NEWS | Cross looking for run of form

Dons News

Kieran Cross says he is targeting a string of good performances after his hat-trick against Featherstone Lions in the Challenge Cup fourth round.

Cross scored three and had a hand in two other tries as the Dons won 46-6 at the LD Nutrition Stadium.

He said: “I was Challenge Cup top try-scorer a couple of years ago so to get a hat-trick is a good start for me this year.

“I feel my performances haven’t been where they need to be so far this season, so this will help me to improve now.”

The win secured the Dons’ passage into round five of the competition, and Cross says their play was too quick for the Lions.

He added: “In all fairness we probably made it hard for ourselves with errors coming away from our own line so they deserve credit for that.

“They couldn’t cope with our play at times, we played quick rugby which we knew could hurt them.

“We’ve seen some upsets already in the competition, we had a good chat before the game about not having any complacency.”

View the full article

Archived