Lewis Heckford

HaxbyKnight

10 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

He’s a half back isn’t he? Obviously won’t get in ahead of Sykes and Finn but surprising he’s been allowed to link up with York. You would have thought he would have been sent to a League 1 team?! 

He'll be cover for Robinson and Cockayne. Both were injured at the weekend, and we had to play a hooker and a full back in the halves.

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

He'll be cover for Robinson and Cockayne. Both were injured at the weekend, and we had to play a hooker and a full back in the halves.

Hooker and a full back! Don't you have any second rowers?  Ours can play any position..

On a serious note not seen enough of Heckford to make a judgement..

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Hooker and a full back! Don't you have any second rowers?  Ours can play any position..

On a serious note not seen enough of Heckford to make a judgement..

I have.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Don’t be getting too excited ? to be honest I can’t for the life in me understand why we signed him permanently.

Cover when we didn't have any scrum half at all. Finn and Brown will get another chance to form a partnership this weekend, and the next and probably the one after too, judging by the way that Sykes was limping on Sunday.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

The way I've read it in Dewsbury reporter is that we've released Heckford and he's gone to York initially on loan with a view to signing a deal.

Pedant mode here, but if we have released him how can he go on loan? On trial maybe,, but not on loan.

:rtfm:

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2019 at 15:56, Blind side johnny said:

I have.

If this is the same Heckford who came through Stanley Rangers then it shows just how ###### we are at creating halfbacks in this country. I know he lost some of his career due to a wrongful criminal accusation but as a kid he looked a world beater. Even taking the incident into account I don't know what Wigan do to all the talent they hoover up. Hampshire left there a broken player whilst other have failed to bloom. Even George Williams hasn't really progressed despite making the England team as IMO he's hugely over rated. Sad.

I was at Featherstone tonight, and when the players were warming up somebody asked me if the player kicking the ball was Heckford. This bloke knew him from his early days, and told me he was absolutely outstanding before events outside of the game stalled his career. I don't know the details, and I'm not advocating criminal activity, proven or otherwise, but maybe given a chance he is still young enough to make a very good rugby player. 

Archived