Toulouse away

HaxbyKnight

I hope I am wrong, but I thought I heard somebody say at the weekend they were flying to the Toulouse game with Flybe. They are cancelling flights this morning and appear to be in difficulty. If any fans are booked with them, it may be worth contacting them asap.

• 3 weeks later...

Not bought tickets, was intending to pay on the day.

There are two stands, the main one (west/tribune ouest) probably best accessible from the main entrance (entree principale) and the east one opposite. The main west stand is the bigger and I guess with it been the west if the sun is out it won’t be in your eyes. Not been before but i’d suggest the main stand. Would welcome thoughts of those that have made the trip before. If it’s warm day take your budgie smugglers, there’s a pool at one end. ????‍♂️

The aerial view shot shows the West stand (red roof) on the left.

AE810266-B39F-465B-AC71-AB84FA17C7B6.thumb.jpeg.384833c5ef7a3653475d2892de428a48.jpeg

EA47B758-13DD-4F1F-9CB2-90DB53B4B76D.jpeg

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Main Stand usually has the 'house band' in there, as I know to my cost ! ?

There is usually an open air bar/BBQ behind the main stand. You pay for tokens and then use them to purchase...

Irish Bar on Strasbourg 'Alley' is always a good place to meet up in town - The Melting Pot.

Oh and before I forget - Metro station for ground is Pasteur. Just walk down the hill into Blagnac village, past the shops etc and keep going - if you walk into the River Garonne you've missed the ground !

21 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Oh and before I forget - Metro station for ground is Pasteur. Just walk down the hill into Blagnac village, past the shops etc and keep going - if you walk into the River Garonne you've missed the ground !

Is the metro wheelchair accessible can you remember mate? 

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Is the metro wheelchair accessible can you remember mate? 

I'm not sure, Gav but they are very new trams so I'd be amazed if they werent..

Wishing the KNEETS the best of luck frogside...come on..give us a bit of breathing room! Of course then we have to worry about you lot creeping up on us...aaargh!!!

6 hours ago, andyacko said:

Main Stand usually has the 'house band' in there, as I know to my cost ! ?

There is usually an open air bar/BBQ behind the main stand. You pay for tokens and then use them to purchase...

Irish Bar on Strasbourg 'Alley' is always a good place to meet up in town - The Melting Pot.

At the risk of deviating from the thread ...

In the club shop on Monday before the Widnes game and finding myself uncharacteristically pecunious I invested a tenner in your book. Fantastic read, great to relive the 2018 highlights plus brilliant wider ranging recollections - enjoyed it almost  as much as the amazing  match.

It was a helluva season!! Let's hope the Knights' exploits inspire a sequel any time soon.

So are we going in the main stand, see if we can out sing the Frenchies?? Anyone know when the knights are going over, presume they are going Friday and straight home after game? I've decided against a swim in the open air pool at 16 degrees!!

9 hours ago, Nige Arro said:

So are we going in the main stand, see if we can out sing the Frenchies?? Anyone know when the knights are going over, presume they are going Friday and straight home after game? I've decided against a swim in the open air pool at 16 degrees!!

Those Knights branded mankinis will go to waste then! 

16 hours ago, William Webb Ellis said:

At the risk of deviating from the thread ...

In the club shop on Monday before the Widnes game and finding myself uncharacteristically pecunious I invested a tenner in your book. Fantastic read, great to relive the 2018 highlights plus brilliant wider ranging recollections - enjoyed it almost  as much as the amazing  match.

It was a helluva season!! Let's hope the Knights' exploits inspire a sequel any time soon.

Well, first of all, many thanks for investing in my musings and really glad you enjoyed it. As for a sequel, ahem, the thought of that sends a cold shiver at the moment given the hours and days invested in it but never say never. Thanks again.?

14 hours ago, Nige Arro said:

They are, Nigel. Fordy said as much on Monday.

Watch out for the 'Gilets Jaunes' protests or should I say watch out for the french coppers coz they dont give a toss who they belt. Toulouse has had protests most saturdays since this started and The Melting Pot is near to where the yellow vests gather.They wont be putting the Bootham Tavern crew off anyway. Looking forward to this weekend after a very sad month just gone. Allez York Allez.

Apparently a number of Knights fans and followers meeting in Pub O'Clock tomorrow night with, again, is on Strasbourg Boulevard, just over the road from The Melting Pot.

Tremendous performance from the Knights at second in the table Toulouse Olympique, with the game going right down to the wire. In the end the French high flyers prevailed 30-26. Brilliant support from the York fans who turned out in force and created a great atmosphere. Great to catch up with some old friends and acquaintances over a beer and meet and chat with some Knights fans for the first time.

Anyway, a few from today.

6B688BFB-58DD-40A0-BEAA-5C435B73492D.jpeg

D3611910-8021-46C8-BE24-747FEFBB5EAB.jpeg

2B5C995B-36EF-49E5-A8A2-819669C367B1.jpeg

DEB43812-4950-4B3A-98EB-9BFD09177D0D.jpeg

FEBCF007-71AC-40CE-856C-57CBF74CA01A.jpeg

BAC412C2-FB09-425B-87E0-ABDAD94FBFA1.jpeg

A60BC1E3-6F81-44C2-B7DF-2B8C12B49C82.jpeg

Walking downtown Toronto about an hour ago and bumped into Josh McCrone and Ashton Sims who were out biking...chatting away and almost in the same breath it was "did you see Knights almost took Toulouse at home today?" ..Ashton said "Knights going very well this year"  so you are on the radar screen!

I managed to listen to the match in the work van (thanks Andy Atkinson, BBC York and Royal Mail!), sounds like a phenomenal performance, especially missing players with the experience of Robson, Spears, Horne, Cockayne (all ex Super League). Shame we didn't win but that's the best any team has done in Toulouse apart from Widnes. Toronto and Halifax got stuffed there. 

8 day rest before playing Batley, my hope is the atmosphere from the travelling fans in France can be replicated at home games starting with this one, and York fans turn out in force as the players deserve it. I'm sure the players will do a good job on the pitch. 

12 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Walking downtown Toronto about an hour ago and bumped into Josh McCrone and Ashton Sims who were out biking...chatting away and almost in the same breath it was "did you see Knights almost took Toulouse at home today?" ..Ashton said "Knights going very well this year"  so you are on the radar screen!

Truly magnanimous. Did they mention Fev??

Archived