Parramatta’s new stadium - a video tour.

2 hours ago, Copa said:

This has to be one of the best purpose built rugby league stadium so far.

A great video tour is available on this site:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/02/a-look-inside-the-new-bankwest-stadium/

This looks a cracking stadium. There are some great modern stadiums in the NRL, AAIM Park Melbourne , CBUS Gold Coast and of course Suncorp Brisbane. 

Nobody likes watching games at the massive white elephant Olympic Stadium, the more purpose built RL grounds the better. Hopefully the Cowboys can sort the funding for their proposed new stadium. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This looks a cracking stadium. There are some great modern stadiums in the NRL, AAIM Park Melbourne , CBUS Gold Coast and of course Suncorp Brisbane. 

Nobody likes watching games at the massive white elephant Olympic Stadium, the more purpose built RL grounds the better. Hopefully the Cowboys can sort the funding for their proposed new stadium. 

I thought it was already underway.

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2018/07/04/north-queensland-stadium-release-july18/

https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/business-and-economy/the-north-queensland-stadium

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Cowboys move in next season, already being built. 30-40% complete I think. Here is some drone footage 

34 minutes ago, Heritage XIII said:

Cowboys move in next season, already being built. 30-40% complete I think. Here is some drone footage 

1 hour ago, Allora said:

I thought it was already underway.

That’s good to see, the NRL is going through a phenomenal period of growth and the new stadia will help that continue.

I think I must have read something about trying to secure funding for this and mixed up the two.

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/03/30/new-cowboys-hq-a-step-closer/

5 hours ago, Copa said:

This has to be one of the best purpose built rugby league stadium so far.

A great video tour is available on this site:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/02/a-look-inside-the-new-bankwest-stadium/

30k seats.  What was the cost?  I see it will be shared at times with other clubs. 

Who paid for it?

It looks a bit grey.  

1 hour ago, Heritage XIII said:

It already looks better than Manly’s stadium.

This and the new stadium in Townsville look absolutely top notch and should improve Parra and NQ massively. 

Still too many poor attendances across the league though, there’s a few other clubs who desperately need some new facilities. 

Once ANZ Stadium (Olympic Park) is reconfigured/refurbed, Roosters new stadium complete & hopefully Brookvale refurbed, by 2022/3 the NRL will be in the box seat for growth which has all but stagnated. There should be some nice growth in attendances from all this. After all, Sydney has not had dedicated decent size RL stadia built since 19886-88, that is a whole 30+ years. AFL has had more spent on dedicated grounds for that game in Sydney during that time.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Allora said:

Parramatta opening the Stadium in style.

Didn't they just, though. Scoring at will, almost, in the 2nd half.

Watching on Sky there didn't seem to be any empty places, though I'm sure someone will be along soon to contradict that.

23 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

That's what they've been saying for a while.  Plenty of empty seats at the game. ?

I noticed that too. There also seemed to be a lot of people standing around the mid level walkway watching the game. That happens in canberra too.... buy tickets but watch from the walkway around the stadium.

26 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

That's what they've been saying for a while.  Plenty of empty seats at the game. ?

The Stadium officially  holds 30,000

The crowd today was 29,047 

You can nitpick that if you like.

Just now, Copa said:

I noticed that too. There also seemed to be a lot of people standing around the mid level walkway watching the game. That happens in canberra too.... buy tickets but watch from the walkway around the stadium.

That happens a lot at Suncorp, people buy the cheapest seats and then stand in the best position they are able to, we saw it first hand in the last World Cup

38 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I like how they’ve gone for sightlines, aesthetics and atmospherics over cramming them in. 

And may I add it’s so much better to see these Sydney games in an appropriately sized stadium than ANZ.

Absolutely 100% this!

Makes for a better atmosphere there and better viewing at home.

Archived