attitude all season they'll have a decent chance.

Injuries, as always, may play a part.

Its all going to come down to injuries. Whoever out of London, Salford and Hull KR keeps their best players playing for the most amount of games is going to be key in this as all 3 have squads with ostensibly little depth. Huddersfield, Hull FC and Leeds could also be drawn in if they just keep playing as badly as they have been at times this season.

London losing at home to a bottom half of the table rival is a real kick in the teeth for them - that place simply has to be a fortress.

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That dear Dear Sir is simply not sport, bottom means bottom and respectfully relegation goes with that, I don't give a flying one what other countries or sports do P& R is part of the British sporting phschy, it wouldnt be eliminated from Football why should it be from Rugby League in this country, abhorrent idea not ethical and simply not fair to the other clubs.

I suspect we'll never agree and this is  therefore pointless, but anyway...I think clubs with strategic importance and greater need for long-term security (ie London and international clubs) should be protected from relegation. It fundamentally changes the geographic nature of the competition (which in turn affects broadcasters and sponsors) to have those clubs drop. London may never work full stop - but any chance it has is definitely gone without long-term security, investment and strategy.

I was proposing a compromise so lower league clubs can still have aspiration. I do get it's not ideal though.

1 hour ago, Monkey Lover said:

It was the worst London performance at Home for a year or so and it came at the wrong time in a game they could have won. Huddersfield were very good at laying a simple game plan and executing it. London were soft in defence at times and lacked ideas with the ball.

Panic stations...no, white flag....no, but it needs addressing. You don't get many second chances in Elite sport, they are no longer playing the likes of Halifax, Batley and Barrow. The games against Catalan and Salford at home this month have now become must wins when in fact they could have had at least 2 more points on the board from Hull or Huddersfield and not be under so much pressure to win them. Salford have played that pitch before so are unlikely to be caught out by the way London play on it, Catalan need to be on their A game if they want to take the points.

Hopefully London will be relegated. Yes they represent the capital city but they bring nothing to the competition as their support is pathetic. 1400 on Sunday with around 300 away fans. Not good when the sport needs to negotiate a new TV deal.

Archived