Denver test promoter Jason Moore

Meh, I wouldn't be to worried about him.

Like I was saying from when he first tried to get involved in RL, he is a snake oil salesman and always has been.

He makes massive promises to the sports that he is looking at getting involved with that he couldn't possibly achieve, sets up a series of matches or a tournament based on these promises and gets one match off the ground which then massively under preforms by the standards that he has promised. The teams and governing bodies don't get the money they were promised, and as is natural, get cold feet, then it all falls apart and he blames everybody else for the failure when really it failed because he promised the world when he doesn't have the means to deliver the world, and like always he's moved on to the next sport promising them the world and using his prior 'successes' as proof that he can deliver on his promises while making sure not to mention all the broken promises.

I mean just look at all the ###### he promised the DiamondBacks to get them to Australia. They were going to get hundreds of millions in TV rights for one game a year, sold out crowds all paying top dollar by American standards (that's hundreds of dollars for the worst seats in au$), a bunch of top Australian cricketers who would supposedly be desperate to give up their lucrative careers as professional cricketers to have a crack at playing Baseball on minimum wage, a massive instant support base for the D-backs would pop-up in Australia overnight despite the fact that baseball isn't really all that popular in this country, etc, etc, etc. Doesn't that stuff sound very familiar...

Of course what he actually delivered the D-backs and MLB was one game in Sydney where the tickets didn't sell at what would be exorbitant prices in the Australian market, they didn't get a broadcasting deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars for one game a year, no Australian cricketers of note even looked at the D-backs twice let alone trialed or signed up on minimum wage, etc, etc, so after the first game in what was to be a 5 year deal (or however many years it was supposed to be) the D-backs and MLB pulled the plug because they didn't get what they were promised... Which I'm sure sounds very familiar.

Moore blamed the "lack of support" from the Dodgers, the ABL, and just about everybody else for not being able to keep his promises... Again doesn't that sound familiar... Then he moved on to selling the same ###### to the RLIF.

The guy is a snake oil salesman posing as a big time sports promoter to boost his own ego, so really who cares who he is trying to pull one over now. 

As true as all of that is, he was kind of screwed of any chance of success by the NRL constantly trying to fight against the match and no one bring certain it was going ahead.

That said, the idea of playing at Denver was ridiculous. There seemed no real point to it.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

As true as all of that is, he was kind of screwed of any chance of success by the NRL constantly trying to fight against the match and no one bring certain it was going ahead.

That said, the idea of playing at Denver was ridiculous. There seemed no real point to it.

Really? That certainly wasn’t certainly the general consensus on here around that time. According to the pie in the sky posters on here, the match was going to cement rugby league’s place in America and people watching will be hooked....

Rational people could see all along that the idea was pointless 

This certainly didn't help but I guess the NRL got the result they wanted in the end.

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Really? That certainly wasn’t certainly the general consensus on here around that time. According to the pie in the sky posters on here, the match was going to cement rugby league’s place in America and people watching will be hooked....

If it had been supported by the NRL, it could have hooked a new audience. There was no actual follow up plan though by the looks of it.

I don't think anyone suggested it would cement rugby league's place in America though. I think that's a strawman.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

If it had been supported by the NRL, it could have hooked a new audience. There was no actual follow up plan though by the looks of it.

I don't think anyone suggested it would cement rugby league's place in America though. I think that's a strawman.

And by follow up plan, you probably mean send a few more teams that Americans couldn’t care less about to play games. This game was pointless whether or not the NRL supported it. 

You should ask yourself why is that sports like football and union had/have plans in America which span decades? It’s not as simple as playing a few games and attracting an audience

3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Even if there had been a follow up plan, the financial loss he took would have scuppered it regardless.

4 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

It wasn't pointless, just the wrong location. The NRL interference was the biggest issue though, the long delay certainly prevented traveling numbers. 

Nothing wrong with taking games to new markets. You can't keep it secluded on the M62 forever and it drew a bigger crowd than Hull did. 

4 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

It wasn't pointless, just the wrong location. The NRL interference was the biggest issue though, the long delay certainly prevented traveling numbers. 

Nothing wrong with taking games to new markets. You can't keep it secluded on the M62 forever and it drew a bigger crowd than Hull did. 

Which was the right location? 

Sure nothing wrong with it but don’t expect  something to come out of it 

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Which was the right location? 

Sure nothing wrong with it but don’t expect  something to come out of it 

Rogers Centre and working with the Wolfpack, or Philadelphia or Jacksonville areas where something could at least come from it afterwards if locals enjoyed the match. There was no team in Denver so nothing to build on after the game. I realise stadiums might not have been available, but there seemed no logic to Denver. 

1 minute ago, londonrlfan said:

Rogers Centre and working with the Wolfpack, or Philadelphia or Jacksonville areas where something could at least come from it afterwards if locals enjoyed the match. There was no team in Denver so nothing to build on after the game. I realise stadiums might not have been available, but there seemed no logic to Denver. 

Denver had plenty of logic going for it.  The time zone was perfect for TV in the UK and down under too, and because it's a place which gets few such events he was able to get the NFL team there to help promote it.

5 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

How would something come from it had it been in Philadelphia or Jacksonville? 

5 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

You have proof that people were saying this I presume?

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

How would something come from it had it been in Philadelphia or Jacksonville? 

Because there would have been promotion about the Fight and Axemen at the match and if people enjoyed the game, they could go and support them afterwards. I'm not suggesting they'd suddenly gain 50k new fans, but even if say an extra 200 people turned up to watch them or a kids team got started up afterwards, that would have left a legacy afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Because there would have been promotion about the Fight and Axemen at the match and if people enjoyed the game, they could go and support them afterwards. I'm not suggesting they'd suddenly gain 50k new fans, but even if say an extra 200 people turned up to watch them or a kids team got started up afterwards, that would have left a legacy afterwards. 

Perhaps but it’s going to take more than that 

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Go have a look at the threads 

All I see is people saying its a good idea that could lead to interest from Americans. Not one person claiming it will cement anything, or will hook everyone. So, can you show me proof or your assertions?

Archived