Wigan Warriors forward Gabe Hamlin fails drugs test

Let's just this was a one-off, and that the Pie-eating Piper of Hamlin didn't lead anyone else astray.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and continue to be the game's biggest and most successful club. 

That is why the club, the team,  the players and former players, the owner, the stadium etc are constantly under the microscope of envy and of jealousy 

Watching games on TV,  a frequent comment I make to the wife about the opposing teams is, "he used to play for Wigan." 

8 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Bateman lamped Mossop in a gym var park after apparently falling out at a day at the races no police didn't arrest them and no charges were brought, more's the pity!

Etc etc

I don't think there's too much wrong with that and unless it's premeditated, the size of the fine is harsh on JB. Two lads have a falling out and scrap, big deal. Surely it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, why wasn't mossop fined?

One thing i will say, John Bateman is hard as nails. Decking a prop, he can't have been more than 20. He's always first man into a scrap on the pitch, first to defend a teammate and I've never seen him back down to anyone. 

And yes, I do have a man crush on Bateman. If you're reading this John.... hi. 

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Watching games on TV,  a frequent comment I make to the wife about the opposing teams is, "he used to play for Wigan." 

I am sure 'the wife' can't get enough of that banter.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Hughsehhh said:

Two lads have a falling out and scrap, big deal. Surely it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, why wasn't mossop fined

The fact that just one of the individuals was fined and suspended is evidence that it wasn't six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Following an internal investigation Bateman was fined and suspended by Wigan and Mossop wasn't. Whatever the details of the incident, that tells you who the guilty party was.

What is interesting is that after all this plays out it is Lee Mossop who leaves the club while Bateman stays.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Certainly an unorthodox way for this 'elite' club to attract sponsors and ensure a wonderful television deal for the future.

If the salary cap breach was due to new administrators taking on the task during a busy period perhaps the changing of staff at the club - https://wiganwarriors.com/news/2019-02-27-mccormack-to-leave-wigan - or the lack of continuity with a replacement,

may be linked.

It seems the NRL require 2 Welfare Officers for each club.Wigan do seem to have problems with planning ahead.

I do hope it is the 'elite' clubs who fund the required Welfare Officers;and no one else.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

There's a worrying trend with supposedly top-tier rugby league athletes taking damaging recreational drugs (cocaine usually).  England internationals Hock, Hardaker and Chase.  Others like Walker, Minns, Hamlin.  Ex players like Alker and Moore.  God knows how many in Aus/NZ but the stand out ones are Kiwi captain at the time Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor.

And these are only the ones that get caught.

I think there's a very real problem sadly.

Whether it actually hinders their performance is kind of a moot point; pro athletes should know they just can't be doing this.

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

2 things that were great about 1895....league was born and you could get this in Boots

article-2198086-14D3AB65000005DC-305_634x402.jpg

And what was in the original coca cola???

You could get radium to whiten your teeth...?

13 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

And Bateman has developed into one of the best if not the best second rower in the world. A world cup player and current international.  He is certainly one of the best sought after. So much so that Wigan got a useful fee for him.  By all means dredge up what you want... but in 3 years since he has become a great player and Wigan made him so.  Are Wakefield on the rocks because of a 20 month ban on Adam Walker?  By all means list out all the other issues other players you like elsewhere and may be we can get a committed to score points. 

Utter bollockx

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

42 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Wigan’s best forward, some would say player, this year from what I gather so it’ll be a loss to their side, which is good news for the rest of Super League. 

I don't know if its already been mentioned but he probably looking at a minimum of 2 years IF he's found guilty

Archived