Leeds Away

1 hour ago, TOWNSTRIP13 said:

That was my first time at leeds, got dropped off outside cricket ground,  And had to walk round the field to get to rugby ground did'nt realise the two were joined together, Was one hell of a win though.

I remember walking around the edge of the ground to get to the end behind the sticks. Recall just how perfect the playing surface looked close up

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I stand corrected. Thinking back I was in the clubhouse at Whitehaven RU after playing them when the result came on grandstand we were all gobsmacked.

Leeds always seemed to play on Saturdays then even tough most had turned to Sunday fixtures.

7 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Friday at 7.45 just confirmed on Leeds site. 

Well that at least gives an extra bit of recovery time before good Friday. Doesn’t make it easy for supporters wanting to travel who have to work or indeed for some of the players probably but at least battered and bruised bodies will have a bit longer to freshen up.

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

Friday at 7.45 just confirmed on Leeds site. 

Better recovery time for the lads but a real shame for those who are were we won't take anywhere near the support we would have had on a Sunday. Unless it's an overnight stay it will be a 2 in the morning job getting home. Not sure what it will do for the attendance either.

25 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Better recovery time for the lads but a real shame for those who are were we won't take anywhere near the support we would have had on a Sunday. Unless it's an overnight stay it will be a 2 in the morning job getting home. Not sure what it will do for the attendance either.

Only option they had I reckon due to football and union games on that weekend also.

Leeds generally play their games on a Friday night so I'm sure it will be marketed accordingly and I don't think we would be taking massive numbers whatever day/night its played, certainty not enough to make a big difference to the gate.

Seats are going quick. 1 bus full we are sorting a second one this morning which is already more or less full. Get in touch if you’d like to come. Travellers also taking a bus so contact them for seats also

From a Leeds perspective, AFAIK the club are only opening the South and East/Carnegie/Extentia terrace for this game. So no western terrace or North stand. Don't know what that means for Workington fans but seating will be in the new south stand seats. U16s are free too.

36 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

From a Leeds perspective, AFAIK the club are only opening the South and East/Carnegie/Extentia terrace for this game. So no western terrace or North stand. Don't know what that means for Workington fans but seating will be in the new south stand seats. U16s are free too.

That means absolutely nothing to me pal ? Is there somewhere to stand that isnt behind the posts?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Just now, The Voodooguru said:

That means absolutely nothing to me pal ? Is there somewhere to stand that isnt behind the posts?

yeah the south stand haha, although that will be where most of the Leeds fans are too. The centre usually fills up at least 40 minutes before kick off. Both terraces are good to be fair, I like standing in the end one as you can always get a decent spot even if you turn up 5 mins before kick off. Depends on what the size of the crowd is haha.

1 minute ago, The Voodooguru said:

South stand is open which is where majority of leeds fans stand and where the noisy band is Lets hope we can drown them out with town songs Just picked tickets up from town shop UTT

16 hours ago, Town Army said:

Will be buying off Leeds then if that's the case

Don't know why the confused emoji (are you even going GJ?) Pretty clear I would have thought. I'm sure there are many fans (Voodoo and me included) don't like standing behind the sticks. I would like to join in with the Town support though so maybe this once I will. Does it make any difference to Town income who you buy tickets from?

From Town shop website re Leeds: "Tickets are expected to arrive this week and we will announce when they arrive in store so you can collect, alternatively collect on match day and enjoy the pre-match build up in the Gus Risman lounge". Transporter at the ready Scotty?

Archived