Widnes Vikings

Batley Bob

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just wondering what team forum members would put out?  I usually have a fair idea but not this season.  So, without being rude about any of the squad, what team would you pick against Widnes (assuming all are available).

i would go for

1) Dave Scott

2) Johnny Campbell

3) Sam Wood

4) Lewis Galbraith

5) Wayne Reittie/ Nial Walker

6) Louis Jouffrett

7) Oliver Greenall

8 ) Adam Gledhill

9) Alistair Leak

10) Michael Ward

11) Dane Manning

12) Jack Downs

13) James Brown

14) Dom Brambrani

15) Joe Tiara

16) Paul Brearley/ Tyler Dickinson

17) Tom Lillycrop

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

22 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

Weird one is that as just looked on RFL.COM and absolutely no mention if been charged or not which there are ones for games played on 24th which was day after

Championship disciplinary announced on a Thursday following the weekend games. Even if charged will be able to play this week - penalty notices start from following week (to allow appeals to be made) and hearings for high grade charges not till the following Monday.

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Championship disciplinary announced on a Thursday following the weekend games. Even if charged will be able to play this week - penalty notices start from following week (to allow appeals to be made) and hearings for high grade charges not till the following Monday.

It wasn’t even in the rugby league express this week following last weeks call up 

I wonder if he got sos

greavesy

• greavesy
  • Coach
  • 652 posts
   On 3/27/2019 at 6:15 AM,  graham fisher said:

We have not been in this position Graham for a number of seasons but I fear relegation may be on the cards with our present problems. We lack leadership pace, and good forwards. Mr Diskin seems to have lost the plot with his game plans and I honestly cannot see where our next points are coming from. Letting Patch Walker go to Sheffield was a huge mistake IMO He was the glue that held the team together. Hope we can overcome these probs and get some wins ASAP.

You've had a win now but let's face it as a number point out on these forums Batley have a good team on paper but someone needs to decide who the pair of organisers are and go from there. The team in fairness need to be more settled and not swapping and changing. The only upside is that a loosing team costs less to run from a financial point of view, but no one likes to be part of such a team especially the supporters. You can pick teams all day long, but without knowing who to build your team around where do you start?

16 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

yep i know that but if you look on RFL disciplinary page it has all those that were sin binned or sent off with charges or no charges, for games played on 24th, where Galbraith was sent off on the 23rd Toulouse game

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

They seem to have changed the format again, you used to simply go onto the rfl site click on disciplinary and input your teams name and hey presto the names appeared and case numbers, unless I'm missing something.

Scott

Rettie

Wood

Galbraith

Campbell

Jouffret

Yates/Russell

Gledhill

Leak

Dickinson if fit/ Ward

Downs

Manning 

Brown

Subs

Yates if Russell plays, needs game time to step up, why else was he brought in?

Taira, needs to get confidence, pkayed well on Sunday

Bretherton for vast experience

Everett if onlybtovtry and get him running onto a ball.

As Brambani isn't in your squad Phildog, who's your Captain?Which pair are your organisers? Who has more experience than Brambani as he's been one of the main pivotal players at Batley, Sheffield and Dewsbury for the last ten years. So what's changed? 

i thought brambani had a good game on Sunday. 

would definitely have him in my side this weekend.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Scott

Rettie

Wood

Galbraith

Campbell

Jouffret

Brambani

Gledhill

Leak

Dickinson

Downs

Manning 

Brown

Subs

Yates (To spell as second hooker)

Taira

Brearley

Lillycrop/Ward (Though I think Everett hasn't been too bad so far)

I think Brambani has to play, both as club captain, but also I think he deserves some slack! He looked a different player alongside Jouffret at the end of last season, and I think we need to go for that again.

Whatever team he picks, I would like to see him stick with it for a decent while if injuries do not intervene!!

For what it's worth going with 3 half backs last week seemed to work, looks like one injury Dickinson due for an op, looks like Galbraith could be available.

3 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

yep i know that but if you look on RFL disciplinary page it has all those that were sin binned or sent off with charges or no charges, for games played on 24th, where Galbraith was sent off on the 23rd Toulouse game

Didn't realise it was 2 weeks ago. Maybe the ref forgot to put it in his report? ? 

Didn't take long!!!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Think you're being extremely kind Dog forever!

Where, or who are the organisers on the field now?

Let's face it the ruling body dish out the cards of who you're allowed to play so you've got to make the best of it. The only problem being is that ultimately it will probably be the ruination of the game. We're still 30 yrs behind the Aussies with regard to coaching and bringing kids up through the ranks etc.Said this to Bradford 20ish years ago when Brian Smith and Matthew Elliott had arrived, they sent someone over to Aussie who didn't believe that we were 30 yrs behind, low and behold he came back after 3 weeks and confirmed how far behind we were in this country. It seems that not much has changed which is a great pity. The only thing being is that players coming through the ranks are being left sat on the bench etc because of the loan system. Can anyone explain why we never learn? All we have to do is copy the format of others and we can't even do that!

Can't blame the coach either for playing the cards which he's been dealt, it seems he's also having to make the best of a bad job and who can blame him? He's to answer to the board, players, supporters etc etc. Might be a worse job than being a ref if there is such a thing!

Archived