Swinton at home

spanishknight

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Think there will be several changes from the Barrow game with all the regular players returning, glad I dont have to pick the 17.

This, on paper is a very winnable game, and if we can come out on top we will have a bit of a cushion with the teams below us as we go into a difficult group of fixtures over Easter, I think Fordy will go for his tried and trusted players for the 17 this week. With Sheffield and Featherstone playing Toronto and Toulouse at the weekend, it's a great chance to gain points on them.

I'd go so far as to say that we need to win this one. Our next games after that are Widnes (cup), Fev, Widnes, Toulouse, Batley, Fev, Widnes and Toulouse. Could easily be mired in mid table after that lot unless we beat the teams that are struggling. On the other hand if we're still in the play-off places after the Toulouse home game we'll be looking in good shape.

Apart from the opening day defeat at Sheffield, Swinton have been competitive in every game so need to approach this game professionally. Then again I'd expect nothing different from a James Ford coached side.

Hopefully the club will open 2 stands again, from memory Swinton have a slightly bigger travelling support than Sheffield. 

Knights by 16, crowd 1995

59 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I'd go so far as to say that we need to win this one. Our next games after that are Widnes (cup), Fev, Widnes, Toulouse, Batley, Fev, Widnes and Toulouse. Could easily be mired in mid table after that lot unless we beat the teams that are struggling. On the other hand if we're still in the play-off places after the Toulouse home game we'll be looking in good shape.

Remember 2004 when we beat Fev 4 times in one season? It was great that... :D 

I've had a look at all the April fixtures, and many of our closest rivals have games against each other, so some, if not all of them will drop points. The Batley game at the beginning of May, is the halfway point in the season, if we can still be in the top 5 after that, it is very much game on.

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I've had a look at all the April fixtures, and many of our closest rivals have games against each other, so some, if not all of them will drop points. The Batley game at the beginning of May, is the halfway point in the season, if we can still be in the top 5 after that, it is very much game on.

Think you’ll find everyone plays each other home and away plus the summer bash over the course of the season

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

6 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Think you’ll find everyone plays each other home and away plus the summer bash over the course of the season

Never.  The point I was making was that every body will have played each other once by then, apart from us and Dewsbury who won't have played Rochdale. Usually a good indication of each team's strength. 

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Remember 2004 when we beat Fev 4 times in one season? It was great that... :D 

Dying seconds and 2 points behind. Awarded a penalty in front of the sticks - took the tap, went down the short side and got over for the try. Happy days!

6 hours ago, William Webb Ellis said:

Dying seconds and 2 points behind. Awarded a penalty in front of the sticks - took the tap, went down the short side and got over for the try. Happy days!

If only there were highlights of it, I've looked and looked and cant find anything. 

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Not one mention of bogie teams in the report.

Think it'd be a bit early in the day to mention bogey teams after the Knights had only been in existence just over a year. And the fact we'd already beaten Featherstone that season.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:12 PM, AB Knight said:

Apart from the opening day defeat at Sheffield, Swinton have been competitive in every game so need to approach this game professionally. Then again I'd expect nothing different from a James Ford coached side.

Hopefully the club will open 2 stands again, from memory Swinton have a slightly bigger travelling support than Sheffield. 

Knights by 16, crowd 1995

I’m bringing along someone for his first game this season. Need a big push by everyone to keep the recruitment going and get us above 2,000. 

Swinton rely on 4 or 5 D/R players from Wigan, but after what happened at Cas tonight, I could see Wigan pulling the plug until they get their injuries sorted out. 

I think the crowd were a bit flat at the Sheffield game, let's give them 100% on Sunday.

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

A scratchy win where we didnt seem to be firing on all cylinders, but as they say a wins a win and now onto Widnes in the cup.

Seem to have been off the boil the past few games now. Watching the highlights and looks like we're letting in some soft tries whereas before our defence has been watertight. Like you say a wins a win but we need to start putting in 80 minute performances sooner rather than later when we start to play some of the "bigger" teams.

The game was won at 30 -10 and in effect the Knights only had 10 fit players on the field when they got those last 2 tries. I'm sure Fordy will have the defence sorted for the next few games. I thought Swinton were a bit of a grubby, spoiling side to be honest, did their best to slow the game down whenever they could. The final score flattered them a bit.

Another 2 points in the bag against a team that has been improving,thought our Half-backs were poor first half,but Cockayne set up 2 great try's in the second half,again our last play was not great,but on the whole it was a good performance.

Archived