Salford away

excolt

At least our fans do not have a trek to Workington or London!

I hope we shall promote the “local”occasion, enjoy an away day in the City, (shopping for those who must), acquire a lot more money than we would without the game and the chosen players a chance to play SL opposition. A good curtain raiser for the Easter programme.

For anyone driving who has not been to the stadium before DONT park on the club car park. In addition to cost, for safety reasons cars are not able to exit after the game until all the foot traffic is gone, usualy 15-20 mins (though its a couple of years since I have been)

Alternative, as you come off M60, at the roundabout take the exit after the road to tha stadium. There is a small free park at the churchyard there and free street parking on the road which runs up the back of an estate. Its 10 mins walk to stadium maximum.

This is the type of game which could see a pretty dismal gate for a super league club.  It would be nice as has been mentioned for Hornets fans and family to make it a day out at the Trafford and take in the game.  If these games are priced "right" say a tenner it will hopefully attract some new fans to the sport.

I don't get the negativity around the draw at all. The days of "golden egg" cup draws are gone look at some of the SL attendances including when so called big clubs play each other.

A RL season becomes a bit of a drag if the only thing to look forward to is playing Barrow and Swinton - marked by the coach as wins - and a clutch of other clubs that have possible next to the fixture.

Yes the game will be tough but the likely hood of drawing Thatto Heath was slim. Sounds like we are walloped before the team have left the Spotland Car Park.

Magic of the cup and all that.

19 hours ago, Hornets Nest said:

I don't get the negativity around the draw at all. The days of "golden egg" cup draws are gone look at some of the SL attendances including when so called big clubs play each other.

A RL season becomes a bit of a drag if the only thing to look forward to is playing Barrow and Swinton - marked by the coach as wins - and a clutch of other clubs that have possible next to the fixture.

Yes the game will be tough but the likely hood of drawing Thatto Heath was slim. Sounds like we are walloped before the team have left the Spotland Car Park.

Magic of the cup and all that.

I share your sentiments, but at the same time I think  the introduction of SL and the FT status of SL clubs (and a sprinkling of others) has produced an increasing gap in fitness levels. Prior to super league the difference between top division and second division was predominantly talent , not fitness.  All players had other jobs and trained in the evenings. Now there is such a gap in fitness that these games present an increased risk of injuries to the PT players.

Lets hope we catch them on a bad day and we avoid any serious injuries.

4 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Whoever from Hornets agreed to this match being played on the Friday night, when a lot of our sponsors have been invited to a Charity bash at the Town Hall, wants sacking!!!!

And yet you realise that Salford are the home team? As per the operation rules (B3 14) they decide when the game is played, so I doubt there was much the Rochdale staff could do. As a positive Friday night under the lights, a decent ticket price and 7 days rest before the Swinton game. I’ll be going! 

76 - 6 loss; hopefully the team gained something positive from the “experience”, but without any physical injury.  Even Warrington got a 38-12 league pasting tonight at Saints!  However, the disparity between SL and the rest seems to be growing. The new lower leagues’ 1895 cup competition may provide a future answer. 

Still, 8 days to recover for the crucial Swinton game.

Archived